Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Direction in "Childhood's End" (spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Direction in "Childhood's End" (spoilers)

Usually, Stargate and Alantis excel particularly well with production and direction. However, a few things in the latest episode, Childhood's End, bothered me:

When the Puddle Jumper crashed, it was partially burried. However, there were skidd marks slopping downward behind the craft. This indicates that it hit about parallel to the slope of the little hill (perhaps a little steeper). An impact would push the dirt incident to the angle of impact, and the amount of rubble on the Jumper would be much less.

Furthermore, the archers were constantly holding their bows at ready. That is quite dangerous; because, then they tire very quickly. And if they had mechanical bows (as seen by a few people), why not use them! There shouldn't be a shortage since the children had over 500 years to stock up. The machines are more accurate as well as allow the archers to tire less quickly.

Finally, when Shepperd threatened the second-in-command of the council with his weapons, he was still crouched with his weapon NOT ready. That seems to defeat the purpose of his threat, since Ford was the only one able to carry through (and a lucky shot from the archers would disable him). He should have stood up slowly just before or while he spoke.

These little things bothered me a little in an other good episode of Stargate Atlantis.
    Last edited by Lord You; 13 August 2004, 09:42 PM. Reason: Add spoiler warning

And this isn't in the ep discussion thread because...?

Also: spoiler warnings would be a good idea about now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      And this isn't in the ep discussion thread because...?

Also: spoiler warnings would be a good idea about now.
      I was unsure whether or not to include it into the episode discussion thread, since I didn't intend to review the entire episode.... only a small part of it.

Comment

Your being a bit pickey for a show that has all the people in another galaxy speak english.

Comment

Feel free to continue this discussion over in our official "Childhood's End" thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3065
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
          X