This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That last scene!

Does everyone remember that last scene on season eight? Well i am not entirely sure what happened. I know that Colonel Oneil and Carter were getting close but did they go all the way? It is so confusing. In the end were they actualy an item? It wasn't very clear to me. Can someone please help me out with this? I was happy that they were finnaly going to get together when they mucked up the time thing.and then after that they didn't know they got together and now i am not sure if they ended up together as girlfriend and boyfriend? WHAT HAPPENED????????

What happened was that TPTB left it open to interpretation - as is their habit when dealing with Sam and Jack. I liked the ambiguity. I means that J/S shippers can sigh happily and conclude that as Sam and Jack finally went fishing (a clear euphemism through Stargate's seasons for them getting together) that means they're in a relationship now. Anti-shippers can conclude that...they just went fishing, since Daniel and Teal'c were there, too.

Everyone gets to make up what happened next as suits them.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by flegs
      Does everyone remember that last scene on season eight? Well i am not entirely sure what happened. I know that Colonel Oneil and Carter were getting close but did they go all the way? It is so confusing. In the end were they actualy an item? It wasn't very clear to me. Can someone please help me out with this? I was happy that they were finnaly going to get together when they mucked up the time thing.and then after that they didn't know they got together and now i am not sure if they ended up together as girlfriend and boyfriend? WHAT HAPPENED????????
      Well, for SG-1 to continue, it would be more entertaining
      for the relationship between Carter and O'Neill to keep you guessing
      whether or not they will get together. Simply put, that last scene
      was probably a teaser.
      sigpic

Comment

We don't really know what happened. They did go fishing, but that doesn't mean they are together. Ambiguity is not good enough for me or for a lot of shippers. We want something real. And since RDA isn't on the show anymore, how can it hurt? If TPTB made the ship canon, they need to follow through with it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will all become clear in the 200th episode.

BUT.

There are two conflicting pieces of evidence.

S9 SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent Barratt asks if Sam is single again, after hearing about her break up with Pete, at which point she replies "ehhh not exactly" thus implying a relationship with Jack.

But.

In the episode Ripple Effect, when Martouf from the Alt Universe arrives, she ends up trying to kiss him. Either she's unfaithful. Or She's not with Jack.... (coulda been an alt universe Sam, but thats VERY doubtful).

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

they should be together because they were finally getting together!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett

But.

Spoiler:
              In the episode Ripple Effect, when Martouf from the Alt Universe arrives, she ends up trying to kiss him. Either she's unfaithful. Or She's not with Jack.... (coulda been an alt universe Sam, but thats VERY doubtful).
              Spoiler:
              Ick. I don't like that scene. Thank God for cute little Asgards! I think, if she was with Jack then, the only reason she almost kissed Martouf was because of the remnants of Jolinar and her guilt over killing him...or TPTB thought it was funny. They pair the poor woman with everybody!

Comment

so back on topic does anyone disagree that jack and sam arn't together? although it can be anything u want it to be!
                Last edited by flegs; 11 August 2006, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X