This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theories About the City

Something I just thought of last night. Atlantis was a flying city, right? Perhaps that'll come into play in, oh say, season 3 or something.

I'm guessing they need all the ZPMs installed to make it fly, just like they need at least one for the shields. Eventually, McKay is gonna figure out how they were made (after all, the guy's reading the experiment records) and with all the technology left in the city, he'll be able to make ZPMs.

Think this is a possiblity?

~Lucia
    This is OTAKUDOM-
    I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Spoiler:
    Well. It's unlikely that he'll be able to build them himself. I mean, come on, a ZPM is several million years more advanced than him.
    sigpic

Comment

I think it's a definite possibility, although I doubt any of it will be happening anytime soon (even season 3) - although they might get close a few times throughout the seasons.

Comment

If McKay figures out how to make a ZPM you might as well Crown humanity kings of the universe since we will have the ability to create a power source that is beyond any other races ability to create. In fact a single ZPM would probably be enough to wipe out the Wraith and the Goauld and the Replicators and any other race that thinks they can mess with us.

I think they will find 1 or 2 but not 3. Since I think that the series may end when Atlantis gets all 3 and uses them to finally destroy the Wraith. It puzzles me somewhat why the ancients built only small versions of the ZPM. Humans have small generator technology but when we need more power we build BIGGER ones instead of hooking up several small ones. I think that might of been redundancy rather than power consumption. Atlantis most likely can operate completely with only 1 ZPM. Of course having multiple ZPM to add addictional power to the power grid is always a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279
          In fact a single ZPM would probably be enough to wipe out the Wraith and the Goauld and the Replicators and any other race that thinks they can mess with us.
          I doubt that. If the Wraith are in fact the "Ancient Enemy" then why wouldn't the Ancients have used that technology to wipe them out?

Comment

My guess is this:

1 ZPM: Shields and stuff
            2 ZPM: Engines. Both sublight and hyperspace
            3 ZPM: Full production of ships and everything else in the city.

Comment

If they can make it fly at some point, they should fly their asses back to the Tau'ri.

Comment

my guess is when they find a means to create a ZPM
                it will be in the show's end.

and remember the wraith are great at number.
                maybe it will be a little diffcult at first , to defet them.

one more thing i didnt understand is, what is this disease that
                the ancients died from?

Comment

Originally posted by Posherella
                  I doubt that. If the Wraith are in fact the "Ancient Enemy" then why wouldn't the Ancients have used that technology to wipe them out?
                  Ever heard of something called Tactics... Atlantis for the most part was a single flying city with Civilians onboard. Not a fortress or battleship. As far as I know it as the "Great Shield" and a weapons array on one arm of the city... See production notes/art work, I can't find the article with it in, but the city as a weapons array on one arm of the city it looks like a deflector dish from Star Trek. I'll try to link a image of it in a bit.

What I mean to say is the ancients can have the best weapons in the universe, but if the Wraith have numbers and a good set of tactics I doubt the ancients stood a chance. Humanity has war'ed for centuries and we have become very very very good at fighting. We always think outside the box when it comes to fighting, the Goauld and the Asgard both prove they are not so good, their weapons may have the power but aren't necessary utilized in the same fashion as Humans use their weapons. No Goauld would think of using a missile type remote guided weapon since they think direct energy is the best way. Granted recent demonstrations of Earth missile technology hasn't exactly been very successful against captial ships, but against fighters and troops its top notch. A F302 is vastly superior to a death glider in one on one combat. Since the F302 doesn't need to be pointing at the target to shoot it down and the Death Glider does have counter measures to couter the missiles. Problems only arises when the F302 run out of missiles . Point is if the Wraith attacked the human colonies and not Atlantis, then they essential cut out a huge amount of what the Ancients can do to stop them. So far we have only seen personal force field tech that was in early development and a few pod ships. I doubt that and a few Ancients with hand held energy weapons would of been enough to stop the Wraith from conquering the Galaxy. The only time the Atlantis would of had the tactic advantage would of been when the Wraith openly assaulted Atlantis from orbit or in the planets atmosphere. Atlantis then would of been able to deal a great UBER amount of damage to the attacking fleet. The "Great Shield" was said to have with held numerous Wraith attacks for years. And I guess the Wraith must of conquered the galaxy first and then lay siege to Atlantis. Which means the Ancients would of been stuck in a defensive position for years, and underable to do anything like counter-attack by anything but the Stargate. I figure the power wasn't strong enough to power the shields to full anti-wraith power and fly the city out of danger and away from Pegasus, so the Ancients abandoned the city instead.

All of which make for a good series since now we get to see how humans would do things. Like taking the fight to the Wraith rather than siting back and letting them come and lay siege to you.

After all the best defence is offence.

Comment

Another thing to consider is the fact that the power from a single Half-Filled/Charged ZPM if discharged all at once could destroy a solar system... Err don't know about you but that say don't mess with us to me. LOL So yeah I figure if used right a ZPM could kill the Wraith off easy...

Unless they like the Ancients, they have something similar to a ZPM powering their shields. NOW thats a scary thought!

Comment

And the best offense is the best defense....which is the best offense....which is the... best... defense... which... is.... :: ah my program is stuck in an infinite loop! Where's my break key?!::
                      Last edited by VirtualCLD; 13 August 2004, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Another thing to consider is the fact that the power from a single Half-Filled/Charged ZPM if discharged all at once could destroy a solar system... Err don't know about you but that say don't mess with us to me. LOL So yeah I figure if used right a ZPM could kill the Wraith off easy...

Unless they like the Ancients, they have something similar to a ZPM powering their shields. NOW thats a scary thought!
                        As far as we know, they don't have shields.

Comment

I would figure the ancients left the city in Pegasus to avoid the Wraith from following to our galaxy.
                          But I'd still ike to see what exactly is so powerful about the Wraith weapons. So far we have seen their dart thingies which weren't too impressive, and their staff weapons which seem to be only to stun victims in order to feed. I guess we'll find out by the season finale what the Wraith are actually capable of.

Comment

So yeah I figure if used right a ZPM could kill the Wraith off easy...
                            If the Ancients couldn't kill off the Wraith that easily, I still don't see how a few humans could. I guess we could go back to the thinking that we're so much simpler than the Ancients, we thought of something they weren't capable of... but still.. It seems to me it'll take more than a couple ZPMs to get rid of the Wraith.

Comment

The Ancients and Tollan were a lot a like. Both of them relied heavily on their technology, which lead to both of them to their downfall. As modern day humans, we use all available means to accomplish our goals. You've seen how resourceful SG-1 is.

Comment

Working...
                              X