Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an idea on how to destroy the supergate! (spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an idea on how to destroy the supergate! (spoilers)

Even though we have the supergate tied up... and no ori ships can come through at the moment... i think i have figured an idea on how it can be destroyed... and maybe take a couple of toilet ships with it!

remember the 'tainted' ZPM that camulus pointed us in the direction of in "Zero Hour"... well if that, when a small current is introduced, is predicted to be able to wipe out our entire solar system... why not put it next to the supergate and let her rip... i assume it would be enough to destroy the supergate...
    Last edited by josh; 22 August 2006, 02:53 AM.

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever
    to the blinder critics and philosophisers of today, but the core of science fiction,
    its essence has become crutial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

er so no one cares

to the blinder critics and philosophisers of today, but the core of science fiction,

Comment

Interesting idea...but it would only work once. That is, if they still have that ZPM lying around anywhere.

No way SGC would blow up a perfectly good ZPM, they would probably first use it to power the chair platform in Antartica or possibly to boost shields on the Odyssey.
      *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

but its booby trapped... thats the idea

Comment

Yeah, they would obviously use the booby trapped one, but I wonder what they did with it, its a bit dangerous to leave lying around on Earth, but thats beside the point.

I suppose they could do that, but it would be very tricky. Because first you have to be far enough away so that you're not destroyed by the explosion, and to take ships out you have to know when to detonate so you take them out too, also you have to be able to remotely initialise an electrical current from a distance almost as huge as the solar system.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

the supergate would be destroyed but assuming it's made of naquadah which would increase the blast that would be one huge explosion they'd have to evacuate the surrounding systems
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
              the supergate would be destroyed but assuming it's made of naquadah which would increase the blast that would be one huge explosion they'd have to evacuate the surrounding systems
              Oh I didn't think of that, with the size of the gate and the amount of Naquadah in it, if that was to explode along with the blast from the ZPM, the size of the explosion would be phenomenal. Its not feasible, there would be too much destruction involved with it, not worth it i guess.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

hmm yea i guess so... well maybe they would use just parts of the ZPM, in ZERO HOUR they where able to scrape microscopic pieces off... yes i now they're microscopic but maybe they could take large enough pieces to effectively destroy the supergate and not necessarily destroy surrounding systems

Comment

Better suggestion...

Follow these steps:

1. Get a spare stargate.
                  2. Take it over the supergate.
                  3. Orient the gate so the fwoosh from the gate's event horizon will wash over parts of the supergate.
                  4. Dial up the spare stargate from a convenient location under your control.
                  5. Let the supergate destruction commence.
                  6. Sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthMord
                    Better suggestion...

Follow these steps:

1. Get a spare stargate.
                    3. Orient the gate so the fwoosh from the gate's event horizon will wash over parts of the supergate.
                    we could strap a stargate to one one of our starships and take on a ori ship

i think the ZPM idea is a bit over also priors might be able magic away the taintedness from the zpm. could put it in a gatebuster let it charge the bomb then blow up with it on a ori homeworld. killing inocents but weakening them

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

Originally posted by xxmynameismikexx
                      we could strap a stargate to one one of our starships and take on a ori ship

i think the ZPM idea is a bit over also priors might be able magic away the taintedness from the zpm. could put it in a gatebuster let it charge the bomb then blow up with it on a ori homeworld. killing inocents but weakening them
                      Heck, we could even strap Stargates onto F-302s and have them fly around desintegrating stuff with kawooshes.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                        Heck, we could even strap Stargates onto F-302s and have them fly around desintegrating stuff with kawooshes.
                        I have a better idea about the tainted ZPM. We send it express mail to SciFi! SciFi must DIE!
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthMord
                          Better suggestion...

Follow these steps:

1. Get a spare stargate.

this is probally the best way to do this, the supergate was able to compltly destroy the ori ship, and its shields were very good. so a small gate shoul dhave the same affect on the supergates integrity. all you need to do is take out one block of the supergate. and its disabled.
                          Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                          (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

I ahve an idea on how to destory the Sci-Fi broadcaster!!
                            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

ha it would be funny as if the odyssey had stargate just strapped all over it. but this would never work unless it was in orbit over or on a planet because there is no point of origin in space

Comment

Working...
                              X