This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago Tribune: "200" episode review, interview & spoilers

Tomorrow, the Chicago Tribune's TV Critic Maureen Ryan will be posting a special item on the Stargate SG-1 episode "200."

Please visit http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ertainment_tv/

in the late afternoon (approximate) for this article, special interview, and some very neat stuff posted nowhere else on the web!

There will probably be a more direct link, but I won't receive that until tomorrow. Meanwhile, keep an eye out!

PLEASE NOTE: THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS!
    Last edited by prion; 16 August 2006, 12:01 PM.

SG1 - Chicago Tribune: 200 laughs in a memorable 'Stargate SG-1' episode :

From the Chicago Tribune:

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ertainment_tv/

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

THE WATCHER

MAUREEN RYAN

August 16, 2006

200 laughs in a memorable 'Stargate SG-1' episode

NOTE: Please check back here at midnight Thursday for exclusive photos of the "Stargate SG-1" "200" episode, in which the cast pays tribute to "The Wizard of Oz," "Farscape" and are depicted as puppets.

What does a show do when it hits its 200th episode? If it’s “Stargate SG-1,” it makes fun of itself. A lot.

The “Stargate SG-1” episode titled “200,” which airs 8 p.m. Friday on Sci Fi, is one of the funniest TV outings of the summer, at least for this fan of the show. I can honestly say the episode, which is full of in-jokes and light-hearted fantasy sequences, made me laugh until I cried.

But you don’t need to be a longtime fan of the long-running program to enjoy its jibes at sci-fi clichés (beaming technology that works under highly suspect circumstances) or expedient writing (when in doubt, throw in some zombies). As one character says of the script for a proposed “Stargate SG-1”-inspired movie, “All these writers, and they couldn’t come up with something better?”

**major snippage

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Tomorrow, the Chicago Tribune's TV Critic Maureen Ryan will be posting a special item on the Stargate SG-1 episode "200."

Please visit http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ertainment_tv/

in the late afternoon (approximate) for this article, special interview, and some very neat stuff posted nowhere else on the web!

There will probably be a more direct link, but I won't receive that until tomorrow. Meanwhile, keep an eye out!
      IT'S UP!!! Thanks to a friend for the tip yesterday

PLEASE NOTE: THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS!
      Last edited by prion; 16 August 2006, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Now that we have SPOILERS in the title, we can discuss the article!

Don't forget at bottom to click on

Continue reading "200 laughs in a memorable 'Stargate SG-1' episode"

to read RCC's Q&A!

Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi also weighed in on his favorite moment of “200”:

“The `Farscape’ scene.I was blown away by how much it looked like a clip from the original series. Trivia tidbit: Originally, Ben [Browder] was scripted to play the part of Crichton and Michael [Shanks] the part of Stark but, at the actors’ request, the roles were switched the day before we shot the sequence.”

Oh,I think Ben can do Stark soooo well!

Comment

I laughed just reading Maureen's descriptions. This should be interesting.

Comment

Good article. Can't wait to see this epsiode.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
              I laughed just reading Maureen's descriptions. This should be interesting.
              Definitely

Comment

OMG I am sooo happy!!!!!!

*runs out to the store and get a DVR player so I can watch it over and over*

Comment

Those pics from the episode are so awesome. I am just so excited about this one. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I'm sure I will. Only one more day to wait.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks for the link and i have to say with all the pics i've seen of this episode i've laughed my head off or as with the Sam and Jack ones i've just gone awww that's so sweet
                    I can't wait to see this one but as i'm in the UK i've got a few more months to go yet
                    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi also weighed in on his favorite moment of “200”:

“The `Farscape’ scene.I was blown away by how much it looked like a clip from the original series. Trivia tidbit: Originally, Ben [Browder] was scripted to play the part of Crichton and Michael [Shanks] the part of Stark but, at the actors’ request, the roles were switched the day before we shot the sequence.”
                      So it's BB's and MS's idea? Bwahahaha. Odd that no one thought of it before that, but cool nonetheless.
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

The original story at the Chicago Tribune is up at

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ughs_in_a.html

full of spoilers.

You can also check out the photos, which are spoilerish in content if you avoid all spoilers, at

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....6/08/post.html

Comment

Originally posted by prion:

Originally posted by Pitry:
                          So it's BB's and MS's idea? Bwahahaha. Odd that no one thought of it before that, but cool nonetheless.

it worked for me. It reminded me of the day I read how Claudia Black commented that Michael looked like Ben, from the back of their head - hair perspective. I'm glad the actors thought of having their parts switched, because it reinforced making that particular tidbit *joke* even funnier.

Also glad that TPTB let them actually switch character roles, and do any Farscape set parody. It wasn't until I read some of the commentaries, tho, that I finally realized Thor was supposed to be Rygel, tho...

Comment

"200" was just so great. I enjoyed every moment of it, and could tell they all had a great time making it. It truly did feel like a "love letter" of sorts to all us fans.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X