Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Opening Cerimonies - Do You Care?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Opening Cerimonies - Do You Care?

anyone here watching the opening cerimonies? my dad's flipping between the oepning cerimonies and MSNBC.

i honestly don't care about the countries getting introduced.

and i quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "Get on with it!"

4 hours of opening cerimonies coverage on CBC? ouch.

... what's with those woman carrying around those country signs? it looks like they're wearing wooden dresses. is that a greek thing or... what?

oh there's Canada... yay...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

It doens't air in the states until 8PM EST...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      It doens't air in the states until 8PM EST...
      ah....

.... they're airing it from 12-4, and then again at 7....

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I don't care about the openings. But when the real drenn starts i'll be glued to the TV. 8am tomorrow morning for the basketball.

Comment

http://nbcolympics.zap2it.com/tv/gri...=-5_1&genre=-1

In the united states, they are tape delayed. We don't get the Opening ceremonies until 8PM tonight.

And I was glued to Iraq/Portugal soccur prelims yesterday, which was a really good game. Fast rough play, like good international soccur should be. Though Portugal wasn't on their game....

Comment

Did it end 3-2 for Irak? Didn't see the last 10min.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              Did it end 3-2 for Irak? Didn't see the last 10min.
              4-2 Iraq, they scored another goal in stopage time.

Comment

Even better

What about Ghana Italy? 2-2?

Comment

Yes, Ghana/Italy was a 2-2 tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    http://nbcolympics.zap2it.com/tv/gri...=-5_1&genre=-1

And I was glued to Iraq/Portugal soccur prelims yesterday, which was a really good game. Fast rough play, like good international soccur should be. Though Portugal wasn't on their game....
                    Oh, please tell me who won. Hope it was Portugal as it is my country.

Comment

Never mind , just read the rest of the tread

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                        Oh, please tell me who won. Hope it was Portugal as it is my country.
                        Points up thred ...

I'm afraid that Portugal looked confused most of the game, they never got their organization togeather and Iraq was dominating the midfield with speed. Looked to me like they hadn't taken Iraq very seriously.

Somewhere about half way through the game Portugal got a red card (which I admittedly don't think they deserved), but they were playing rough with the Iraqi's once they figured out they were in trouble. But than again, looked to me like there was also a lot of diving going on ...

One of the two Portugese goals was an own goal by Iraq too. I think by about fifteen minutes in Iraq could taste victory and the Portugese team just never figured out what hit them.

It was honestly a lot like watching the US/Portugal match in the first round of the last World Cup. Very much like they went in expecting an easy game and didn't know what to do when it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                          anyone here watching the opening cerimonies? my dad's flipping between the oepning cerimonies and MSNBC.

i honestly don't care about the countries getting introduced.

and i quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "Get on with it!"

4 hours of opening cerimonies coverage on CBC? ouch.

... what's with those woman carrying around those country signs? it looks like they're wearing wooden dresses. is that a greek thing or... what?

oh there's Canada... yay...
                          I'm half watching now that the speaches are on , but I was looking for my country to be introduced. Almost had a hart atack when just before it was due they started showing images of the Uk attletes enjoying themselves at the ceremony. Thank goodness they changed over to the parade just in time.

Comment

Phft. It's the olympics. Big Freakin' Deal.

I've already blocked them from the TiVo for tonight, so that my family doesn't try to Usurp the big screen projector.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm watching the opening cerimonies tonight and taping Stargate and Atlantis (which I tape anyway to watch over and over during the week).

Comment

Working...
                              X