This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of Weir? Why?

It's not her fault the Wraith are all woken up. Thanks Sheppard . I guess everyone that hates Weir thinks her and Sheppard are a tag team made in hell? lol

I think Progeny was foreshadowed in the Episode of SG1 before it, when Landry was talking to Mitchell about winning the war at all costs, cause you can't stop fighting until your dead (or something similar to that, I had been up for a long time when I watched the show so my apologies if I didn't get that all in right, cause I was tired! lol).

Originally posted by quasarsky
    It's not her fault the Wraith are all woken up. Thanks Sheppard . I guess everyone that hates Weir thinks her and Sheppard are a tag team made in hell? lol

I think Progeny was foreshadowed in the Episode of SG1 before it, when Landry was talking to Mitchell about winning the war at all costs, cause you can't stop fighting until your dead (or something similar to that, I had been up for a long time when I watched the show so my apologies if I didn't get that all in right, cause I was tired! lol).
    Not everyone hates Weir. But really, the writers are not doing her any favors. She was supposed to be this super cool, super competent negotiator type that was mostly a pacifist. Now she is like "Blow em up first and ask questions later" and "if you cant negotiate for it, take hostages or steal it". Its not very flattering. At the moment she would make a better member of the NID then the SGC.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

She has boobs, gets between the two main male characters and has to make desicions. Not a good combination in this fandom unfortunately

Edit: And for anyone who didn't quite understand, I was making a sarcastic comment there...
      Last edited by Agent_Dark; 12 August 2006, 05:06 PM.

Comment

where did u get the silly idea that everyone hates wier...?
        DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

Bad leader, bad negotiator - bad diplomat, i.e. the thing she's supposed to be good at. She keeps making the wrong calls and she isn't punished for it. She also has an annoying voice and demeanor.
          We're whalers on the moon,
          We carry a harpoon.
          But there ain't no whales
          So we tell tall tales
          And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Originally posted by quasarsky
            I don't think it's that we think everything's her fault. It's the writing of her character. Because she's rarely an active person, when she does things and they turn out badly, they reflect badly on her. I don't hate her, but I no longer have much respect for her as a leader. In the first season she didn't do or accomplish much, she was just the yes or no woman and Sheppard ran right over her. Season two continued with no development. She didn't contribute anything and when she finally did it was a plan so dangerous and unethical that it not only contradicted her background, it made her look shady.

She's supposed to have been a negotiator of peace etc. ie. her goal is to prevent people from resorting to the very same desperate actions she did with the retrovirus. But the worst part of the whole thing is that she's responsible for this expedition and therefore bears the burden of the deaths that result from her mistakes. She doesn't appear even the slightest bit remorseful and that's what I hold most against her. If she could just act like she bears the weight of a leader, that would be a big step.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Word on the annoying voice and demeanour, I don't really dislike her I just find her really irritating. Also annoying is the way she completely overreacts every time Sheppard is in danger, get a grip!

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                I don't think it's that we think everything's her fault. It's the writing of her character. Because she's rarely an active person, when she does things and they turn out badly, they reflect badly on her. I don't hate her, but I no longer have much respect for her as a leader. In the first season she didn't do or accomplish much, she was just the yes or no woman and Sheppard ran right over her. Season two continued with no development. She didn't contribute anything and when she finally did it was a plan so dangerous and unethical that it not only contradicted her background, it made her look shady.

She's supposed to have been a negotiator of peace etc. ie. her goal is to prevent people from resorting to the very same desperate actions she did with the retrovirus. But the worst part of the whole thing is that she's responsible for this expedition and therefore bears the burden of the deaths that result from her mistakes. She doesn't appear even the slightest bit remorseful and that's what I hold most against her. If she could just act like she bears the weight of a leader, that would be a big step.
                Whats funny is didn't she basically say that one of the reasons the president wanted her in charge was so the "mistake" that the military made that resulted in war with the goa'uld would not be repleated. No, it hasnt been just repeated it has been "improved" upon. I would think in Milkyway many still see us as goodguys. In pegasus it seems we are seen mostly as villians. Heck even Teylas people "put up" with us. They have been threatening and intimidating their way accross the galaxy. Lie, cheat and steal. They might as well be run by the NID.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by [SGC_ReplicÅtors]
                  where did u get the silly idea that everyone hates wier...?
                  Yeah, seriously. Weir is one of my favorite characters, not only b/c torri is super-hot, but because she's a pretty good actor too. She's even in my top 5.

These are my top 5 in no particular order.
                  Sheppard
                  McKay
                  Caldwell
                  Weir
                  Beckett

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

I don't hate her. She's just another person who's thrown into a very alien situation and can't quite change her old attitudes and believes.

Not that different from...oh, pretty much everyone else.

Comment

No strategic thinking. Can't think ahead 2 steps ahead of her action. Can't think of a plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel

I find it interesting that people fault her for contradicting her own background. Think about it: she's been thrown into a galaxy/situation that is completely new. She's now come face-to-face with an enemy that hasn't shown a single inclination for honest negotiation. In the face of something like that, I think most people would change accordingly. Now, I do think there has been a writing issue with showing such a transition clearly. But I can see how she could get to where she's at now.

As for showing remorse... well, unfortunately, we really only tend to see her when she's in a leadership position. She's a leader, and she has to keep a strong face publically for the benefit of those under her command. But we have gotten glimpses that she is remorseful - her conversation with Landry being a great example.
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I don't hate Weir I just think that men make better leaders

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                            And then one day, the humans of Earth learned that a simple smilie can save a man's life...

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                              Why? Are you sexist?

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X