This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Jersey Govenor Resigns

Holy ****, I was watching the news and they said the Govenor of NJ was going to resign because of "personal reasons" aka an affair.

Then he said something shocking...

"My truth is, I'm a gay American."

This is with his second wife standing next to him, at least one of his kids in the room with his parents there and he is telling the nation in front of everyone saying that he is gay and had a gay affair. I was shocked and almost fell to the floor.

More here....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128836,00.html

Now as a gay man I wish he didn't resign but there seems to be more to it than him having an affair with a gay. Clinton had an affair with a pig and he didn't resign so it's just... wow...
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

I'm very conservative...but...I dunno. He was doing some good stuff for NJ. He didn't do anything I would morally object to. I suppose he just felt so guilt stricken that stepping down was the only thing he could do to settle his mind.

Comment

Meh. It's New Jersey. Who cares? <suddenly realizes that he lives in New Jersey>
      sigpic

Comment

I don't care about who's caring.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          I'm very conservative...but...I dunno. He was doing some good stuff for NJ. He didn't do anything I would morally object to. I suppose he just felt so guilt stricken that stepping down was the only thing he could do to settle his mind.

The reason why he is stepping down isn't because he is gay. It was said that he was being sued and there are other back stories that haven't come out. Otherwise he wouldn't resign, plus he doesn't step down until November 15th and people belive he did the speech now because it was going to come out soon.
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Ugh... *waits for the stupid debates to begin again* what is America's problem with homosexuality? *realises what country is in location* hmm.... never mind

But this will obviously be the main media focus on the story, not the real reasons of his resignation. Just like the story of the 4 guys who killed 6 people and took boxes of their clothes and an X-Box. The headlines? "6 killed over X-Box!"

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              Ugh... *waits for the stupid debates to begin again* what is America's problem with homosexuality? *realises what country is in location* hmm.... never mind

But this will obviously be the main media focus on the story, not the real reasons of his resignation. Just like the story of the 4 guys who killed 6 people and took boxes of their clothes and an X-Box. The headlines? "6 killed over X-Box!"

Exactly. I'm still waiting for the politions to come out and say how we have to ban video games again.

The real reason why America has a problem with homosexuality is because most of the politions are closet gays like Mr NJ here, but the others can't accept it, rather sad.

But I mean it's a huge shock listening to the news waiting for him to go "I did a Clinton" and resign and here that he is gay while standing next to his SECOND!!! wife.

Comment

McGreevy steeped down because he didn't want to have a whole scandle about it. In other words to save his image, not because he felt some moral duty to let everyone know he is gay.

Comment

Remembers when the word "GAY" meant "VERY HAPPY"
                  My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c

I think part of this country's problem with it, is how they flaunt it. You don't see straight people going out and saying "Hey! I'm straight! Aren't I great?"

No, of course not, because heterosexuals are the majority. It seems to me that being a straight white male in this country who embraces his culture is automatically deemed prejuicide.

In the wise, wise words of Rorschach Test: "It's ok to be proud to be gay; you can have a parade at the capital gates, but; but keep your mouth shut if you're straight."

Isn't the US's duality grand?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith
                      Remembers when the word "GAY" meant "VERY HAPPY"
                      Ahh yes, the grand old days. How about in Britian where a "***" is a cigarette?

Comment

OMG, I can't even type ***? What if I want to smoke!!! *goes to the censorship thread to complain*

Comment

That's America for you.

Comment

well, i heard that he resigned because the guy he had an affair with was threatening to sue him for sexual harassment... but, to me that doesn't make that much sense. other politicans do worse things... (hey, i was watching tv yesterday. we watch MSNBC alot... and CourtTV)

i remember a few years ago when a couple kids were killed over POKEMON CARDS! and not far away in the town where my cousins live and go to school i think someone was STABBED for Pokemon cards. i can't believe this ****!

also, if i remember correctly in the LOTR books ****** was a bunch of wood...

am i right? i can't be bothered to look that up... i'll never find it.

EDIT: there's this politican here in Canada (i think he's the premier of BC or something... i dunno), he's openly gay. he's kind of in trouble right now because a little while he ago he stole this really expensive diamond ring. he gave it back and said he was under alot of stress and just snatched it... there's more to the story, but i don't remember...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Actually it's better than that. McGreevy had the affair with a gay Israeli man, whom he gave a position as Homeland Security guy of NJ.

I'm going to refrain from my usual rants about Israel today.

Comment

Working...
                              X