This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need a new defence for the city of atlantis

one way i'm thinking of if we ues the phase device from tollan an ues it instead of the cloak or shields. then they fire at us an they wont get anywhere, it's just an thought or we could ues the tollan weapons if we cold build them.

Well IF we could backward enginner drones we'd be using those in Atlantis and our ships but we cant. nor can we build tollan Ion cannons

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by republicen_guard
      one way i'm thinking of if we ues the phase device from tollan an ues it instead of the cloak or shields. then they fire at us an they wont get anywhere, it's just an thought or we could ues the tollan weapons if we cold build them.
      YOu know what would be the greatest defense of the city of atlantis? Anti-run-on sentence shields and weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by republicen_guard
        Key phrase there: if we could build them! We can't, so there's your problem...
        *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

They could take the Ori satellite weapon, reverse engineer it and build a couple of them around Atlantis. It can't be that hard to reverse engineer since the civilization that built it had like 70's technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
            They could take the Ori satellite weapon, reverse engineer it and build a couple of them around Atlantis. It can't be that hard to reverse engineer since the civilization that built it had like 70's technology.
            I doubt a satellite build by a WWII era civilization ( even if its ori designed )
            would cause much trouble for the asurans( who are basicaly evil ancients )

moving the city around could keep them guessing for a wile however

Comment

two problems there.
              1) we cant just 'go get' the satalite, they'd blow us out of the sky before we could and we cant afford to lose another ship.
              2) We cant keep moving the city around.It takes three ZPM's to do that and even if we had them we wouldnt move because they would want to deplete the ZPM's so quickly.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar.
                two problems there.
                1) we cant just 'go get' the satalite, they'd blow us out of the sky before we could and we cant afford to lose another ship.
                2) We cant keep moving the city around.It takes three ZPM's to do that and even if we had them we wouldnt move because they would want to deplete the ZPM's so quickly.
                The weapon was controlled from that command center on the surface. The entire population of that planet was presumably wiped out after SG-1 left when the side without the satellite attacked the bad guys with nukes.
                The Odyssey or Daedalus could drop out of hyperspace, see if the satellite is still there, and then if it even moves they can jump back to hyperspace before it can get a shot off.
                If the command center was destroyed then the satellite will do nothing and we can take it to a safe planet (just incase its booby trapped) and examine it all we like.

Comment

the problem with the phase shifting device is that the wall became out of phase, not the wearer, but if we got a larger version of merlins device that would be great. just have to makesure the energy requirements are met.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Ok, the asgard were able to take a replicater destroyer gun and turn it into a gun that hit an entire planet.

Couldnt they do that with other things? like....

Sodan Cloak
                    any ancient technolegy
                    ZAT (lol imagine a planet sized ZAT gun....goodnight hannah!)

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

I'm telling you all, the city has phasers - they're there we just can't power them yet .

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1
                        The weapon was controlled from that command center on the surface. The entire population of that planet was presumably wiped out after SG-1 left when the side without the satellite attacked the bad guys with nukes.
                        The Odyssey or Daedalus could drop out of hyperspace, see if the satellite is still there, and then if it even moves they can jump back to hyperspace before it can get a shot off.
                        If the command center was destroyed then the satellite will do nothing and we can take it to a safe planet (just incase its booby trapped) and examine it all we like.
                        Only the side without the satellite was destroyed.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

im sure there must be some fixed location energy weapon on atlantis, i mean there has to right?
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                            Only the side without the satellite was destroyed.
                            actualy Rand had the stargate and they couldent dial it so rand probely got destrpyed as well

recovering this weapon could be very useful for us as they have the same shielding and weapons tech as the ori ship, it may be more downgraded but has to work on the same princples so we may be able to design weapons and sjields to counter them

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                              im sure there must be some fixed location energy weapon on atlantis, i mean there has to right?
                              I'd have to say so, relying on drones as effective as they are would be very shortsited as you would be limited to the number you can manufacture and store.

2 or 3 ZPM's take up very little space and could probably power some stupidly suped up city based version of the ancient beam satelite weapon almost indefintley. I think if they could power a standard design and they were in the city they would have mentioned it.

Mckay alluded to other defensive systems in the Siege part 1 or 2 AFAIK as well, just said that they either hadn't figured them out or couldn't power them.

Comment

Working...
                              X