This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asurans have Orion class warships?

I mean the Asurans started their whole civilization with only a few which replicated into millions and built the great city of Asura. They have an abundance of ZPMS and Drones. They have mimiced the Ancients technology and everything and have been around for thousands of years. What are the chances that they have a fleet of Orion class ships around somewhere? I mean its not something we can just not think of right?

Then again if they did have ships they wouldnt have flew the City Ship to destroy Atlantis.

There's no reason why they shouldn't have some, but I guess we'll have to wait to see

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01
      Then again if they did have ships they wouldnt have flew the City Ship to destroy Atlantis.

I think it was more personal city ship vs city ship.

"My city ship will kick your butt, atlantis sucks, etc etc"
      I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Yeah but still the show should've mentioned the word Ship at least once. I mean first thing i would've said was.. "Hey do you guys have any Orion class ships?" I mean for 1 i think those Asurans inhabit more than 1 planet and 2 I just seriously cant help but think they've been around for more than 10,000 years and they have a couple million people living in Asura as well as buildling their own city. I would think they would have inhabited at least 2 planets and maybe have some of those defence platforms etc.. I mean 10,000 years is a long time to live on a planet and not have any ships.

Comment

millions>? i heard billions
          DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

you heard very wrong. niam said MILLIONS! if they had aurora class warships they're of used them to own atlantis instead of using atlantis3 to try to (drones are drones i guess).
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

It was definately "millions"

Comment

It was most definitely millions.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I doubt they had ships (or even one aside from the city ship)..

Couple of reasons

1) They didn't know the state of the pegasus galaxy (they were surprised to find out that the ancients have ascended). They didn't even know that atlantis was still around. Hence, definitely no interstellar, nor gate travel (Note, the lanteans have *very* GOOD sensors)

2) After the beating they got from the ancients, it probably wasn't smart for them to *reach* out and touch someone - lol (basically, risk the ancients finding out that they are still around and getting blasted to bits again probably wasn't a good thing).

The asurans were stuck in a catch-22 situation. They couldn't fight back (or even defend themselves from the lanteans). Their core programming prevented them from attacking the lanteans, and their core programming also prevented them from removing the failsafes in place.

Even if the asuran society had a billion ships, they would still lose as they won't be able to lift a finger against their creators hence the only option would be isolationism.

G
                  Last edited by funks; 13 August 2006, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01
                    Just because the Asurans chose to fly their City Ship to Atlantis doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t have any Aurora class ships. Also, wouldn’t they want to bring their most powerful ship when taking on another Ancient City Ship? From what we have been shown so far it really hasn’t been made clear whether or not a fully functioning Aurora class ship is more powerful than a City Ship, so it may have been the safer choice to take what they did. It also seemed like the Asurans were kind of in a hurry to destroy Atlantis, so maybe it was simply a choice of taking the ship with the fastest hyperdrive; and it also happened to be the ship that everyone was already in so it did make for a quick departure.

Comment

now that they know the ancients aren't around anymore. I'm sure we'll see some ships from them real soon (maybe the upcoming episode - the return 1)..

Without the lantean wiping them out threat, they should be able to expand and build a fleet fairly easily. They are replicators afterall.

Comment

They already knew that the Ancient's had ascended. Niam wasn't surprised that the Ancient's ascended, he was surprised that Weir knew about ascension. Wasn't ascension the reason they wanted the aggression in their base code deleted. With the knowledge at their disposal, and the numbers of their civilization, I doubt that it will take the Asurans more than a few months, to build another city ship.

Comment

Originally posted by funks
                          I doubt they had ships (or even one aside from the city ship)..

Couple of reasons

1) They didn't know the state of the pegasus galaxy (they were surprised to find out that the ancients have ascended). They didn't even know that atlantis was still around. Hence, definitely no interstellar, nor gate travel (Note, the lanteans have *very* GOOD sensors)

2) After the beating they got from the ancients, it probably wasn't smart for them to *reach* out and touch someone - lol (basically, risk the ancients finding out that they are still around and getting blasted to bits again probably wasn't a good thing).

The asurans were stuck in a catch-22 situation. They couldn't fight back (or even defend themselves from the lanteans). Their core programming prevented them from attacking the lanteans, and their core programming also prevented them from removing the failsafes in place.

Even if the asuran society had a billion ships, they would still lose as they won't be able to lift a finger against their creators hence the only option would be isolationism.

G
                          Just because they couldnt destroy their creators doesnt mean they couldnt have created some ships for their own defence. I mean c'mon 10,000+ years i would think they would have more than 2 planets and a couple hundred ships whether or not they're being used to destroy their creators.

Its just something I cant help but not think of its driving me crazy lol. A 10,000 year old race thats as smart as the ancients having only a couple million people and inhabit only 1 planet? I mean they can replicate 10x in 1 second for god sakes.

My guess is that in season 4 the Asurans will reveal that they have like 5 other Cities and like a fleet of ships.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                            They already knew that the Ancient's had ascended. Niam wasn't surprised that the Ancient's ascended, he was surprised that Weir knew about ascension. Wasn't ascension the reason they wanted the aggression in their base code deleted. With the knowledge at their disposal, and the numbers of their civilization, I doubt that it will take the Asurans more than a few months, to build another city ship.
                            I would think it took a couple years to build a city ship. From my other topic like 9/10 people beleived the Asurans built their Cities using Natural resources not replicator/nanites because theres no way they could've adapted nanite materials with ZPMS. I mean 10,000 years and they have 1 city ship. Hard to beleive though eh?

Comment

Spoiler:

Are we sure they only have one city ship? Asura was connected to a rather awesome looking and vast cityscape, perhaps those are city-ships as well.

Want to see some shameless advertising? I think you do.
                              MySpace
                              My fiction portfolio-type thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X