X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack O'Neill's ribbons and medals

1st post here, hello all.

I have no idea if this has been asked before, but just out of curiosity, can anyone list the medals and ribbons on Jack's dress blues and what they are for?

Originally posted by Jav400
    1st post here, hello all.

I have no idea if this has been asked before, but just out of curiosity, can anyone list the medals and ribbons on Jack's dress blues and what they are for?
    Hey there, welcome to the forums!

Im not sure if this has been covered before but hopefully there is a member that is able to recognise the medals. I cut down a picture of jack so you can get a better look (hope this is what you were talking about ):

Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Yep. thats what I was talking about. The one I have here is the latest one from the Atlantis teaser photo. I tried looking up some of these and managed to find a few of them.

In the top row I "think" is the Defense Distinguished Service ribbon/medal, Distinguished Service Medal, and Defense Superior Service Medal. Thats as far as I have gotten so far.

As for the 2 badges above, I have no idea what the inverted "wings" badge is for as I haven't been able to find it anywhere. With the other one there are several badges that look close to that one but with the fuzziness of the photo and distance I can't tell which one it might be.

Since the Air Force generally is supposed to be working closely with the Stargate show for this kind of thing, I was just curious what actual medals Jack had been graced with.

PS. I just noticed the "Characters...." forum below this one. OOOps, maybe the admins/mods can move my post there, sorry.
      Attached Files

Comment

Defense Distinguished Service Medal-

Air Force Distinguished Service Medal-

Defense Superior Service Medal-

Airman's Medal-

Defense Meritorious Service Medal-

Meritiorious Service Medal-

Air Medal-

Aieral Achievment Medal-

Joint Service Commendation Medal-

Air Force Commendation Medal-

Air Force Achievement Medal-

Outstanding Unit Award-

Combat Readiness Medal-

National Defense Service Medal-

Vietnam Service Medal-

Southwest Asia Service Medal-

Air Force Overseas Long Tour-

Longevity Service Award-

Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal-

Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia)-

Comment

wow thanks for that Seldini (id green you if i hadnt used it all )
          Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

No problem!

As for the wings, it could be any of these

But it really doesn't look like any of them.

Comment

I found several lists like those but some are missing or something. See, unless I am missing something in where the break between medals are I don't see the second medal in the top row there. It looks to me like yellow, blue, yellow, and white field; and I don't see that in the listing you provided, or the ones I have been searching through ( I'm guessing on Distinguished Service medal ). And the inverted wings badge above I can't find anywhere.

Comment

their gonna have to make some service offworld medals and saving the planet medals with a number on them

oniells jacket is gonna be well colourful

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

I believe the top pin is a version of this:

US Master Parachutist Badge

Still looking for the two different ones we see on the bottom...

Comment

Seldini,

Yep, been through those as well and none of those look like the inverted one to me either. *Sigh, still searching.

Comment

Maj_Cliffhanger,

I considered that one as well, and if thats it I can't see the star in the top portion in the latest photo I attached. Although it looks like you can see it in the first one. Maybe they are getting sneaky with his badges. But that could be contributed to my eyesight.

Comment

Maj_Cliffhanger,

I considered that one as well, and if thats it I can't see the star in the top portion in the latest photo I attached. Although it looks like you can see it in the first one. Maybe they are getting sneaky with his badges. But that could be contributed to my eyesight.
                        Looking again... I think it's there - there's a hint of something coming down off the center, I just shadowed from the way the light it hitting it! It is a raised emblem.

On a secondary note, I think the bottom badge of the first pic posted is this

Space-Missle Badge/Command level

That second bottom one looks likes it's going to be tough because of blurring... It lookes so sharp edged!

Comment

I found several lists like those but some are missing or something. See, unless I am missing something in where the break between medals are I don't see the second medal in the top row there. It looks to me like yellow, blue, yellow, and white field; and I don't see that in the listing you provided, or the ones I have been searching through ( I'm guessing on Distinguished Service medal ). And the inverted wings badge above I can't find anywhere.
                          Looks like Seldini just doubled the two top pics of her/his list. The second ribbon (yellow-blue-yellow with white field) IS the Air Force Distinguished Service ribbon as she/he stated - just the wrong pic!

Try here, top row:
                          http://www.af.mil/news/airman/0104/af_awards_decorb.jpg

Still can't find that other tunic device. I'm starting to think it's a joint service badge of some sort, but I'm not sure. Maybe my husband will recognize it when he gets home later tonight.

Comment

Well, I know he got the cheeky b*stard award.

He probably got the rest for saving the world so many times. lol
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Thanks for the help all. I thought for sure someone here would already know.

I'll post the question over in my own forum and see if anyone there is industrious enough to figure it out. There aren't as many Stargate fans there though.

Comment

Working...
                              X