Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith homeworld? wraith die now with couple of shots?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith homeworld? wraith die now with couple of shots?

We have had a office discussion about what has changed in Atlantis and what is missing or unexplained. I was asked to find out. Can someone help?

1. In the first season the wraith would pop up after taking alot of shots allmost unstoppable. Now a few shots they go down. Did the writers throttle back on the powers of the wraith or did we miss something like upgraded ammo.

2. Wraith homeworld? One has to exist because ships and equipment have to come from some were. if the wraith have no homeworld they need a planet/place were wraith stuff comes from.

I did notice that in "seteda" that the wraith were now a lot easier to kill than before. As far as the homeworld, what about the planet of the Iratus bug? but they have since moved off that world?

btw, I think this belongs in the science and tech thread.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
      I did notice that in "seteda" that the wraith were now a lot easier to kill than before. As far as the homeworld, what about the planet of the Iratus bug? but they have since moved off that world?

btw, I think this belongs in the science and tech thread.

Yeah, we talked about the planet were they found the Iratus bug, but that does not answer were they get ships and weapons from. I know they can be nomads but they at least need a supply station/planet.

Comment

Originally posted by vartech
        Yeah, we talked about the planet were they found the Iratus bug, but that does not answer were they get ships and weapons from. I know they can be nomads but they at least need a supply station/planet.
        what about that planet with the rings in "Rising"? it seemed heavily wraithified.

speaking of which, you know how they send a malp to every planet they go to... every time they send a malp to a orbiting stargate, do they loose that malp? do they have some slave engineering below levels building disposable malps?

Comment

Originally posted by vartech View Post
          We have had a office discussion about what has changed in Atlantis and what is missing or unexplained. I was asked to find out. Can someone help?

1. In the first season the wraith would pop up after taking alot of shots allmost unstoppable. Now a few shots they go down. Did the writers throttle back on the powers of the wraith or did we miss something like upgraded ammo.

2. Wraith homeworld? One has to exist because ships and equipment have to come from some were. if the wraith have no homeworld they need a planet/place were wraith stuff comes from.
          1. The Wraiths strength is coherent how recently and how much they have fed. Since there is a notable lack of sustenance in their galaxy, it is very much likely that the Wraith has become weaker as well, just because they cannot find the food in sustainable amounts to be at top strength. What might be a side effect is that the weapons the Atlantis team uses is of greater force then known before the expedition team arrived and after the Lanteans have left to earth. The greater the force a bullet or weapons strikes you, the more energy it requires to recover from such an injury. All with all...Do the Math....

2. There must be a common place of origin from which the Iratus bug (and probably the Wraith) came from. You must consider the conditions in which such a lifeform exists and it is capable of knowing how to survive. How adaptable is such a lifeform to such conditions? It is another possibility that the earlier ancients have transported Iratus bugs to other parts of the galaxy. ( bug crawls in puddlejumper, puddlejumper goes through the stargate to another world which is populated with humans. ) And so the Wraithprimates spread out during their evolution. I think there can be many facets which may conclude the evolutionary outcome. A lot of things are not coherent to only one factor.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
            what about that planet with the rings in "Rising"? it seemed heavily wraithified.

speaking of which, you know how they send a malp to every planet they go to... every time they send a malp to a orbiting stargate, do they loose that malp? do they have some slave engineering below levels building disposable malps?
            There's been an episode or two where the Atlantis team has been scouting for alpha sites and the malp floated out of an orbiting stargate and turned and they saw that it was in orbit and said 'well...there goes another malp'
            Come to think of it...what was that episode?
            "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
            "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
            Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

^ I believe it was 'Rising'.

Xepherah is right about the strength thing. Good explanation.

About the wraith homeworld thing from the spoilers JM has released and the concept art he's shown it looks like we might see some sort of wraith facility in s4. You guys are right that there would have to be some form of wraith homeworld/s. They have to build their ships somewhere.
              sigpic
              By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                ^ I believe it was 'Rising'.

Xepherah is right about the strength thing. Good explanation.

About the wraith homeworld thing from the spoilers JM has released and the concept art he's shown it looks like we might see some sort of wraith facility in s4. You guys are right that there would have to be some form of wraith homeworld/s. They have to build their ships somewhere.
                They might be like the goa'uld dudes, like where they have a leader and that leader owns a group of planets rather than one central one...season 3 mentioned several times that they were in the middle of a civil war...ther'd have to be opposing sides like more than just ship to ship...or maybe it may be in part a war over their homeworld
                "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Working...
                X