Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Seasons:Favorite/Most Memorable AT Acting Scenes (choose all episodes that apply)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Seasons:Favorite/Most Memorable AT Acting Scenes (choose all episodes that apply)

The Best Of The Best
    What episodes feature the scenes
    where you feel that
    Amanda Tapping's
    wonderful acting talents
    get to shine?

(without reference or consideration
    for hair or clothing styles...
    or ship or such... )

The episode choices in this poll are from the top poll results from the polls from each season (1-9).

As before, please note that you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
    but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

You can vote in the poll, and then post your comments in this thread.
    Comments and discussion may also overlap into the Sam's A Great Character Thread.

Pics that capture your favorite AT acting scene are greatly appreciated too!
    (A picture is worth a thousand words...)

The Poll

-------

Over the years, we've discussed which episodes (and scenes) were the best, or most important, for the Stargate characters. We've run 'Best Episode' Polls for each season and such.

However, when trying to decide which episode was the best of a season for a certain character, such as Sam, one of the issues that fans have wrestled with is... whether to pick the episode which features the most/best AT on screen, or the episode which features the best Sam Carter scenes. Examples include Entity (which had some wonderful AT acting scenes, but she wasn't playing Sam Carter, as much as she was playing/acting an alien entity). Another example would be an episode with lots of RepliCarter, or Geek!Sam, where again, these are wonderful AT acting scenes, a wonderful look at AT acting out-of-the-regular-confines of the character of 'our' Sam Carter.

So, we've already done the 'Best Sam Carter' Episodes of each season (polls were done last year on the GW forum, and informal polls were also conducted again recently on the Sam's A Great Character Thread), and many have recommended that we should do some 'Best AT Acting Polls'... so here we go

The Poll

---------
    Season 9 Poll
    Results of Season 8 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 7 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 6 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 5 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 4 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 3 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 2 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 1 Poll + posted comments
    Singularity (S1)
    4.73%
    Solitudes (S1)
    3.89%
    In The Line of Duty (S2)
    4.56%
    The Tok'ra (S2)
    1.52%
    A Matter of Time (S2)
    1.18%
    Joliinar's Memories (S3)
    2.87%
    The Devil You Know (S3)
    1.69%
    Foothold (S3)
    3.38%
    Entity (S4)
    4.73%
    2010 (S4)
    3.72%
    Divide and Conquer (S4)
    2.70%
    Upgrades (S4)
    1.52%
    Ascension (S5)
    2.20%
    2001 (S5)
    1.86%
    Meridian (S5)
    2.53%
    Desperate Measures (S5)
    2.70%
    48 Hours (S5)
    1.86%
    Revelations (S5)
    1.35%
    Nightwalkers (S6)
    3.21%
    Paradise Lost (S6)
    2.20%
    Metamorphosis (S6)
    2.53%
    Redemption (S6)
    1.35%
    Unnatural Selection (S6)
    1.69%
    Grace (S7)
    6.25%
    Heroes (S7)
    4.22%
    Death Knell (S7)
    4.73%
    Lost City (S7)
    2.87%
    Moebius (S8)
    4.56%
    Threads (S8)
    4.22%
    Gemini (S8)
    3.72%
    New Order (S8)
    2.20%
    Reckoning (S8)
    2.53%
    Ripple Effect (S9)
    2.53%
    The Scourge (S9)
    2.20%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by astrogeologist; 14 August 2006, 06:55 PM.

Divide and Conquer, In the Line of Duty, and Threads are my favorites.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Singularity - In The Line Of Duty - Entity - Unnatural Selection - Grace - Death Knell and Threads

Comment

i voted in the line of duty, jolinar's memories, divide and conquer, and heroes.. but forgot to vote for singularity and meridian ...mods??
        sigpic
        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I voted for:
          Grace
          Threads
          Heroes
          Divide and Conquer
          Lost City

(...and it wasn't easy narrowing them down )

Thanks, astrogeologist, for all the time and effort you put into running this poll---it's been fun!

Comment

Well I wanted to vote for almost every one, but I had to cut it down
            Singularity, In the Line of Duty, Foothold, Entity, 2001,
            Nightwalkers (that one just takes Sam out of her natural element and AT does a wonderful job with it,)
            Metamorphosis, Moebius and Reckoning

Well at least it's not every other one
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Definetly Grace (its just pure Amanda goodness) and Threads where she has to deal with her fathers illness and her relationship with Jack and Pete at the same time! Shes amazing!
              Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Well I wanted to vote for almost every one, but I had to cut it down
                Can I vote for all of them or would that be defeating the purpose of the poll?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Ok..well this was really tough coz I really wanted to select all of those eps but then I just had to keep telling myself that it's the best Amanda Tapping ep not the best ship or whatever...so with that in mind I chose Grace and Moebius...I don't think I could possibly give a good reason as to why these two eps but they are the ones that I just felt Amanda did a superb job in...mind you, she does a superb job in everything she does so...oh heck...can I choose all of them?
                  Great job with the polls Astro...this has been fun!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                    Originally posted by chelle db
                    Ok..well this was really tough coz I really wanted to select all of those eps but then I just had to keep telling myself that it's the best Amanda Tapping ep not the best ship or whatever...so with that in mind I chose Grace and Moebius...I don't think I could possibly give a good reason as to why these two eps but they are the ones that I just felt Amanda did a superb job in...mind you, she does a superb job in everything she does so...oh heck...can I choose all of them?
                    Great job with the polls Astro...this has been fun!!
                    You can most definitely vote for them all!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      You can most definitely vote for them all!
                      Excellent!

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Ok I really wanted to vote for all of them but... well I did have to make a choice otherwise this poll would be unnecesary(sp?).
                        Screencap time bacause pictures say more that words, I voted for:
                        Singularity
                        *this ep just shows the best of Amanda!! She is great in it. She is a soldier and knows that she has to be one but she also cares about this little girl, even knowing that she is just a wapen for the Goa'uld.

In the line of duty
                        * here we get to see Amanda as someone who she is not. she did a wonderfull job with showing all the emotions of Jolinar. you really see a lot of emotion on Amanda's face.

Jolinars memory
                        * we get to see how Amanda plays Sam when she in pain and is being whumped. and she really does a wonderfull job in that one either. You can feel all the pain and emotions from Jolinar and from Sam. I also like the interaction Sam has with her teammembers and her father. Amanda does a great job with portraying (sp?) Sam as someone who really cares about the people

Asscension
                        *Amanda here does an excelent job. She let us know Sam's inner feelings, how Sam really is. And how Sam reacts to some situations that come to her. And her facial expression is really great in this ep.

Nightwalkers
                        *Amanda who plays Sam as being in command. She does an excelent job with it. she isn't O'neill, she has her own style, that is kind and friendly and caring. She knows how to handle 'the boys' so that they would listen to hear.
                        And again Amanda her face says it all!

Grace
                        *Amanda really caries that ep. She really makes it wonderfull to watch it. The emotions she shows us with being stuck on the prometheus. She is really subtle with her emotion, but because of that they are so powerfull

Death knell
                        *Amanda as a dirty girl lol. I love this ep because of the fact that she is being chased by a supersoldier. And you really can feel the angst. And Amanda really builds up that angst with every expression and move she makes.

Gemini
                        *Amanda is great as RepliCarter. She really does a good job as portraying the bad girl, somehow RepliCarter is bad, but you don't get that from the start. She is believable that she can be good. And Sam is awsome in it with the interaction with RepliCarter

THANK YOU AMANDA FOR THE GREAT ACTING!!!!!

Comment

Is it awful that I really wanted to vote for all of them? I didn't, but I wanted too. Amanda did such a great job in all of them! Grace, Gemini, D & C, Moebius, the list goes on!

Comment

Solitudes, Jolinar's Memories, The Devil You Know, 2010, 2001, Meridian, Unnatural Selection, Grace, Death Knell, Moebius, Reckoning, Ripple Effect... to name a few.
                            thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              Whoops...I just did. I couldn't help myself! Amanda is amazing in all those eps. I had to be honest with myself and vote for every episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X