This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Before I Sleep" - episode #15

Episode 15 (production order) for "Stargate Atlantis" is 'Before I Sleep' and has a character named Janus.

Look for GateWorld to have more information about this new episode as it becomes available.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

While we (obviously) don't know much about this episode yet (other than the fact that it has a character named Janus, heh ), the episode title sounds interesting... I wonder what it could refer to.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

The Wraith I bet!

Comment

Must be the children that can't sleep after hearing about Jason and Freddy =)

Damn you Sheppard!

Comment

Or someone is fatally wounded and takes an entire ep to succumb to the sleep of death.

Comment

"help me i'm dying... well i'm sure i'll die soon..... probably within the next 42 minutes."

Comment

It would be a retrospective, looking back on the character's life, interspersed with "realtime" actiony bits as the Atlantis team goes about in a mad dash effort to try and save whoever.

Like that ep of Homicide with the guy chopped in half by the subway car, but pinned so tightly it acted as a tourniquet...

Comment

Love that idea ShadowMaat. Would require alot of guest stars though. If we're going through his whole life. His parents, high school girlfriend, college...

Comment

Well, if we ignore Janus... maybe it's McKay who's dying. Mr. Melodrama, himself. Go through his whole life, blah blah blah, and get to the end where the world fades out... and then he wakes up in the infirmary going "WTF? If this is Heaven, I want my money back!" And Beckett tells him "Things weren't as bad as you'd thought." And McKay would say, "Yeah. If I'm still here, they're worse!"

Comment

Or... it could be something completely different. *sigh* The REAL spoilers are up, now. Sounds a little hokey, but now I gotta wonder...
                    Spoiler:
                    If Weir falls for an arrogant sarcastic type in the future-past, does that mean Wodney stands a chance with her?? Urg. And urg again...

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                      Episode 15 (production order) for "Stargate Atlantis" is 'Before I Sleep' and has a character named Janus.
                      Humm... I wonder how they'll get around the whole temporal cascade failure stuff....
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

While I'm not very big on timetravel stories, as I've always had trouble straightening out the obvious problems with any type of tampering with the timeline. Also there's the problem of the fact that now in the end of the series Dr. Weir should go back in time - which probably won't happen, but if she doesn't then she couldn't have been in our timeline for this episode and ... you get where I'm going

But besides that point, the description sounds like a potentially very interesting political storyline and also provides some potential for maybe finding a ZPM or some way to recharge one. Also I was encouraged by the writer, since I've always thought of "Demons" as a very good SG-1 episode. I know many disagree, but I thought it had the ingredients for a good episode: Typical exploring and getting in trouble, some development on the overall story and taking on the risky business of incorporating the religion of many of the viewers into the show in a way that does critisize a bit. I'm hoping the writer will bring some of those qualities (basic principles of the series, development of the overall storyline and bringing some difficult isues to the table) back into this story.

Comment

I vomit upon the idea of "political storylines."

It's hard to get an idea of where this story is going at this stage. Hope it all pans out. I don't hate the idea, but I do harbor some deep suspicions.

Comment

Just read the spoilers. Couldn't stand one of the first things I read.

Spoiler:
                            "Dr. Weir pilots a 'timeship'..."

*cough* VOYAGER *cough*....

Spoiler:
                            Although I think it would be VERY cool to see the Ancients at Atlantis when it was at its prime, defending against the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud Buster
                              Just read the spoilers. Couldn't stand one of the first things I read.

Spoiler:
                              "Dr. Weir pilots a 'timeship'..."

*cough* VOYAGER *cough*....

Spoiler:
                              Although I think it would be VERY cool to see the Ancients at Atlantis when it was at its prime, defending against the Wraith.
                              I was thinking the same thing!

*Goes on a crying fit*

And what about the Groundhog Day episode of SG-1 where the Anients couldn't get the thing to work right? Screw it, we will make a show as crappie as Voyager...

*Another crying fit.*
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                              X