Welcoming The New Staff Members!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcoming The New Staff Members!

Well, it's taken a while; however, I'd now like to officially let you all in on just who our new staff writers are (most of them you should find here at GateWorld), and officially welcome them to Stargate: Horizon family.

Here goes (alphabetically)...

Marc Broadbent (staff writer)
    Marc is known here on the forum as Dr. Hurst, and he's actually working on developing a virtual spin off series of his own. No one knows how he finds all the time, but we're all very glad to be welcoming him to the team, and we look forward to his contributions. Looks like he'll be working on an episode which will heavily feature our favorite Zentaurian.

Cindy Clark (staff writer)
    Cindy's forum user name here is magicalbookworm. Having written novels for some time now, Cindy has recently joined the Horizon writing staff. She's currently working on an episode... of which I can't really reveal to much, in part because... well, we've just started working out the story today. We're also very glad to be welcoming her to the team.

John Kennedy (staff writer)
    Unfortunately I'm not sure what John's forum name is, or if he's a member of the forum yet. Either way, John has also joined us as a staff writer. He's pitched an episode idea which we've been discussing for a while now, and which will most likely see the light of day early in the second half of the season. And, same here, we're happy to be welcoming him to the team.

(NOTE: That is his real name, by the way, in case you were wondering. )

Solomon Tubbs-Foster (staff writer)
    I don't think Solomon (also known as Jago) is a member here at the forum yet either. I'll let his bio speak for itself (which we'll hopefully be getting on the site pretty soon), but let me just say that this guy has had some experience in screenwriting, producing, and, believe it or not, directing. We also officially welcome him to the team, and look forward to his contributions. He's pitched an idea that I'm really very fond of; that's all I can say for now.

And those are our four latest additions to the writing staff. There might still be an additional writer or two joining us, as I'm still getting applications, and we're trying to be staffed as well as we can. Returning staff members are of course Mike, Joe, Vincent and myself.

I'll also let you know that there's been a promotion of an already existing staff member; I was thinking about posting it here, but I'll just start a new thread for that instead.

Anyway. Let's give all of these new additions to our little family a huge welcome. Yes, it can be an overwhelming experience at first; however, I have a feeling all of them will end up liking the crazy ride they've now embarked on. Here's hoping they'll all say with us for a long time.

I think now that their identities have been unveiled, we'll see them posting here as members of the show pretty soon.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

From talking to them, I'm pretty certain they'll be great additions to the team. They've been on board for a few weeks now, remaining active and willing to write.

So, I've said before and I'll say it again: Welcome aboard!
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Wow, you're getting a big staff, Alex.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I would also like to welcome Crashhappy (Lori Llanillo) to the team as a new Concept/3D Artist...
        "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
        ==============================================================
        Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
        Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Nice big staff.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

After having a grand total of two staff members during the midseason times, and four by the end of season two, such a large staff is definitely a relief when it comes to scheduling.
            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
            Stargate Destiny, Fan
            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I can imagine, your well staffed now, good pick's too. Marc looks to be one of the best new writers around so i think Horizon having him too is really cool.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

I got an e-mail a while ago that I had been accepted to do a freelange episode or two, and I know that I've been out of the loop a while, but it's mostly because of school. I finally have MSN now, so, is that still on?

Comment

Hello everyone.
                  Thought I post something to the thread. I've been on this forum for a while, but I've really never been one to post. I'm very excited about working for Horizon and can't wait to try script writing!

Comment

What have you done before this MBW?
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

Congrats to the new staff members on getting picked. You guys should be well-staffed now, so might be less stressed...
                      And immhotep's right, Marc/Dr Hurst is a great writer. (obviously, else you wouldn't have picked him)

Comment

Yeah it looks like we are all getting a bigger staffs for our next seasons, next season genesis will have 7 writers, which is going to make us really relaxed compared to last season. Poor pope he wrote a third of the Season on his own Now we have an enitre squadren of writers...Well done to Horizon though.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

I've mostly just been writing novels. I don't have anything published as of yet. I've been working on actually editing the work I have wrote! I haven't written anything in script format before, so it'll fun to write

Comment

MBW:

Are your novels SF based?

Comment

Wow. Lotsa people joining the Horizon team as of late. Nice to see! I just wanted to take the time to announce my regular-basis return. Development of Horizon Station CGI mock-ups to re-commence sept. 23, 2006.

Cheers,
                              Nick

Creating worlds I know couldn't possibly exist. One little polygon at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X