This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the tower

i've been wondering about this for some time and wonder why two identical designs? the tower looks exactly like atlantis but it cant be an outpost its too large... it has everything atlantis does, jumpers,drones,identical gate rooms but with one major diffrence instead of having a gate it has a drone chair and i wonder....why? why need two almost identical city ships why have a chair instead of a gate we have never seen the drone chair in atlantis do like the one in the tower so maybe this is a new kind of chair that requires so much power you cant have a gate as it would overlode the zpms hmmm care to speculate on this?

(omg this is the logest post i've ever written lol)
    sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Its easier to mass produce probably. I mean they probably built a few hundred of these things if not more.
    Christopher H.
    Stargate Atlantis Fan
    WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Spoiler:
      The gate room in Progeny was also identical until they turned round and saw all the added extras. Seems just like their standard design (or the same set being reused )
      sigpic
      by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by buzlighty1
        Its easier to mass produce probably. I mean they probably built a few hundred of these things if not more.
        The cityships are too large to mass produce. You'd need a facility several times larger than a cityship to mass produce them. And still, there would not be enough raw materials at hand to do that.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

My Guess is that it was built during the war with the Wraith. The Chair was probaly used much more for fighting the Wraith. This also could explain why there was no gate. When you add a gate to the network, you must also add new coordinates. This wouldnt be to hard for them, but they were probaly going from panet to planet defending Humans from the Wraith.

Also, this could have been a City-Ship built for adding Stargates to the network...Defeating the need for a built in Stargate because of the fact that it keeps moving from planet to planet.

Just guesses though.
          Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
          http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

I would agree that it would have probably been easier for the Ancients to build basically the same city over and over.

Plus, realistically, it is makes much more sense to just use the same set. Saving money wins over logical decisions everyday.
            Weir: He's just a boy!
            Jinto: I am Jinto.
            Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

i think it the chair was the standard design for lantian cities,the only reason why atlantis had a stargate there and the chair elsewhere was because it was their "crowning ancievement" and therefor designed the gate to interface with the 2 stargate networks so in their eyes the stargate was more important than the chair,asuras was a recreation of atlantis so thats why the gate is in the same place,as for the city in "the tower" probably of lesser design(used for simple exploration and to deploy the stargate network and such) and so the chair was more important to those city/possible others of that design

Comment

Originally posted by theonebluegecko
                Plus, realistically, it is makes much more sense to just use the same set. Saving money wins over logical decisions everyday.
                yeah every1 loves money!

Comment

Working...
                X