This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zpm delemma

if sg-a is in such a need for zpms why dont they do what oniel did in the 5th race.. coudnt they just copy what he built.. it obvioulsy had enough power to reach another galaxy so couldnt atlantis use one to get back home.. maby using liquid naquda isnt powerful enough to power the whole atlantis base but coulnt they use it to just return home and get supplies and what not... or am i wrong and the device he built only helped along the already strong powersupply to the base.. but couldt someone find a way to juice it up.. just my thoguth because the whole zpm thing is kinda annoying and how earth cant power up the weapon.. why dont they just try to recreate oniell's device..

DUDE
    dude

well maybe the Pegusus is the next galaxy over from the asgard Galaxy sorta like this:

the milky way galaxy-the galaxy of Ida(the asgard galaxy)-Pegusus Galaxy

So that O'Neill low tech ZPM might have been good enough to go to the next galaxy but not good enough to hop a galaxy to get to the next one past it. I hope you understand that.

Comment

they probably have the materials they would need to make one, but does anyone know how to exactly? jack didn't know what he was doing and no one took any notes. they had a few years to study it but how would they know that they're doing it right? they might accidently make one that'll go BOOM! if they try to use it.

... maybe they were just too arrogent and thought, 'hey, we're going to where the Ancients decided to move their country home. Homemade ZPMs? we don't need no stinkin homemade ZPMs. we should have enough roung yonder.'

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

it was LEFT IN THE ALTERNATE REALITY!

Comment

Yes they probably left it in the alternate reality. But they should've studied it and such stuff way before that happend.

A regular Naquadah Reactor is probably much more powerful.

And I don't think it was a jerry rigged ZPM. I think it was a Small naquadah reactor.

Comment

And the O'Neill from alterbative reality is going to work with o'neill from this reality to create a ZPM that works.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Hey, people!! You've already forgotten that Carters made it????
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

They made it work again. They didn't build a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  They made it work again. They didn't build a new one.
                  Ok, i got it now.

Well why dont they contact them and get it back?

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

We destroyed the controller to the quantum mirror so it would never be used again. Or something to that effect.

Comment

Hammond gave the order to destroy the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                        Hammond gave the order to destroy the mirror.
                        Can anybody tell why??

Comment

Because if they just made a new one, it'd be a really short show.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                            Because if they just made a new one, it'd be a really short show.
                            Short? They would found a way how to get home and back there.

Comment

TPTB wanted to drop the whole AU (alternate universe) story and not revisist it? I guess that's more of a practical solution.
                              An in-universe answer would be the whole "two people can't exist in the same universe" sort of thing. Plus an invasion of an infinite number of Goa'uld from an infinite number of universes is not too appealing, so why take the risk of the goa'uld finding out about it and exploiting it.

EDIT: To add something else, I feel Atlantis is not about getting home but exploring a new galaxy. Even if Atlantis was able to reliably talk to and go back and forth from the SGC, the show would still go on. They could operate as tehir own sattelite SGC in Pegasus and act as a barrier/buffer between MW and Pegasus.

Comment

Working...
                              X