Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the Jumper gate controls cant they engineer a Gate remote?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the Jumper gate controls cant they engineer a Gate remote?

If they can figure the other Ancient technology shouldnt something very familiar like a tiny DHD be replicatable in tiny format? Something like Thors little Gate remote thingie. It might remove some plot points, but I think it would be cool to see them wave a remote at the gate and it opens! :-)
    "Everything done in weakness fails." ~Nietzsche

Haven't you seen SGA?? There is one. O.o

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
      Haven't you seen SGA?? There is one. O.o
      I ment like a little one they can carry in their pockets!
      "Everything done in weakness fails." ~Nietzsche

Comment

We've never figured out how to 'wave' open a gate. In fact, both times we've seen it done, it was done to create an outgoing wormhole to the last place an incoming wormhole came from.

Coincidence? I think not!
        sigpic

Comment

I thinks thought based, so they should make one thats in a pair of slippers...
          "Theres no place like Atlantis"
          *giggle*
          Last edited by Lostinmyownvoid; 13 August 2004, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            We've never figured out how to 'wave' open a gate. In fact, both times we've seen it done, it was done to create an outgoing wormhole to the last place an incoming wormhole came from.

Nein. That time that Oma did it when she was carrying the Harcesis, we don't know where she went.

Comment

Nein. That time that Oma did it when she was carrying the Harcesis, we don't know where she went.
              But Oma is pure energy she doesn't use technology. She controlled directly (Like turnning on the motors in RC car with out the controller).

Comment

Was that through a technological method? Didn't think so! Doesn't count!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Was that through a technological method? Didn't think so! Doesn't count!
                  I'm going to hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio

I would sincerely doubt that when future-Cassandra did that that she opened a wormhole to the same planet they used to get to the future (see 1969).

Comment

They don't need a gate remote. It's not like pushing a few buttons is hard. If it was in SG-1 where, gliders and jaffa would try to blow your head off while you tried to get to the DHD, that would be practical. In Atlantis they have the DHD in the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Keen
                        I would sincerely doubt that when future-Cassandra did that that she opened a wormhole to the same planet they used to get to the future (see 1969).
                        Why not? I mean, she was using a solar flare as well. It's entirely possible that she used the same planet.
                        sigpic

Comment

It was the same planet... It was Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          We are the ori. You will be assymilated. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                            Why not? I mean, she was using a solar flare as well. It's entirely possible that she used the same planet.
                            Yes, it's possible, but I said it was extremely unlikely. What are the odds that the same planet would happen to be in the general position of being on the other side of the sun when the sun flares again?
                            Originally posted by ToastBusters
                            It was the same planet... It was Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            ...Firstly, they can't just dial Earth from Earth (Solitudes). Secondly, to time travel, they need to dial a planet whose wormhole is going to go near the sun, just as the sun is flaring. End result is that they end up back on Earth, but they need to dial another planet to get a wormhole before that can happen (1969).

Comment

Can't they just take one out of one of the other "Jumpers," backwards engineer it, and make it smaller so that it cold be carried around? I think they could. After all, McKay can do anything...just ask him.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X