Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for STARGATE Action/Strategy Game for PCs and Next Gen Gamiong Consoles...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for STARGATE Action/Strategy Game for PCs and Next Gen Gamiong Consoles...

Bring out your Ideas for a good game that would work for all PLATEFORMS . PCs , MACs , PS3 , Wii and XBOX-360 are all the plateforms taht you could use ...

I think its time for MGM to think of the future of the STARGATE Name ... They havnt really promoted the BIG HIT Sci-Fi Series , and a Video game would get TONS of new FANs to this seires ...

So i would like to hear ideas of what the game should be like , hwo it should play ... And what elements would you put in the game ...
    • Characters
    • Storylines
    • Online and Offline Features
    • Weapons and Vehicles for the game
    • What Kind of Battles would you like to see

HERE IS MY IDEA ...

Well first it would start off with the Movie , but replacing the Actors with the Actors from SG-1 or at least Jack O'Niel and Daniel Jackson ...

The MOVIE would be the first step in the this WORLD of Stargate , When going throw the Gate you would take off to the World of Abydos . From there you would have to Pick either Jack or Daniel ... Each one would have a little bit of a Diffrent Storyline to it ...

Jacks would be more of a Military background Storyline , Where you are proteting Daniel from others on that Planet ... Daniel wouldnt be helpless , He would have a gun as we .. For the MOST part your jsut looking for a village and trying to get the right Addrees to leave Abydos ...

Daniel soryline would be where jack is protecting you , and you would have your OWN gun as well , but your more into trying to fingure out whee to find the right Address to get everone home ...

Now like in the MOVIE there is a nice BIG Battle that goes on here , I would have to say this would take you on your first STEP INTO a great Action Shooter ... being the First time throw the gate you would have about 16 men to command or more like the A.I would help you out with this first BIG Battle ...

The main Part of the first Level or first Part of the game is to get you into the STORYLINE again . You will have to portect you Unit from dieing , the People of Abydos will also be there in the back giving help , But not that much .. The main point is to BLOW UP RA's ship with a Bomb that SG-C gave you .

SIDE NOTE : I would like for this to be a 4 Player Online and Offline Co-OP game . So for this to happen you would also need to other Characters to join in the fun ... You coud also pick Lt. Kawalsky and a No Name Soldier for Co-OP

After Freeing Abydos from Ra , you Dial the gate and return HOME .. From there you would get a few CUT SENSES tell the Next big Storyline , and taht Happens When the Scif-Fi Series picks up from , your going to have the team of jack , Sam , Kawalsky and Daniel ... Kawalsky will be replaced with Teal'c later on in the game . The game would have ALL the MAIN STORYLINES , and some Small Storylines . Mostly for making Allies for the BIGGER BATTLES ...

What the game would have , and how it would be BUILT ...

First I Love the UNREAL ENGINE 3.0 , So the game would be Built off of that Engine ...
    • How the game would look - The game would be setup for a 2nd or 3rd person veiw . This way you get a feel for your Character .. But for the FPS Fans , dont worry i would also have it setup for that FPS as well , Giving the Player the CHOICE to pick from the very begging on how they want to play the game

• Characters - Well as known you would be able to Pick from the for Main Characters , In Co-oP you could talk with friends to see how would be who . and can change Characters after ever Mission if wanted to . For SIGNAL Player mode you could pick anyone of the Main Characters , and each one would have a little diffrence with each Mission as well .
    • Jack O'Niel - Would be the Military guy . He would much later be replaced with Mitchell
    • Sam - She is the astro- physicist , so she could FIX stuff and get out of areas that would need to be HOTWIRED ...LOL
    • Teal'C - would be the Strong man of the game , he would be taking over Kawalsky Roll in the game .
    • Daniel - The Archaeological expert that would be able to read most of the Writing on the walls .. LOL .. He would be replaced by Jonas Quinn for a few Missions , then take hes roll back after that .

• Graphics - I would want the GAME to have a Real feel for it , So i would have the Actors help out by going in and having there FACE MAPPED for the game . Give the Characters a RAEL Fell and look to them ... Making sure the Uniforms are what they look like in the Show , Even for the Jaffas and there TATTOO on the heads .

• Game Physics - Giving life to each character would be a little hard , but at the same time i dont want it where Teal'c Sam , Daniel and Jack all walk the same way , or have the same MOVES .. Giving each Character there own feel would really give to the Story of SG-1 ... teal'c has diffrent Tactics then Jack , and Daniel has NONE ... LOL To add , Jack and Teal'c would have better AIM then Sam and Daniel , But same goes for Sam has better Aim then Daniel as well . Where Daniel is alot smarter .

• A.I - Would liek the A.I to take a rool of there own , having it where when you go into batle your not alone , and it would be easy . Also that the Enemies would also be jsut as Smart when it comes to Tactics as you are . If you shot an Enemy the enemy behind them would take cover and or others would give that enemy cover fire , As well as them tring to creap up on you from behind . So watch your back . Same goes with your Allies , they will lay more cover fire for you to get to the point where you need to be .

• Character Vocie Overs - this is a big must , I would want each character to have tons of diffrent sayings . Making sure that they never say the same thing twice while playing the game .

• Storylines - With everthing you and your friends do and say will effect the Storyline a little to alot ... From Allies you could make to Enemie you will make , If you attack an Allie they will become your Enemy . Some Allies could even end the game ( Asgards ) by destroying Earth altogether .

• Tactics - Thee will be alot of Tactics in the game , this wouldnt be a run and gun style game , You would have to think of evermove you make . To add to the tactics , there would be NO JUMPING , you could Somewhat Jump but it in a diffrent style jump , ( Tactic Jumps ) Moving out of the way of Enemy fire , or taking cover behind odjects near you would let you jump from side to side or odjects in front of you would let you Grab Jump over them .

• Strategy or Puzzles - There would be alot of Puzzles to figure out in the game , Daniel and Sam would be the best choice for these stuff . But where you could Pick any character the Storyline would adapt to what Character you have , Co-oP would let you protect your Team while he figures out some of the CODES . Things like Finguring out how to read stuff on walls , to just breaking out of areas that is heavy with Enemies .

• Co-Op - You could either play with 3 other friends at home , or play with up to 3 others ONLINE in a Co-oP game play , You could play the WHOLE game from Start to Finish in Co-oP . This is inportant , couse alot of games only USE Some LEVELs for Co-oP , this game would be built for the whole Co-op Point ... Also when Playing Online Co-oP , you could all save your game at that POINT where you all Stopped at , so this way you could finish the game with your friends if needed . 4 Players or 2 or 3 , the A.I would take over that one Character not being used .

• Battles - There would be some really big battles in the game . As well as Small battles . Some of the BIGGER ONES would be like ( Hathor S1 ) When she took over SG-C , you would have to Battle your way throw Saving your BASE from her ... ( BETWEEN TWO FIRES ) Where you try to help out the tollans , but at the sametime you need to get out of there . ( EVOLUTION ) on a bigger Scale .There would be alot mroe as well .

• Space Battles - When it came time for some really big and nice battles the Space Battles would be really fun , Taking a Death Glider to the Extrame .. LOL , there would also be battles where PROMETHEUS and ODYSSEY would be going against Other Ship , you would get to be in the Death Gliders and help out with these battles ...

There would be one BATTLE where you dont play as any of the MAIN Characters and that would be from S7 LOST CITY , Instead you would be Someother Character ( Would like Mitchell in this Battle couse of what happens in S9 ) . You would have to protect Jack and the other for sometime while they they try to break throw the ICE .

• Side Games with in the GAME - There has been alot of STORYLINES where the characters got to do something diffrent once in a while , What i would add is SIDE games . Like from ( SPACE RACE ) , where you could take on Serrakins in a race to see whos better . Too ( AVATAR ) Where Teal'C was in taht VR Unite to train in , there you would go HEAD to HEAD with your Friends on Co-op or just the A.I for fun .

• Online Battles - this would be a section in the game where you would like to jsut have some fun , and add some Tactics in with it ..LOL This would be the section that you could do 8 v 8 , 16 v 16 to 20 v 20 in battle .
      There would be selective battles fields for you to battle on , You would also be able to pick what kind of Map you want to do . From everthing like Capture the Flag with a Stargate them to protecting Hostages from being takeover by the Enemy . It you have it all . This would be where you could start up a group of friend in a Clan or what ever they call it today .

The BattleFields would be WHOLE WORLDS , not just some small Village .

Note : thie would be set up like SOCOM 2 or 3 or halo 2 games . But wouldnt take up from the really story of the game . CO-OP and the Storyline would be the first thing that would get your intrest ...

Space race would also be added to this Online section , where you could go head to head or take on up to 8 People in a Space Race ..

• UpDates - With PCs , MACs and Next Gen Gaming Systems this game would have tons of updates . From ONLINE maps to Even more Storylines add during SEASONS or After Seasons have Ended . Making this game go with the Series .

Online maps for ONLINE BATTLES would be created from the NEW Wolrds we get to visit .

So What kind of IDEA'S do you have for a game for STARGATE SG-1 ...

I started a thread about this a while back, but you dont have to post there. Just take a look at my ideas.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21255

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I think the best way to make good Stargate game is RTS similar to Homeworld. Action should happen over 10000 years ago and it should be placed in the Pegasus Galaxy. You know the rest. But it shouldn't be only space RTS, there should be also missions on planets (sth. like Empire at War).
      My name is Olo - Hans Olo
      Sorry for my english, I'm not

Asgard Greetings: Greeting
      Borg Greetings: Lower your shields, Prepare to assimilate

Comment

I like that idea but if we follow the story we'd have to lead the wraith to victory...
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I proposed to the creators of "Stargate: Worlds" for a flight simulator called "Stargate: F-302".

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
            I like that idea but if we follow the story we'd have to lead the wraith to victory...
            Good point, but I played "Phase one", IMO it was very good game though I'm Pole. So it's not a problem for me to play Wraith campaign. Besides it's not told that it's impossible to create good Lantean campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Olo PL
              I think the best way to make good Stargate game is RTS similar to Homeworld. Action should happen over 10000 years ago and it should be placed in the Pegasus Galaxy. You know the rest. But it shouldn't be only space RTS, there should be also missions on planets (sth. like Empire at War).

You know taht would be a great game there , Look at what it did with STAR WARS . the only thing i See Wrong with this is that in the Stargate Theme the Writers didnt give us anuff Ships or Weapons to play with ... We only know of a few type of ships , and nothing more ..

Maybe its time for STARGATE to find some VIDEO FOOTAGE and Stuff like a Data Base of Weapons and Ships that the Ancients might have had ..

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                You know taht would be a great game there , Look at what it did with STAR WARS . the only thing i See Wrong with this is that in the Stargate Theme the Writers didnt give us anuff Ships or Weapons to play with ... We only know of a few type of ships , and nothing more ..

Maybe its time for STARGATE to find some VIDEO FOOTAGE and Stuff like a Data Base of Weapons and Ships that the Ancients might have had ..
                Yes that's big problem. I think some designers' own invention should suffice
                There mustn't be everything officialy certified.

Comment

lol, I'm still having a fantasy that they'll find an Ancient military base with several Aurora-class ships hidden underground on some planet...

I would like to see the game follow another SG team, like a Marine Combat team, so that there would be more emphasis on combat and more freedom for the writers. As for a time period, I'd like to have a game take place around the time of Anubis, with all of the firefights and such around the 7th season, or maybe have a storyline fixed around fighting the Ori crusaders.

Comment

Well I've not really thought this through, but how about a game where either SG-1 have to find the lost city (Atlantis) and go on different missions etc. Once they find Atlantis, they can use it for whatever - resources, knowledge etc whilst fighting the wraith who have teamed up with the replicators..

OR, you are the ancients and you are fighting the wraith in order to keep control of the Pegasus galaxy. You have full Atlantis power and some surviving ships to use etc. Satellite weapons are still in existence and you still have a half decent chance...

-T

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

I believe, for FPS, that it should be story mode (SG-1 and Atlantis), co-op mode (your own team of four or five), and all the other modes of an FPS. You could play as Free Jaffa, Jaffa under Goauld, Tau'ri, Atlantis expedition, Ori, and Wraith. And you could fight against all of these races and against Asurans.

Also, Id like a game sorta like Bridge Commander for a ship based game for Stargate. Like you could be Asgard (Commander), Tauri (Colonel, Commander), Goauld with Jaffa (Goa'uld giving orders), Free Jaffa (Jaffa who is in charge of the ship) , Tokra (a Tokra). You could be the Ancients (Captain), Wraith (Queen), Ori [Prior or leader of some Ori troops (spoilers call the leader a "Firstman")] in an advanced mode for those who excel in some kind of ranking system. You'd be able to be where ever the commander sits or stands (Jaffa, Goauld), give orders. Walk around the ship [going to many different decks (Star Trek Bridge Commander doesn't have that luxury)], view the battle by walking up to the glass and watching. Hailing people. itd be much cooler than Star Trek Bridge Commander, but itd take a lot of work. Youd also be able to send out squadrons of fighters, basically do anything you want as far as when in Battle.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                      X