This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patches removed?

I just noticed in the last episode that the country flags and mission patches on the uniforms are removed before going through the gate. Does anyone know why? Seemed kind of odd.
    My turtles!

I've noticed this. In fact I don't think they have worn their patches on any offworld journey s far. I believe this is probably to safe gaurd their origins. This reason would have made more sense if they wore patches on their trip to Teyla's world, and met the Wraith, then thought "um, better not wear these as the Wraith want to come feed on the Earthlings". Maybe TPTB gave them a heads up

Comment

The Wraith probably have a cooking chart:

Americans: Very tasty
      Canadians: Very tasty
      Any other flag: Let 'em live.
      "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Maybe they should all wear the same uniform for that same reason:

Tech's = easy
        Military = harder

Comment

hehe, I actually think it's more about the fact that they are bright colors and they are looking to be more subdued...

But than again, why do the SG-teams where patches off world if the Atlantis people don't...

Comment

Originally posted by danielctull
            I've noticed this. In fact I don't think they have worn their patches on any offworld journey s far. I believe this is probably to safe gaurd their origins. This reason would have made more sense if they wore patches on their trip to Teyla's world, and met the Wraith, then thought "um, better not wear these as the Wraith want to come feed on the Earthlings". Maybe TPTB gave them a heads up
            Yeah, but what would any given country matter to the Wraith??? They don't even know what the flags mean. To them we're just food.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
              Yeah, but what would any given country matter to the Wraith??? They don't even know what the flags mean. To them we're just food.
              Was thinking the other one with "ATLANTIS" on it might give a big clue as to where we are!

They've heard of the Ancients, obviously. Thay've heard of the city and probably know its name. At one point they thought they knew it's location, before they got to that location to find nothing was there as the Ancients had already sunk Atlantis and fled.

Actually looking back, the hologram would be what warned them about the Wraith and Weir probably had the idea that the Atlantis patch was a bad idea after seeing that.

Comment

Maybe it's just tradition. Whenever spec ops forces go into enemy territory, they leave behind any identifying tags or marks. I guess some habbits die hard.

Comment

Working...
                X