This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Feeding Process necessary?

After all the things I've read about the Wraith, about the enzyme, about parasiting from hosts, and all the information given about the Wraith's active human digestion system, it struck me...

The Wraith are addicted to their own enzyme, and not knowing that they have an alternative feeding source, must use humans to inject into them the enzyme so they themselves can absorb it into their own bloodstream. This is why after the feeding, the Wraith can regenerate quickly, and can survive one or two blasts from a Wraith stun weapon. This is further supported by what happened with Ford and his becoming dependency on the Wraith enzyme. It made him stronger, made him faster, more aggressive, heal quite quickly (he took a shot from Mckay quite easily, then chased him down and was about to kill him).

Ford is the key to the mystery about the Wraith...how could Beckett and the Lantian team be so stupid to not have figured this out by now? The Wraith are naturally dependent on their own enzyme (more than likely a predisposition or genetic component that makes them hungry, possibly a Wraith unborn baby being exposed to the enzyme during the queen's, or mother's feeding). This lies dormant for some time, before it becomes active when their body becomes more dependent on the enzyme (once the child reaches a significant point in their maturity, sort of like Wraith puberty).

The minerals, water content, and vitamins they get from the feeding process is why their stomach isn't dissolved, because the brain registers all the bodily content needed.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Hmm, I dunno. Seems like it's just a means to make the feeding process easier, a bit like snake venom.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I thought the enzyme was used by the Wraith to facilitate better and more complete feeding. Otherwise, the Wraith can't absorb vitamins, minerals, & other nutrients through their intestines anymore after puberty hits. Otherwise the human digestive system is stuck in neutral until conversion by the retrovirus.
      "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
      The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

The enzyme is used to facilitate it yes, but as evidenced by Ford and his own addiction to the enzyme, as well as the metabolic, physical, and mental changes he exhibited, I concluded that the Wraith must have become addicted to this enzyme. I don't believe the species could have survived if the enzyme wasn't present originally. Also, with the enzyme injected into the human's bloodstream, it is promptly reabsorbed by the Wraith (which then make it into their bloodstream, along with all their nutrients). As to why the Wraith in "Condemned" said they gain little nutritional value is probably due to the Wraith's inability to be satisfied, because the enzyme isn't there.

Given the effects of the nutrients on humans, I believe that the enzyme is not present in the Wraith's bloodstream unless they reabsorb it during feeding.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
          As to why the Wraith in "Condemned" said they gain little nutritional value is probably due to the Wraith's inability to be satisfied, because the enzyme isn't there.
          From what I've seen from the Wraith feeding, they suck the life (for lack of a better word) out of humans. The food that the Wraith in Condemned ate was dead, and probably cooked. Personally I think that's why it wasn't particularly satisfy, there was no life in the food to suck out.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Ford was addicted because his body was given a massive dose of the enzyme for several hours. He became dependent on it to survive. Otherwise for Ford, it gave him no nutritional value, he still ate the same.

Maybe the Wraith digestive system shuts down, no active transport of vital materials into the blood. This way sucking the life out of someone gives the tissues in their bodies direct access to all it needs. Would also account for the rapid regeneration. I just don't think they are addicted to it. Sounds like a more complex way of preparing your food (like fungi or some insects do outside the body) before ingesting.
            "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

If the Wraith are only addicted to the enzyme and could get by on normal food with the enzyme then why do the people they suck "lifeforce" out of age like mummies including turning their hair grey. Before you say it's just because they're draining off fluids and bio material where is this material going? If it's going into the wraith then how come a thin female figure in tight cloths like the rising hivekeeper can drain the majority of vital fluids out of a full grown human male like Col Sumner and not noticibly increase in size herself at all?

Also how did a Wraith scientist actively investigate the possability of making humans tastier without ever stumbling upon the fact that it was just the enzyme that made them desireable.

Comment

well its neccesary for them to live... but ur idea is good one, they just need to find somethign to transfer the enzyme... i liek the idea...but it may not be the case...

makes me wonder.. in the episode with the prison island and the wraith ate real food... obviously he had to digest it.... Did he know what was going on?? Do you think he's realized wha tthat smell is? has he been exiled for this smell lol
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                X