Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh man I'm so depressed :( (Silent Hill related)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man I'm so depressed :( (Silent Hill related)

So I know I'm a little late (the movies been out for aaaages now) but I just got round to seeing it. Beforehand I played Silent Hill 2, which I enjoyed a lot, right up until the ending, where
    Spoiler:
    the guy you're playing as kills himself. I know there are multiple endings to the game but after getting something like that, there's no way I'm playing again. I mean, I spent 15ish hours trying to keep this guy alive, that's not the way I'd want it to end.
    But that's the end of that rant.

Now, onto the movie- I loved it. I thought it had a wonderfully creepy atmosphere. I've not played the original game on which it is supposedly based (and I'm definately not gonna now) but I still found it really enjoyable... again, right until the end... I'm not gonna spoil much it in case you havn't seen it, but I'll just say
    Spoiler:
    it again was pretty depressing.

So is it just me who wants a happy ending- I can understand in a movie an ending like that can leave the door open for a sequel, or make it more dramatic by not having a happy ending, but I'd still rather have it end on a high note. But in a game an ending like the one I mentioned is just nasty.

Also should I give up on Silent Hill stuff altogether (games and future movies or whatever), or do 3 and 4 actually have nice endings?

Oh, and feel free to discuss anything Silent Hill related.

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I was originally just gonna talk about the movie, but I got derailed a little)

I honestly think Silent Hill 2 is the best in the franchise, so if you keep playing or not is really up to you... but I'd say you've had the best of the rest.

In my opinion.

Also, I'm can't comment on the film since I havn't got around to it yet, sorry.

Comment

Silent hill was one of the only games to scare me and creep me out, the siren was bad enough in the game but when i watched the movie it brought the fear back and for those who played the game we all know what lunges fourth from the other realm when the siren goes off *shudder*

Yeah the movie was good and i was skeptical about the quality of it before hand, but it did incorporate all the usual bad guys and my personal fear the beings with no heads and arms that lurk in the streets of fog, but Silent hill 2 was the best that was on offer, the movie i though does leave roon for a sequel and i hope they do it, but i hope they don't ruin it by having a half hearted attempt at something half as scary and creepy.

For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

The movie reaaaaaaallly freaked me out. It was the freaky doctors and nurses that did it for me and the weird body type things with the ash and stuff. Not sure I could watch again lol.

Comment

I'd only briefly played the first game so didn't have a clue about the plot in the film. It was a fairly decent film up until the bit with the nurse demons. Everything after that was pretty terrible. Could have done with a lot more of Pyramid Head.

Comment

Ok: havnt seen the movie...or played the games....wanna see the film tho!

ANYWAY: Happy endings? Its horror game right? Its like giving Resident Evil (My chosen games) a happy ending - your not suppose to get happy endings Spose to go away with nightmares *whistles innocently*
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
              Ok: havnt seen the movie...or played the games....wanna see the film tho!

ANYWAY: Happy endings? Its horror game right? Its like giving Resident Evil (My chosen games) a happy ending - your not suppose to get happy endings Spose to go away with nightmares *whistles innocently*
              I prefer Resident Evil. Resident Evil has happy endings. Well, happy the-main-character-survives rather than happy the-main-character-gets-married-and-has-kids. Which is enough for me.

Comment

Resident evil scares me too. Zombies...eek! I do like the movies though

Comment

He He

Nice thing is with Resident Evil tho...is that you know its going to carry on - its not over, original games, you had Umbrella to Deal with. Now in #4 you got the plagas and The Organisation.

I liked umbrella

The games arnt to scary..just, jumpy
                  hehe
                  Blitz

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Silent Hill deffinately has a more nightmarish quality. I was conviced I was gonnahave nightmares after seeing those freaky doctors and nurses lolol!

Comment

I really dont want to see Silent Hill because I never played the game and it just looks mental. I like Resident Evil though. The Umbrella Corporation rules!
                      Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Umbrella did rule, should have a thread JUST for Umbrella. I hope it does come back into play in Resi Evil 5.
                        Blitz

Comment

I think Umbrella does come back for RE5. At least, the zombies return.

Now, what I want is a game that's so f'in scary, that it takes place both during the day and at night, and the monsters scare the f outta you, even during the day! Now that would mean some scary shizzle. I mean, I'm sick of all these games that take half their scaryness from the fact it's nightime. I want something to make me drop a load 'cause the sun's shining and my character just got mutilated right in front of me, no warning.

Anyway, I've never played Silent Hill or watched it, but I'm hoping my friend had Silent Hill 2, now that everyone has spoken so highly of it. It's a PS game, right? I know that SH3 was a PS2 game, but I'm pretty sure SH2 came out for the PS, right?
                          "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

I had a look for SH when I went into Game today - didnt see....didnt see RE:Code Veronica tho Shame

Be nice if Umbrella/Spencer came back into RE5 - Seeing the zombie/things run in the trailer....seeing them run at me in the game is gonna fricking scare me...already know it Rock on machine gun
                            Blitz

Comment

Working...
                            X