This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morgan Le Fay the Antagonist?

Morgan Le Fay in Arthurian mythology, is almost always described as Arthurs antagonist and a sorcerer.

And almost all of the material ive encountered - portrays her as being -an enemy of Arthur.

Can we trust the information she has imparted to the SG-1 team?

Could her dissappearance be a part of a plot?

Why is her portrayal in SG-1 so different to previous reports? - i did hear her say things have changed over the last few thousand years still should we trust her?

Dont forget she had a child named Mordred - not dissimalar to Mirdin (if you account for thousands of years).
    Last edited by Poseidon; 13 August 2006, 06:22 PM.
    Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Originally posted by Poseidon
    Morgan Le Fay in Arthurian mythology, is almost always described as Arthurs antagonist and a sorcerer.

And almost all of the material ive encountered - portrays her as being -an enemy of Arthur.

Can we trust the information she has imparted to the SG-1 team?

Could her dissappearance be a part of a plot?

Why is her portrayal in SG-1 so different to previous reports? - i did hear her say things have changed over the last few thousand years still should we trust her?

Dont forget she had a child named Mordrid - not dissimalar to Mirdin (if you account for thousands of years).
    You know I was wondering the same thing. She was always the Antagonist so it's possible sh was leading them to a trap.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I forgot to add that Mordred was a bit evil too!

Comment

I forgot to add that Mordred was a bit evil too!
        A bit ha! He killed Arthur!

Comment

Well it was a few thousand years ago!!! I forget!!

Comment

Well it was a few thousand years ago!!! I forget!!

Comment

Morgan could have been totally misleading Daniel. I personally don't think that was the case, but only time will tell.
              Last edited by the fifth man; 13 August 2006, 07:37 PM.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Somehow I don't think so. Arthurian Legend is centuries upon centuries old. Legends get warped after that long, the fact that they've been able to be so close is well...I don't think Morgan was evil, she didn't act like it, and I'm not even thinking that Morgan was the one that cursed the people of the village, either.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Interesting point though rarocks if Morgan Le Fay didn't curse the village in Morpheus who did?

I know im biased but who else would want to?

Comment

Interesting point though rarocks if Morgan Le Fay didn't curse the village in Morpheus who did?

I know im biased but who else would want to?
                    Even if it was Morgan who cursed them, people can change.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have to concede that one - ive always believed people can change, and she did appear quite genuine when she appeared to Daniel, but i can't help feeling theyres more to Morgan's Story.

Even so assuming she was ascended at the time (of the curse)- and assuming she did curse/plague a people somewhere - the ancients didn't step in - rather odd wouldn't you say?

Plus - we don't know of Mirdin's fate - maybe she did off old Merlin? - and Daniel didn't find anything on the planets she mentioned - so she still could be telling porkies. And hes been to research Morgan and Merlin in more depth in England - maybe we will know on Friday??

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Even if it was Morgan who cursed them, people can change.
                        Very true Fifth. People can change, the myth is very old so it is highly possible, and the possibility I hope for, that she is on our side. She could be a very powerful ally.

Comment

basically... You got Merlin buildin a big honkin anti Ancient gun... and you got the ancients, going... damn it we'ze told him not ta build dat.... and then they send Morgan to watch over it..

Well Morgan goes down there and watches him
                          Merlin - LEAVE ME ALONE! I'm Old and cenial, and making a weapon! I need to concentrate!
                          Morgan - We just don't trust you enough, after all your building a weapon that can kill us!
                          Merlin - You'll never take me alive!! I'm going to finish the weapon to finish off you Orii scum!
                          Morgan - what? Im an Ancient just like you.
                          Merlin - You'll never get past my Knights of the Round Table, or King Arthur the next great Ancient!
                          Morgan - Yes i can I can walk right thru them... or kill them all... but I'm not going to...
                          Merlin - Arthur! Lancealot! she's trying to destroy my work Get her!
                          Morgan - fine, ill leave you alone, just dont shoot us...
                          Arthur - Go away wench!
                          Morgan - SCREW YOU RICH BOY! *lets the ground around him on fire* I'm out of this dump...
                          Years pass... Merlins weapon is complete...
                          Merlin - Yes the weapon is done! now i will kill the Orii Scum!!! *reaches to press button*
                          Morgan - maybe later *she swoops in and steals the device and hides it*
                          Merlin - ARTHUR!!!!that wench stole my...Damn what was it...cup..
                          Arthur - we can get you a new one.
                          Merlin - no.. it was important it was the Holy cup.. a Holy Grail...

and see over thousands of years.... Morgans made to seem evil, because she stole his machine....
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Morgan - SCREW YOU RICH BOY! *lets the ground around him on fire* I'm out of this dump...

Actually if a little crazy that makes perfect sense - but im crazy too.
                            Seriously thats a plausabile reason why Morgan would be made out to be evil!

Comment

Actually if a little crazy that makes perfect sense - but im crazy too.
                              Seriously thats a plausabile reason why Morgan would be made out to be evil!
                              lol thanks lol... I'm a bit slap happy, and write a bit to odd anyway.. lol
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                              X