This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparative technology

In the Star Trek Universe, all of the races encountered, for the most part, are from the MW Galaxy, which seems to be huge. I mean, Voyager is in the Delta Quad, but that's still in teh MW and going maximum warp, it would take them over a hundred years to get back to the Alpha-Beta Quad.

That being the case, it seems that the Goa'uld and Asgard possess more advanced FTL technology, since the Goa'uld can travel all over the MW galaxy quickly, without difficulty, unlike Voyager. The Asgard can move from Galaxy to galaxy quickly.

What do you guys think?

I think the science fiction writers are making this whole intergalatic travel thing a bit too easy.

If it was this easy to develop intergalatic travel, earth would have become part of some galactic trading consortium a long time ago.

Out there in the vastness of space, probably only a handful of civilizations will ever hope to master the science of intergalatic travel.

Comment

Yeah, WAY too easy. "Oh, going to the center of the universe will just take...oh...a few hours...."

Comment

Warp drive: (<8000c for 36 hours)
        Goa'uld Hyperdrive: (32,000c for centuries - 87,600c for hours)
        BC-303 Naquadriah Hyperdrive: (237,000c)
        Transwarp (997,000c)
        Transwarp conduits (3.2 billion c)
        Asgard hyperdrive (>31 billion c)

Found those on gaters.net

Comment

Q drive: instantaneous teleportation to any corner of the unvierse.

Comment

Well, the prometheus can't do intergalactic travel, just interstellar. I assume the same of the gould. Daedalus can, takes almost two weeks though.
            This is from milky way to pegasus.
            -erik

Comment

Originally posted by systemlord
              I think the science fiction writers are making this whole intergalatic travel thing a bit too easy.

If it was this easy to develop intergalatic travel, earth would have become part of some galactic trading consortium a long time ago.

Out there in the vastness of space, probably only a handful of civilizations will ever hope to master the science of intergalatic travel.
              I dont think so...
              Goa'uld have had space vehicle's for over 10,000 years, i would think after 10,000 years a race could advance allot in the space travel area..
              The Asgard have had space vehicles more than 30,000 years ago,
              now i think in 30,000 years a race would be able to advance there engines to intergalactic travel

Just think about it if we keep advancing our tech a the rate we are now, just imagine what kind of tech we will have in 100years, 200years, 300years, and i'd imagine that the rate in which we advance would increase over time. so imagine what level of tech we would have in 10,000 years, i'd say we will be able to travel between galaxies.....unless we blow ourselves up before that
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
              X