This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for season 2/28 finale

Does anyone think that Davros will make an appearence in the next series of Doctor Who, perhaps alongside the Cybermen and Daleks if they decide to face off again in a sequel to Doomsday in series 3?

EX-TER-MIN-ATE!
    What does that mean anyway?
    I think he's been watching Battlestar Galactica again...
    No, no. Hs been watching Doctor Who - that's the Daleks....

........Shut up, Daniel.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

It would make sense... they never did kill him, after all...

Of course, last time him and the Doctor met, the Doctor destroyed Skaro.

It probably won't be an amicable meeting.
    Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
    - General Hammond

Comment

I would love Davros to returnm definatly !!!
      although no Daleks or Cybermen for Season 3. We need a break from them
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I really dont want to see him or the Daleks for a long time to come, Who needs to be able to work without the Daleks being in every series, it has before, and will again.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I agree also there was no Cybermen stories in the Pertwee era so Doctor Who can work without them.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Unless they do more about the Time War.

It would be nice to see some Time Lords, even if there are no more Daleks...
            Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
            - General Hammond

Comment

definately need a break from the Daleks and Cybusmen, so definately no Davros for a while.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

No we need a break from Cybermen Daleks.
                However, a Dalek on the bridge of Davros's ship reported that the Emperor's escape pod was being launched and a white light is seen speeding away from the ship moments before its destruction, leaving a clear route to bring Davros back in the future.
                He may come back soon. Just not to soon.
                Hola

Hello

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing him without the Daleks
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I NEVER want to see him on there. Not too bothered about The Master either. The show can't keep harking back to the past to get their villians/enemies. We've had the big two, and fair enough they are iconic enough in their own right to warrant being brought back. But I think the buck stops with them. We need some new aliens - which, apart from the Slitheen it has managed to do well in fits and starts although none have been developed into on going enemies. The new series needs to start to build up a mythology of its own. RTD has always said he's making the show so that you don't have to have seen the old ones in order to fully get it - bringing back characters like Davros would go against that.
                    sigpic
                    by Kaaatie

Comment

We do need new enemies, I'm pretty sure there are a vats of ideas just bulging at the seams that they could use that haven't made it onto the screen, how about re-hashing old ideas that were never used in the older series and so fans never saw, they wouldn't need to infringe on the old series and could work them into the new series.

Davros should not show up just yet, keep the fans waiting and maybe they won't be dissapointed?
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Not sure but I think we may see a Dalek episode or two next season considering the last seasons finale. But otherwise I think they should have a break from the Daleks for a bit and maybe have a single Cyberman episode.

Spoiler:
                        And we have been told the Ice Warriors are going to make an appearance. Whether as good guys (as they were last time left off in the old show) or as bad guys remains to be seen.

Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing some of old enemies like the Silurians and the Sea Devils but that can come after another season. But they should serve as big bads for the season while the rest of the season has newer enemies and all. In the Beast episodes we are told that the Beast itself was defeaten by 'Beings of Light' so wouldnt mind the Doctor encountering them.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Dr. Who wouldn't be Dr. Who without Cybermen or Daleks, so there was justification for bringing them back in the first two series. But, I agree, it would be nice in S3 to branch out a little and find some new enemies.

I'd also like to see more alien worlds, not London/Cardiff every second episode. Much as I enjoyed all those episodes, don't get me wrong, because I did, it would be nice to explore the universe more. I think we may get that though, since the whole reason for the Doctor to keep returning to London has now been closed off.

And although I loved seeing them and enjoyed the characters, I'm glad that we'll be seeing no more of Jackie, Mickey and Pete, too, for the same reasons. Again, I loved those episodes, but it's time for something new and I did feel in the end that they were being used way too heavily, much as I liked seeing them.

Given that those characters and locations have effectively been severed by the events of Doomsday, I think the stage is set for some interesting new times in S3.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I think that the show should remain Doctor Who, therefore it should continue to bring back a few of the old characters. Personally I'd like to see Davros, The Master and The Ice Warriors back.

But, on the other hand, the show really should work on creating some new creatures. Part of what made Doctor who, Doctor who, was the way it always experimented with new ideas and planets. And I think it's about time they did that.

I agree too, that we should be branching off a bit more. It's a bit tiring that so many eps are set in modern day cardiff. I want to see a few more episodes that are based on different planets....

Off topic comment: I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE FACE OF BO'S SECRET IS!!!!! lol

Anywho....
                            If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago...

Spoiler:
                            "I miss Thor..."

Baal: He's tiny - have him squeeze through the bars
                            Teal'c: Assist us or I will squeeze you through these bars...

Oberoth: Lower your weapons.
                            Lt. Col. Sheppard: [not moving] How much lower would you like ‘em?

[Zelenka gives, in Czech, a poetic description of the rising of Atlantis]
                            Lt. Ford: You didn’t say anything that would require security clearance, did you?
                            Dr. Zelenka: Security clearance?

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                              Dr. Who wouldn't be Dr. Who without Cybermen or Daleks, so there was justification for bringing them back in the first two series. But, I agree, it would be nice in S3 to branch out a little and find some new enemies.

I'd also like to see more alien worlds, not London/Cardiff every second episode. Much as I enjoyed all those episodes, don't get me wrong, because I did, it would be nice to explore the universe more. I think we may get that though, since the whole reason for the Doctor to keep returning to London has now been closed off.

And although I loved seeing them and enjoyed the characters, I'm glad that we'll be seeing no more of Jackie, Mickey and Pete, too, for the same reasons. Again, I loved those episodes, but it's time for something new and I did feel in the end that they were being used way too heavily, much as I liked seeing them.

Given that those characters and locations have effectively been severed by the events of Doomsday, I think the stage is set for some interesting new times in S3.

Albion
                              i think the "Death" of rose will meen there is less earthy adventures.
                              Hola

Hello

Comment

Working...
                              X