Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Originally posted by 2BAM
    i think the original hot weir was better, a better looker and a better actress.
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

I did not have the chance to see the original Weir but we have this one now. I think it is always best to be positive and embrace change. An open mind is always the way to go. We have to remember that this is a completely different program except for the obvious simular qualities and it should be viewed as such. You will enjoy yourself much more with this attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
        The original Dr. Weir was a lot older, like in her 40s. SHe was the doctor from the old Earth 2 series from back in the 90s. She was cuter back then cuz she was a lot younger, not old. heh

Comment

Well......................that stated, Weir rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
            The original Dr. Weir was a lot older, like in her 40s. SHe was the doctor from the old Earth 2 series from back in the 90s. She was cuter back then cuz she was a lot younger, not old. heh
            lol interesting perspective, but still comparitively, i think she was better in terms of looks and acting.

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
              I never had a thing for blondes, actually.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                I never had a thing for blondes, actually.
                well i'm not saying she's anything to write home about, i'm just saying i think she's comparitively better looking.

Comment

Who, the original? By the way, Weir rocks. An intelligent, and empathetic character. It's great to see someone at the helm that is not your everyday leader. Why be the same as every other series on TV? This is a great concept for a leader, and I think this...........Tori is doing a fantastic job at portraying her.
                  Last edited by 2BAM; 25 August 2004, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Jessica Steen is 38... while some would consider that old, she is 4 months younger than Amanda Tapping. That age is just fine to me
                    O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                    Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                      Who, the original? By the way, Weir rocks. An intelligent, and empathetic character. It's great to see someone at the helm that is not your everyday leader. Why be the same as every other series on TV? This is a great concept for a leader, and I think this...........Tori is doing a fantastic job at portraying her.
                      i think you should watch lost city parts 1 and 2 before you make up your mind.

and ramne, thanks for that fyi

Comment

Since there're already 2 billion threads about this I'll just write the standard comment.

1. Jessica Steen was far superior as Weir. Looks better(not that is matters), sounds better and acts better.

2. Weir is probably the least interesting characters for me, atleast for the moment. She seems to be more hardcore military then Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          Since there're already 2 billion threads about this I'll just write the standard comment.

1. Jessica Steen was far superior as Weir. Looks better(not that is matters), sounds better and acts better.

2. Weir is probably the least interesting characters for me, atleast for the moment. She seems to be more hardcore military then Sheppard.
                          ditto. ^^
                          i wonder what things would've been like with stein or steen or however you spell it.

Comment

Hey, it's one of the very few Weir appreciation threads so I must post here. I'm one of the few who like the "new" Weir better than the "old" Weir. Jessica Steen annoyed me for some reason, I don't know why. Now even though Weir isn't my favorite character in the show, I don't think she's the worst.
                            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I'm just wincing that this is back again, after the mods had to lock ALL the other threads and create their own.... nothing good can come of this...

1) TPTB decided to recast, as the character and show is their creation and they knew what they wanted from it, I trust that they had a reason for deciding to go with someone other than JS. It seems a shame that people have taken to attacking TH before she even appeared on screen, and have persisted in what it seems like personal attacks on her acting ability, her appearance, and any number of other levels.

There is no debating or discussing at that point, because it simply comes down to a matter of preference, and in this case, the only people who's preference matters is TPTB.

2) I have talked my head off trying to defend the character from any number of people who dislike the character. It seems to me that it comes down, also, to issues that can't be discussed or debated. It seems that there are those in the fandom who are intent on hating the character and bashing her at every attempt. Which is a shame, because SG fandom is generally respectful of parts of the show that we dont' care for but others like. Yet every Weir appreciation thread is immediately piled on by negativity.

I don't jump into threads for characters or elements that i don't like to let the air out of other's balloons. It's just a shame that some take such apparent joy in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X