Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Scrunchification of Teyla's Hair MUST STOP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scrunchification of Teyla's Hair MUST STOP!

The woman should have long and flowing hair -.......it's just much sexier. These vile inventions called scrunchies are just WRONG all WRONG.

what about the hair clip like in Irresistable?
    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
      what about the hair clip like in Irresistable?

nope, long and flowing

Comment

Yeah, because long flowing hair isn't dangerous in a fight and that's why almost every military and police force in the world requires hair held back so their officers aren't killed by the grip of their own hair.

Hmmhmm

I for one was wanting them to tie her hair back when she was eating her own hair in a wind storm in season one.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          Yeah, because long flowing hair isn't dangerous in a fight and that's why almost every military and police force in the world requires hair held back so their officers aren't killed by the grip of their own hair.

Hmmhmm

I for one was wanting them to tie her hair back when she was eating her own hair in a wind storm in season one.

Teyla should be a sex symbol first, a warrior second

Comment

Originally posted by principia
            Okayyyyyyyy.

I like the hair scrunchies, it was getting on my nerves seeing her hair free. I mean all someone had to do was pull on her hair to beat her. lol.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Right. You have fun with that thought.

Meanwhile, the women in the audience who have some experience with physical activity and long hair, including myself, will probably mostly agree that pulling her hair back while doing stuff like fighting people is not only more practical, but safer. Do you have any idea how much it hurts to get hair in your eyes?

Long hair is beautiful and Teyla should feel free to wear it however she likes in her free time. While doing a job like hers that involves running and fighting? Her hair ought to be pulled back even more than it is. But I'll be happy with the baby steps we've gotten on this issue.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

All girls who can't live without scrunchies raise your hand!
                *raises*

I mean, I hate hair. I should follow teal'c example and shave it off! but until then, as soon as I wake up, the hair's got to go up. as soon as I get out of the shower, tie up that hair while it's still wet! Hair is annoying! It gets everywhere! I keep mine long because short it'll start getting into my eyes or something, I keep my hair long just so I can scruchify it!! (come on, I can be the only girl who feels this way?!?)

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
                  *raises*

(come on, I can be the only girl who feels this way?!?)
                  You aren't. I can't imagin any physical activity without my hair restrained somehow (and mine goes halfway down my back). I used to be a competative marksman and just the idea of being on a rifle range hand having to break position because hair fell in my face...

Comment

I see you are really interested in character development.

Teyla used to have long hair and it was rather silly to see her try to fight with all of it flying in her face. Much better the way it is now.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Since when is scrunchification a verb?
                      And i couldnt imagine fighting with my hair out...i cant run, play hockey with even a little bit of hair falling in my eyes!
                      -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

I think she looks fine in season 3 and in season 2. Early season one though, that's the only time I thought her hair could use a scrunchie, just too long.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
                          *raises*
                          *raises hand*

I mean, I hate hair. I should follow teal'c example and shave it off! but until then, as soon as I wake up, the hair's got to go up. as soon as I get out of the shower, tie up that hair while it's still wet! Hair is annoying! It gets everywhere! I keep mine long because short it'll start getting into my eyes or something, I keep my hair long just so I can scruchify it!! (come on, I can be the only girl who feels this way?!?)
                          It's quite possible that we were separated at birth, my friend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                            Okayyyyyyyy.

I like the hair scrunchies, it was getting on my nerves seeing her hair free. I mean all someone had to do was pull on her hair to beat her. lol.

hahaahhaha. Very true. I like her hair this season and last season. =] But your right..While shes on the job she should keep it back. =]

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

well, it's science fiction .........anyway all the wraith have long hair and so does Ronin so you can't complain long hair interferes with fighting

Comment

Working...
                              X