X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of Stargate? Hardly...

Look everyone,

I love stargate as much as any fan. I'm looking at my stack of box sets next to my DVD shelf right now. But 10 season is a LONG time for a show to air. It's not a failure for it to get canceled. I think season 9, 10 are some of the best stargate ever! In fact, I think some of the older seasons: 3,4,5 were inferior compared to the current season's storytelling. I loved RDA's character. But I like Mitchel and Vala as well. The ratings were low for the beginning of the season. But its summer! It's tough to get high ratings when everyone's off vacationing right before school starts. I think ratings are going to pick up. Probably pick up even more now that the cancelation is anounced.

Personally, I think after season 8 they really should have created a spin off series that includes Vala and Mitchel. Stargate Command should have been created to continue the series.

But ultimately, Stargate won't stop here. It will continue. Any other network on TV would have to be stupid to say no to SG1. It's an excellent show that would draw millions of viewers to its network. I think Spike TV should seriously consider buying it. Or hey? How about USA?

It's SciFi's loss. Stargate is now a franchise. Like Star Trek. It won't end. We'll see feature films, spinoff series' and TV movies in the future. I'm confident and hopefull.

Originally posted by waywardsage
    Look everyone,

I love stargate as much as any fan. I'm looking at my stack of box sets next to my DVD shelf right now. But 10 season is a LONG time for a show to air. It's not a failure for it to get canceled. I think season 9, 10 are some of the best stargate ever! In fact, I think some of the older seasons: 3,4,5 were inferior compared to the current season's storytelling. I loved RDA's character. But I like Mitchel and Vala as well. The ratings were low for the beginning of the season. But its summer! It's tough to get high ratings when everyone's off vacationing right before school starts. I think ratings are going to pick up. Probably pick up even more now that the cancelation is anounced.

Personally, I think after season 8 they really should have created a spin off series that includes Vala and Mitchel. Stargate Command should have been created to continue the series.

But ultimately, Stargate won't stop here. It will continue. Any other network on TV would have to be stupid to say no to SG1. It's an excellent show that would draw millions of viewers to its network. I think Spike TV should seriously consider buying it. Or hey? How about USA?

It's SciFi's loss. Stargate is now a franchise. Like Star Trek. It won't end. We'll see feature films, spinoff series' and TV movies in the future. I'm confident and hopefull.
    I agree with you on most of the parts that you say ... 10 Season is alot ... But Sci-Fi and better yet , the companies that told Sci-Fi to cancell the show is wrong for doing it this way ...

They should have cancelled the show after season 8 , and yes build a new STARGATE Series base off of SG-1 .... They could have even keeps the SG-1 team ... Heck they could have keeped the same storyline kind of ...

I think someone from the STARGATE Staff even said that they wanted to end the series after season 8 , but they where re-newed by Sci-Fi so they went with it ... They wanted to turn SG-1 in to something like SG-C ( STARGATE COMMAND ) instead ...

They could have still done this , Sci -Fi could have told MGM that they where going to give SG-1 there 11th season to finish up this STORYLINE , after that they could hve done 2 things with SG-1 ...

1- could build a Mini Series to take the PLACE of season 12 , making it a 5 or 6 hour Mini Series to end this saga of STARGATE ...

2- Could have built up a new series for STARGATE COMMAND , With Mitchel and Vala still active with this series .. Maybe even keeping Teal'C , but with a smaller roll ... Having Daniel move to Atlantis , and Sam could have been other sent back to AREA 51 or have been promoted to Gen Samatha Cater ... and Put in Charge of SG-C ...

They could have also put both ideas together ...

making 11th season there last real season for SG-1 , then making the Mini Series for SG-1 , and the end of the Mini series they could have started up or even introduced this new series ....

Comment

Originally posted by waywardsage
      Look everyone,

What I am hoping for is that big networks are froathing over this big anouncement wanting SG-1. Keep the same writers and get rid of some and tell them, "NO THROW AWAYS" AND SEND THEM ON THERE WAY.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I agree with you. You've articulated what I wanted to say much better. All of those scenerios would have been excellent choices. But hey, someone WILL pick up SG1. And if its on a less fringe cable channel it'll prob get better ratings.

I mean, honestly. I only watch SciFi for the Gates and Battlestar Galactica. Otherwise, SciFi doesn't have anything to offer me. And think about that, I'M a SCIFI fan. And if the network that is it's namesake can't keep me watching they've failed in their mission.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
          Sam could have been other sent back to AREA 51 or have been promoted to Gen Samatha Cater ... and Put in Charge of SG-C ...
          I agree with everything you have said, except i dont think Sam is anywhere near General material atm.
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
          X