PDA

View Full Version : Gateworld - New Atlantis Cast pics

Elwe Singollo
August 14th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Did anyone see them yet on GW? I notice Torri and Rachel are getting hair cuts :rolleyes:

Anthro Girl
August 14th, 2004, 03:10 AM
I can't tell if Torri's hair is cut or styled differently. As far as Teyla's hairstyle is concerned...I like it much, much better, if that is indeed what they'll be using in upcoming episodes. Long tresses and P90s don't mix. You could get it stuck in the magazine or something. ;)

Bagpuss
August 14th, 2004, 04:24 AM
I think Rachel/Teyla's hair is a bit shorter. Weir/Torri's hair just looks like it's been combed a little differently ?
I'm no expert on hair,really...but I think shorter styles are safer,and easier to maintain. ;)
Very nice pics of David Hewlett/McKay,though ! :D

Anubis
August 14th, 2004, 05:46 AM
I'm happy to see the change of Teyla's hair now it's a bit shorter, it looks better. I don't think Weir's hair has changed very much, just a different sort of style.

keshou
August 14th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Fingers crossed that this is Teyla's new style because it's SO much better than that old long red wig.

Torri looks adorable in that pic with her dog. :D

prion
August 14th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Did anyone see them yet on GW? I notice Torri and Rachel are getting hair cuts :rolleyes:

Torri's had that shorter cut for a while, also when you curl it it looks shorter than when straightened out. Rachel, well, I' not even sure that's her hair on current epsiodes. If so, it's a definite dye job.

Lovely photos. Just wish they weren't stamped with a fan website name. I know GW loves to do that, but i'd rather see (C) Scifi.com as that's who owns them, and in smaller print. After all, they're publicity photos for the show, not a site ;)

Elwe Singollo
August 14th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Torri's had that shorter cut for a while, also when you curl it it looks shorter than when straightened out. Rachel, well, I' not even sure that's her hair on current epsiodes. If so, it's a definite dye job.

Lovely photos. Just wish they weren't stamped with a fan website name. I know GW loves to do that, but i'd rather see (C) Scifi.com as that's who owns them, and in smaller print. After all, they're publicity photos for the show, not a site ;)To me, that seems tons more shorter than how it originally was in the first few episodes, thats why i said she may have had a hair cut, even though i knew in my mind she already had short hair ;)

prion
August 14th, 2004, 09:31 AM
I like Weir / Torri with the shorter/curlier look. Softens up her face.

morjana
August 14th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Lovely photos. Just wish they weren't stamped with a fan website name. I know GW loves to do that, but i'd rather see (C) Scifi.com as that's who owns them, and in smaller print. After all, they're publicity photos for the show, not a site ;)

Odd, I don't remember you complaining about Solutions website name stamped on the season seven publicity photos last year.

Morjana

Replicarter
August 14th, 2004, 11:35 AM
http://www.alphawebspace.com/~karl/GWPT.gif

I prefer these here photos because they have plain white backgrounds, good for imposing on other photos and backgrounds, cutting them out of the other team photos was annoying.

http://www.alphawebspace.com/~karl/GWPB.gif

GateWorld
August 14th, 2004, 04:42 PM
We started stamping photos last year when other fan sites started grabbing and reposting them without credit to GW as the source. Kind of takes the wind out of our sails.

Darren

warriorsfan
August 14th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Wow, for me the jury was still out on whether or not Torri Higginson was hot or not, but after seeing those photos of her I have come to the conclusion that she is hot. She needs to stop wearing that bulky Atlantis expedition jacket zipped all the way up and just wear skimpy t-shirts, like the white shirt we saw her wear in Rising. She's not as hot as Amanda Tapping, but still hot nonetheless.

prion
August 19th, 2004, 05:27 AM
We started stamping photos last year when other fan sites started grabbing and reposting them without credit to GW as the source. Kind of takes the wind out of our sails.

Darren

Oh, didn't realize it was a 'wind out sails' thing. The small circular logo wasn't so bad, but the name is annoying (no offense). I'd rather see them stamped Scifi as heck, they're the copyright owners and honestly, the source.

GateWorld
August 19th, 2004, 07:16 AM
You're right as to source and copyright, but unfortunately Sci-Fi does not post all (or even most) of the photos on their site for the general public. To my knowledge GateWorld is unique on that account, and the single source for the photos until they start showing up in genre publications. I think that effort is worth a little stamp.

Darren

prion
August 19th, 2004, 11:06 AM
A smaller stamp would be nicer ;)

Anthro Girl
August 19th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Jeez...ain't nobody happy? How much smaller (or faded) can the stamp be and still be effective as a stamp? :p ...don't answer that, please. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for posting the pics, Darren. I would have thought that the copyright holder would be MGM, but SciFi also makes sense. You'd think they'd want to blast these photos all over their site! ;)

Darren
August 19th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I made it smaller last month, darlin'! ;) Got rid of the circly logo and everything.

Anthro Girl
August 19th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I made it smaller last month, darlin'! ;) Got rid of the circly logo and everything.
I noticed that! ;) See? I do care!

Not that I did an exhaustive search, but I can't find any instances of the circly logo of before. Did you change all the photos on GW??? :eek:

(EDIT: Nevermind. I found some over on the Atlantis preview pics.)

Darren
August 19th, 2004, 01:41 PM
No, some episodes in the latter half of Season Seven may still have them. And possibly "New Order."

prion
August 20th, 2004, 05:33 AM
I would have thought that the copyright holder would be MGM, but SciFi also makes sense. You'd think they'd want to blast these photos all over their site! ;)

Scifi holds the copyright to all photos, hence it makes sense that they should have their logo on the photos, not fans :rolleyes: MGM holds the actual pursetrings and has the lawyers who sue.

ShadowMaat
August 20th, 2004, 05:54 AM
While I'm sure this conversation about watermarks and copyrights and "size" is all really fascinating, let's not lose sight of the fact that this is supposed to be about the pictures.

I think they look great. And as someone said, the white background tends to be very helpful. ;) Thanks ever so much for sharing!

prion
August 20th, 2004, 10:26 AM
While I'm sure this conversation about watermarks and copyrights and "size" is all really fascinating, let's not lose sight of the fact that this is supposed to be about the pictures.

I think they look great. And as someone said, the white background tends to be very helpful. ;) Thanks ever so much for sharing!

Definitely agree the pics are nice, but wanted them clean and open for wallpaper....