PDA

View Full Version : SG-9 Recruitment/team bios

Planetary_Alliance
August 20th, 2006, 09:51 AM
This is the NEW SG-9

Anyone who wishes to join SG-9 must be aproved. Once you have been aproved send me a PM (click here) (http://forum.gateworld.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=20965) with you Bio. Then I will Post the Bios and make an anouncement saying that you have joined.

TEAM MEMBERS
1.) Team Leader-Captain Adria Jhonson
2.) Civilian Ben Wolf (inactive)
3.) Second Lieutenant Mike Mazzarella
4.) Captain John Scott Harris
5.) Tokra Ilshah, host to A’aaruk

Colonel Sharp
August 20th, 2006, 07:22 PM
He is now a captain, we've changed his profile.

And I did.

Planetary_Alliance
August 21st, 2006, 03:42 AM
SHE SHE SHE

Planetary_Alliance
August 21st, 2006, 12:02 PM
Character Name: Ben Wolf
Character Age: 47
Character Rank: Civilian (read below)
Character Position: SG-9
ATA gene: Yes very strong
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 9 stone 126 lbs
Military Experience: British Army / Airforce, followed by transfer to SAS (Retired)
Speciality: Covert Ops, recon, anti-terror ops, hostage negotiations, and man hunt procedures, body guarding.
Appearance: Dark brown hair turning grey mid cut, always clean shaven, no distinguishing features.

Personality: A fairly calm and generous man, always rational and reserved. He never leaves a man, always making sure everyone is fine. He has a charm about him, always a pleasure to get along with,.

History: Born in London, to a Scottish lineage. Going to public school he studied the subjects that interested him most, chemistry, physics, maths, and ancient history. He never went on to do a degree; instead he joined the British Army and Airforce combine at the age of 16, becoming a world class pilot and marksman. He saw a lot of combat during his years in service but always craved for something different. His chance came at the age of 32 when he was transferred to the SAS. He began his training in Covert Ops and Anti-terrorist Ops, all his skills were tested while in the Middle East, his transport helicopter carrying his covert team was shot down leading to a 6 month survival test consisting of a constant man hunt. He was finally picked up were at the age of 38 he retired from active duty. He moved to America to enjoy his retirement, which did not last long. He was approached by the SGC to work in a man hunt to search for a renegade prisoner, the prisoner in question had previously worked with Ben, making Ben a good judge for the prisoners tatics. He then became part of there permanent staff though never taking on a rank. He stayed as a British Citizen, thus never being able to take on a rank, which he preferred, sort of a under the wire member. He requested to be moved to the alpha site for a change of scenery.

Equipment:
Ka-Bar USMC Combat Knife
SIG P228 (Main and CQC Pistol) with laser sight
Walther P99 (Backup weapon)

M4 (C8 Carbine) Assault rifle (with attached H&K AG36 grenade launcher)

Other details: Ben has become a world class chef over his retirement.
Welcome to SG-9:sam59:
I would have been happier though if you had PM'd me so i could add the team Bios to the First post
I should have made that more clear. Sory

Planetary_Alliance
August 24th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Welcome to SG-9:sam59:
I would have been happier though if you had PM'd me so i could add the team Bios to the First post
I should have made that more clear. Sory
MORE SPOTS OPEN

Planetary_Alliance
August 25th, 2006, 03:12 AM
I would like to welcome Mike Mazzarella to the team

Character Name:Mike Mazzarella
Character Age: 25
Character Rank: Second Lieutenant
Character Position: To be decided
Appearance: Blonde Hair, Blue eyes, Measures 5'10 fit and likes to exercises
Personality: Easy going guy. Quick thinker on the battle field. Likes to joke around sometimes and never leaves a man or woman behind even in the worst curcumstances.
History: Was born May 30, 1981. Grew up in New York. Went to public school. For College i went to U.S.M.M.A. ( United States Marine Military Acadmey) after that I served in Iraq for two years. Then when i got out of Iraq I got transferred to the stargate program thats where I got sercurity clearence on the program from Gen. Oneill. After the Alpha was rebuilt I was given an offer to go their from Gen. Oneill so I took the offer and I went.
Other important facts: I have the Ancient Gene and I know how to use Ancient Technology but I know how to read a little Ancient

Gen Blue
August 25th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Actually, the only place biographies really belong is in the Biographies Thread. You can post links in your first Team post.
And, when I get the Player List updated, I'll have the character name set up as a link to their Biography.
We were doing it this way so there is only ONE post of a bio for a person to keep up to date.
Also, it's a good idea to have the link in your signature. If anyone needs help creating a sig, PM me and I'll walk you through it. :)

Planetary_Alliance
August 25th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Actually, the only place biographies really belong is in the Biographies Thread. You can post links in your first Team post.
And, when I get the Player List updated, I'll have the character name set up as a link to their Biography.
We were doing it this way so there is only ONE post of a bio for a person to keep up to date.
Also, it's a good idea to have the link in your signature. If anyone needs help creating a sig, PM me and I'll walk you through it. :)
ok sory

Gen Blue
August 25th, 2006, 04:16 PM
ok sory
No problema. I didn't think you realized, that's all. :D

Planetary_Alliance
August 26th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Nope I must have missed that part and i thought it would make people want to join more if they knew who was going to be on their team.

SGC and SGA
August 26th, 2006, 08:02 AM
How many people are going to be on the team? There is three so far.

Planetary_Alliance
August 26th, 2006, 11:37 AM
How many people are going to be on the team? There is three so far.
we will start missions as soon as we have 4 but i wouldn't mind having 5

SGC and SGA
August 26th, 2006, 01:51 PM
we will start missions as soon as we have 4 but i wouldn't mind having 5
Ok

Amann
August 29th, 2006, 07:32 PM
permission to join sg-9

SGC and SGA
August 29th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Amann Private Message (Pm) your Bio to Planetary_Alliance.

Planetary_Alliance
September 4th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Can SG-9 Go on a mission with another team posibly just so we can get off base.

Gen Blue
September 5th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Can SG-9 Go on a mission with another team posibly just so we can get off base.
Right now, every other team is off-base. Except parts of SG3. Why don't you and your team do something ON the base? Get together in the lounge or the mess or the gym. All those threads are created. You'll have to set your listings to at least 100 days history.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 5th, 2006, 06:10 AM
What is did with my group was to begin a training excersise in the outdoors thread, it was fun and gave us somehing different to do, if you have enough to do it.

Planetary_Alliance
September 9th, 2006, 08:45 AM
What is did with my group was to begin a training excersise in the outdoors thread, it was fun and gave us somehing different to do, if you have enough to do it.
Thanks that is a good idea
We have what i feel to be a full team
YAY

Okohme
September 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM
((My character, a Tok'ra will be joining your team soon. I have approval accross the board. In case you were interested, here is the link to her background information. Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this.))

http://http://forum.gateworld.net/sh...58#post5825858

Planetary_Alliance
September 20th, 2006, 07:59 PM
((My character, a Tok'ra will be joining your team soon. I have approval accross the board. In case you were interested, here is the link to her background information. Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this.))

http://http://forum.gateworld.net/sh...58#post5825858
Nope it is the right one. So wander base until we are done training.

Okohme
September 20th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Right-O.

Planetary_Alliance
September 20th, 2006, 09:23 PM
One thing because everyone is on diffrent time zones RPing can go kinda slow so dont be like i was on my first week and just post every 30 seconds. Take your time and add detail and thoughts. And remember to use (()) when you are speaking out of charecter.

Okohme
September 20th, 2006, 09:31 PM
((Right-O))

Gen Blue
September 21st, 2006, 08:32 AM
You don't need to in the "Talk" threads. :D Everything here is pretty much Out Of Character.

I'll be adding you to the player list this evening.

Okohme
September 21st, 2006, 12:57 PM
Okay, thank you.

Planetary_Alliance
September 25th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Yo Okohme you want to RPG well get started. Where is your charecter?

JacksonMiracle
February 26th, 2007, 04:47 PM
((This was the only SG-9 "talk" thread that I could find, so I hope that it's the right place to ask you where my character should be right now. This is only the second RP I've ever participated in, so I'm not quite sure where to start. Would it be better to have my character meet yours for the first time and recieve some kind of order, or should I just jump right in wherever?))

TheGreatLordGeorge
February 26th, 2007, 05:27 PM
just jump in

Gen Blue
February 26th, 2007, 05:50 PM
((This was the only SG-9 "talk" thread that I could find, so I hope that it's the right place to ask you where my character should be right now. This is only the second RP I've ever participated in, so I'm not quite sure where to start. Would it be better to have my character meet yours for the first time and recieve some kind of order, or should I just jump right in wherever?))
Mostly we've been using the Chatterbox (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22318) for this. You're not assigned to a team yet which means you're on the Alpha-site (Gaia is the planet's name). We're in the process of cleaning up the base. Almost everyone is down on level 10 clearing debris. Those who aren't down there are in the Infirmary. Half the base is off world, either at the Beta-site (Shanstid), or on the AU mission. SG4 was in the Hangar Bay if you can scare them up.