This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more to atlantis

atlantis is a city ship, and cities tend to have shopping centers and other sorts of stuff like that. This has been a question I've had for a while now and I'm not sure how to put it, but would Atlantis have an ancient mall where ancients could buy ancient clothes and ancient tv's and other ancient accessories? Sorry if that sounded stupid.

Im sure in a society like theirs that would play a really small part. They had more or less infinite resources at their disposal, in terms of energy and material goods, having had 1000s of planets in their empire, so most material possesions would have been free, because, they valued knowledge above else.
    Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

communists! tee hee
      Ses
      James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by spiff
        atlantis is a city ship, and cities tend to have shopping centers and other sorts of stuff like that. This has been a question I've had for a while now and I'm not sure how to put it, but would Atlantis have an ancient mall where ancients could buy ancient clothes and ancient tv's and other ancient accessories? Sorry if that sounded stupid.
        They probably used nano construction to build conceivably anything they wanted, you can see from the Asurans that the ancients understanding of nanotech was pretty advanced!

All they'd have to do was build the initial design and then create a template, after that you'd just have nanites build whatever you wanted, say harvest a single asteroid a year from a solar system like one Atlantis is in, park it in one of the sections of the city they don't yet understand and have nanites harvest whatever materials they required to construct the desired object.

In that sort of civilisation all you'd do was ask the city/call up the templates to build whatever you wanted and go and pick it up, there doesn't seem to be any concept of money involved with the Ancients as mentioned above, they were essentially a utopian civilisation devoted to bettering themselves.

Comment

very utopian they werent at war with 3 different races now where they and in any case they would have what ever luxuries they wanted, I want to know if they had a jumper each kinda like a family car or they had to book one when needed.
          War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

clothes? they all wear the same thing . and as far as TV goes the children probably make some fancy TV that plays in even higher definition then our most advanced plasma TVs. when your that far advanced i dont think capitalism can thrive like it does in less advanced societies. it probably does exist to a small extent but with everyone being able to make things that you could buy there are probably very few stores and buisnesses. (if you owned one you were probably seen as not fit for society because you are only owning a store)
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
            X