This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Production notes for "Icon"...SPOILERS

here are production notes for "Icon". there's a interesting discussion for show's plausability overall. "conversion nanites", what the.....??!!
    Spoilers
    ICON

Daniel is stranded on another planet after the team's arrival on an alien world sparks a violent civil war.
    COMPLETE ANALYSIS

By Joseph Mallozzi
    Stargate SG-1 Co-Executive Producer

Late last year, Damian Kindler pitched out a story in which Carter is stranded off-world, struggling to survive, while the rest of the team mounts a desperate bid to rescue her. As we began to prepare for Season Eight, it was felt that we had already done a fair amount of Sam stories and so, to redress the balance, "Get Carter" became "English Patient Daniel." The writing department broke the story in November and, over the hiatus, Damian wrote what turned out to be, in my opinion, his best script for SG-1 (for his best Atlantis script, check out an episode called "Poisoning the Well").

[Mod snip: Check out the entire feature at http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/making/805.shtml]
    Last edited by Darren; 12 August 2004, 08:02 PM.

Eh, it's sci fi, you can't expect total plausablity. "Conversation nanites" is just as good as "universal translator" or any other excuse for the fact that it would be kind of boring to watch if no one could talk to each other and rather silly and or expensive to invent a new language every time they went to a new planet.

Comment

This is same as gateworld's in the making of 'Icon'
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
        This is same as gateworld's in the making of 'Icon'
        i know, i just posted it here so everybody can check it out

Comment

Originally posted by darman
          i know, i just posted it here so everybody can check it out
          We aren't that lazy

Anyway, that's just what Joe and them think to themselves to rationalise why everyone they write for speaks English, except the Russians

Comment

Note to All:

Please do not repost content from GateWorld in its entirety, even in our own forum. A link and a quote or two from the portion you want to talk about will work just great.

Thanks!
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'm curious. In the production notes, there's a quote from an interview Joe gave to TVGroove.com referring to Daniel speaking Japanese in Icon. Did this get cut from the final version?

Comment

Originally posted by pettygrew
                I'm curious. In the production notes, there's a quote from an interview Joe gave to TVGroove.com referring to Daniel speaking Japanese in Icon. Did this get cut from the final version?
                When I actually read the chat transcript (which was actually more message board-like than chat)), I realized that JM's comments were taken out of context. The chat conversation was about a Japanese Goa'uld and there was someone asking for "more Daniel!". I think Joe was trying to "kill" two chat answers with one entry, not meaning to imply that Daniel spoke Japanese in "Icon".
                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                once done, cannot be undone...
                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                X