Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing I don't like about Atlantis...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one thing I don't like about Atlantis...

And forgive me if this has been discussed before. What drew me to SG-1 in the first place was all the mythology involved in it. With the Goa'uld playing ancient gods, and having taken people from Earth at various stages of our development and from different cultures, there was an almost limitless possibility to include ancient myths and legends in the show. I've always loved that stuff, and when I found a Sci-fi show that dealt with all of that, I fell in love with it.

Now on Atlantis, they're in an entirely new galaxy with an entirely new enemy, so we're probably not going to get any of that mythology that we do in SG-1.
    Spoiler:
    Because the Ancients seeded the new galaxy with life, all of it developed individually in it's own way, unlike most of the planets they go to on SG-1 that were "seeded" by the Goa'uld with people from earth.
    I still love the show, and I still plan on watching it, but I'm going to miss that particular aspect of it. Hopefully they'll come up with something to replace it.
    - Naginata (aka Jonthan)

WACKO!!!

On a note I would like to say, People with web tv cannot see the white text spoilers so it is not fair if they want to read for anyone of you to use them.

Just use spoiler space.

What is wrong with spoiler space??????
    My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

You're right, that is probably the biggest aspect of SG-1 that they didn't bring over. Me, I'm not bothered by it. The fact that the vad guys were based on mythological gods on SG-1 never made much difference to me one way or the other.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Faith
        On a note I would like to say, People with web tv cannot see the white text spoilers so it is not fair if they want to read for anyone of you to use them.

Just use spoiler space.

People use web tv? ::stares blankly::
        sigpic

Comment

I know I know, why fuss about something that should not bother me. I don't use web t.v cause I have a p.c.
          My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

Just wonderin
            How do you do the spoiler highlight anyway?

Comment

SPOILERS: S8E17? - Threads
              Spoiler:
              The Goa'uld weren't the only ones moving people off earth. After the plauge had wiped out most of the life in the galaxy they built a machine capable of seeding life in the whole galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Faith

Just use spoiler space.

all three people with web tv-
                "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

There's always the possibility that some mythology could link to the pegasus galaxy, brought back to earth by the ancients

Comment

Leave the mythology for SG-1.

The Atlantis core team doesn´t have any mythology experts anyway so it wouldn´t serve much purpose.

Comment

There is no mythology left to explore.

Atlantis cannot boldly go where SG-1 has not gone before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        People use web tv? ::stares blankly::
                        *Staring blankly beside Mio*

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by CelticPhantom
                          There's always the possibility that some mythology could link to the pegasus galaxy, brought back to earth by the ancients
                          Well, the fact that it's called the Pegasus Galaxy could steer things in the general direction of Greek Mythology.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            Well, the fact that it's called the Pegasus Galaxy could steer things in the general direction of Greek Mythology.
                            If that´s the case then I will really poo poo the writers! The galaxy was named by some guy with a telescope and if they start with the greeks just because of that then they need to get some new blood behind the type writers.

Comment

Absolutely. The mythology aspect gave the writers much room to play with. It also adds extra depth to the story arc. So far on Atlantis, it has been straight forward action. We have met a few local inhabitants, but nothing insightful about the Great War. As the series progressed, I hope we will starting to see those mutli-parts episodes with rich culture and history.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Working...
                              X