This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Was No one in Atlantis???

Alright the City had been abandoned for 10,000 years, the people in Pegasus know how to travel thru the gate, the Wraith knew Atlantis's address...
    So why didn't anybody goto Atlantis? Idk if this was mentioned... but... really... why isnt there somebody lurking thru atlantis and wondering why the lights are on down the hall?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Prior to the Wraith learning of the existence of Earth, they weren't interested in Atlantis as they were driven by their hunger rather than the desire to seize the Ancient's secrets. Since the Ancients evacuated the city-ship, they lost all interest in it, at least until they realized that the databanks contained specs for the Ancients' advanced hyperdrives which would enable them to reach the Milky Way in a much shorter time.

As for the human inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy, I don't think many of them were aware of the exact Gate coordinates to Atlantis (heck, a number of them hadn't even seemed to have travelled offworld in a long while, and/or they had too many other pressing concerns). Those who did most likely regarded it as some sacred place of the Ancestors which they weren't allowed to tread upon or something, or were just too afraid to pay a visit for fear of the Wraith being on the other side (since they didn't know what became of the Ancients at the climax of the war).

Comment

...all of the above, and wasnt it said that atlantis would only accept incoming wormholes from earth? until they did something once they arrived??
      VL2DY4 - Why drink and drive when you can boost and slide...

Comment

^

Did they mention something like that? I can't recall, though you might be right. The one thing I know for certain though is that the Atlantis Stargate is the only known one capable of dialling Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares
          ^

Did they mention something like that? I can't recall, though you might be right. The one thing I know for certain though is that the Atlantis Stargate is the only known one capable of dialling Earth.
          Janus in 'Before I Sleep' said that the Atlantis stargate will only accept incoming wormholes from Earth.
          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
          Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

And they had to leave because they were having the city fumeigated for potato flies and other nasty bugs (most probably the Itarus bug) and had to leave for earth, when the work was done the ZPM they took with em smashed and broke, they were stuck on earth and they are the reason we have all the problems in the world and no ZPM to save us!!!
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
              Janus in 'Before I Sleep' said that the Atlantis stargate will only accept incoming wormholes from Earth.
              I think you mean only the Atlantis gate will accept incoming wormholes from Earth.
              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                I think you mean only the Atlantis gate will accept incoming wormholes from Earth.
                No. Janus blocked the stargate so only connections coming from Earth would be accepted until Weir's expedition came through the gate. It was a security measure to prevent the Wraith from dialing in from the PG and also to complete the impression that Atlantis had been destoryed (somewhat of an educated guess as to why there).
                Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42
                  No. Janus blocked the stargate so only connections coming from Earth would be accepted until Weir's expedition came through the gate. It was a security measure to prevent the Wraith from dialing in from the PG and also to complete the impression that Atlantis had been destoryed (somewhat of an educated guess as to why there).
                  That's correct.
                  z

Comment

Yeah, it would be kind of dumb to hide your city under the ocean so your enemies won't find it, and then just leave it unguarded with a device that lets your enemies walk right in, without taking some kind of precaution to "lock the door".

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42
                      actually no..
                      the atlantis gate was the only gate capable of connecting to earth, however any gate in the pegasus galaxy could of dialed in

Comment

he said only earth would be able to connect so that weir would be safe

Comment

Janus: I've blocked all addresses to the gate, except Earth, you will be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                            Janus: I've blocked all addresses to the gate, except Earth, you will be safe.
                            so when the wraith are attacking, we can sink the city and cut off the gate the same way?? shouldnt they of done this after seige p3?

I gotta rewatch the episode.. what season is it, first or second?
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

yeah, the blocking of the gate from other gates except from earth, and the hologram lady in season one said that the atlantis gate is the only gate in the pegasus galaxy that can connect to different galaxies.

Comment

Working...
                              X