PDA

View Full Version : SciFi Wire: Official SciFi Channel ratings for season three

npattis
April 13th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Watching Lorne and Sheppard getting fed upon by the Wraith for like 20 minutes. That would indeed make great television. Wow, the ratings would jump beyond the broadcast networks!

The Signal
April 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Wow great idea, that would make for the best episode of SGA, no wait any Sci-fi ever, Lorne and Shep, bent down being fed on for a whole 20 minutes? FANTASTIC [/sarcasm]

npattis
April 13th, 2006, 09:41 AM
We'd be getting rid of two useless characters, making the show better, and ratings increase. Win-win-win

The Signal
April 13th, 2006, 09:51 AM
What is wrong with this forum at the moment? "This character is boring/I dont like this character, so lets kill them off" it just keeps coming up

Wraith Scientist
April 13th, 2006, 09:59 AM
What is wrong with this forum at the moment? "This character is boring/I dont like this character, so lets kill them off" it just keeps coming up

There is definitely something in the water. Globally.

"Kill ... kill ... kill ... kill ... kill ... kill"

prion
April 13th, 2006, 10:12 AM

Uh yup... I've seen 'kill Sheppard,' 'kill Jack', kill kill kill. Must be in the water or the air!

ussrelativity
April 13th, 2006, 10:22 AM
If you want to increase the ratings, increase the turnout for the episodes. More people need to know about the shows.

vaberella
April 13th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I'm not saying kill them off, but I'm up for a little torture..and I don't mind some biting, to sweeten the deal. :D

ShadowMaat
April 13th, 2006, 10:31 AM
How's this: kill EVERYONE and spend all of season 3 just wandering through the empty halls of Atlantis, exploring all there is to see. Sure, the CGI would be expensive, but imagine all the money you'd save not having to pay actors or write scripts or design sets. Heck, you wouldn't even need cameras!

Brilliant! ;)

override367
April 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
They are going to pull a Voyager and introduce a busty super intelligent super strong alien who walks around in catsuits and solves all their problems for them.

spg_1983
April 13th, 2006, 10:35 AM
The best way to get ratings up for season three? They could make some good episodes! With some decent writing and storylines.

The Signal
April 13th, 2006, 10:41 AM
And give Teyla and Ronan lots of coffee, that should liven them up a little :D

vaberella
April 13th, 2006, 10:43 AM
They are going to pull a Voyager and introduce a busty super intelligent super strong alien who walks around in catsuits and solves all their problems for them.
Really?

I thought Teyla was it, except for the catsuit, she has belly top. But they still ignored her! http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/teyla/teylaanime24.gif http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/teyla/teylaanime23.gif

Maybe she should turn in the belly top for the cat suit!! http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/teyla/teylaanime25.gif

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/teyla/teylaanime21.gif http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/teyla/teylaanime15.gif
VB

ShadowMaat
April 13th, 2006, 10:43 AM
And give Teyla and Ronan lots of cofe, that should liven them up a little :D
What, like the squirrel in Hoodwinked? Sounds dangerous. :P

Besides, McKay is the resident speed talker of Atlantis. :)

vaberella
April 13th, 2006, 10:45 AM
And give Teyla and Ronan lots of cofe, that should liven them up a little :D
I could see them now, talking over espresso about the finer points of Atlantean culture with Food Eater Wraith, Michael, and Queen Wraith numero 3. :rolleyes: :D

VB :mckay: :D

The Signal
April 13th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Besides, McKay is the resident speed talker of Atlantis. :)
Give him coffee, see how fast we can get him to talk, maybe we will get him to go supersonic :P (superpower: sonic wave :S well I wouldnt put it past TPTB)

ShadowMaat
April 13th, 2006, 11:06 AM
And give Teyla and Ronan lots of coffee, that should liven them up a little :D
Oh and BTW, since your comment OBVIOUSLY implies that McKay should be killed and the speed-talking title given to Teyla and/or Ronon instead, I hereby scream at you and wave my fist in the air, furiously condemning you as un-fanlike and a hypocrite. And a blind hateful Hewlett-basher. Or something like that. :P

Note: the above post is, in fact, entirely sarcastic and non-hostile and should not be taken seriously in any way. Except for the bit about me smiting Ptah. :P But that's unrelated... ;)

The Signal
April 13th, 2006, 11:10 AM
You know when you have to put disclaimers on your posts, the forums are getting too uptight :D

Oh, and smite away :P

Blitz
April 13th, 2006, 11:16 AM
The best way to get ratings up for season three? They could make some good episodes! With some decent writing and storylines..

Shock Horror....who saw that one coming:mckay:

vaberella
April 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM
You know when you have to put disclaimers on your posts, the forums are getting too uptight :D

Oh, and smite away :P
Don't have to tell me...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/vaberella/censorship1.jpg

Down with censorship!

McKay torture too?! Why? Why not?! I'm all for it! Maybe it will teach him to curb the scientist and realise that the Wraith are not a library but set out to eat up people like him!

The best way to get ratings up for season three? They could make some good episodes! With some decent writing and storylines.
It'll never happen. Wait wait..never say never right?! It won't happen then?! I'm joking, it could happen, it really could but they'll have to work real hard. The ending for S2 is setting them up for disaster because they might not be able to carry it through.
Example...Trinity...great episode all around, where is Trinity 2? Left it hanging...that's what they did. They can so easily explain parts of S2 stupidity away it will make the show lose whatever credibility still has.

I'll still watch it...since I always have a flickering candle in a tornado, Pandora or the Wraith did still everything.

VB:mckay:

knocknashee
April 13th, 2006, 12:06 PM
ANOTHER 'KILL' thread...*yawn* - some people have no originality... :rolleyes:

And to think, I was actually considering going to the docs for a prescription for sleeping pills...I have all I need right here...

knocknashee
April 13th, 2006, 12:08 PM
There is definitely something in the water. Globally.

"Kill ... kill ... kill ... kill ... kill ... kill"

Lord Voldemort has obviously trained an army of basilisks who are slithering their way around through the piping...

Oooops...wrong fandom... :P

mckaychick
April 13th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Lord Voldemort has obviously trained an army of basilisks who are slithering their way around through the piping...

yeah:0)

Major Zoidberg
April 13th, 2006, 05:43 PM
how about kill, kill, kill, kill as in huge 20 minute space battle :D

ShadowMaat
April 13th, 2006, 06:05 PM
how about kill, kill, kill, kill as in huge 20 minute space battle :D
Well, didn' Martin Wood tell us that Siege 1 was going to be a fortysomething minute sequence of the city of Atlantis exploding? Maybe they've held that off to S3. ;)

Linzi
April 15th, 2006, 01:44 AM

LOL!

Lightbane
April 15th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Watching Lorne and Sheppard getting fed upon by the Wraith for like 20 minutes. That would indeed make great television. Wow, the ratings would jump beyond the broadcast networks!

dude your either a troll or a professional Shep and Lorne hater

turn those thoughts to torture, when the Genii captured Lorne and his team i thought it would be like whenever the Gould captured people but no it had to be sucky and all they did was drew blood from them...no torture on getting them to give them their shield code what a waste

BookOfLove
April 16th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I don't think killing off the really cute guys would increase the show's ratings so, um, what do ya say we don't do that?
I think they should instead focus on character development, relationships, and original storylines.
I'd also love to see more humor brought in. Stargate used to have amazing scripts that were generally quite funny. I think the show is becoming too action focussed. I'm all for action, but they've gotta incorporate the humor as well (and not the large-ugly-man-attracting-all-the-beautiful-women-that-the-writers-think-is-funny-
but-is-really-just-repulsive type of humor, I'm talking actual commedy that makes people laugh rather than cringe type of humor)
Characters such as Lorne and Cadman could also be used more often and in more of a central role rather than just standing there with a gun and looking cool. Bring on the CadmanMcKay bickering (cause seriously, who didn't like duet?)
Okay, sorry 'bout that, I'm done now. Seriously, I don't think I've ever written that much in one post.

And since some of you seem to really be having a bad day you may want to consider calling the bad day hotline at 781-382-3756 (some funny stuff right there) :D

morjana
August 6th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Ratings for the premiere episodes:

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/

TOP TEN SCIFI CHANNEL SHOWS

ECW-------------------------2.4
Stargate Atlantis-----------1.5 - "No Man's Land"
Stargate SG-1---------------1.4 - "Flesh and Blood"
The Best of Bray Road-------1.2
It Waits--------------------1.2
Dark Angel------------------1.2
Room 6----------------------1.1
Sasquatch Hunters-----------1.0
Freddy vs. Jason------------1.0
Science of Stargate SG-1----0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 7/10/06 -- 7/16/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

From SciFi Wire:

Top TEN SciFi Channel Shows

Eureka--------------------3.2
ECW-----------------------2.1
Stargate Atlantis---------1.6 - "Misbegotten"
Stargate SG-1-------------1.6 - "Morpheus"
Dragon Dynasty------------1.2
Dead Like Me--------------1.1
The Frighteners-----------1.1
Dark Angel----------------0.9
Dragonfly-----------------0.9
Dragonheart---------------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 7/17/06 -- 7/23/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Cat_the_Alien
August 6th, 2006, 09:26 PM
They are really pushing Eureka on the SciFi website, including streaming the full pilot episode for everyone to watch for free, legally. I think has a lot to do with the high ratings that we're seeing for that show. If other networks were smart, they'd be embracing this technology in the same way that the SciFi/NBC conglomerate has. The internet is a powerful tool, and wise, forward thinking networks can use it to promote shows and get fan feedback.

vaberella
August 8th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure if this has been discussed but here I go.

Okay, I was just reading the news on SGA on the homepage of GW, and I noticed that the ratings for Sateda was a 1.4. I doubt it's from bad writing, it's pretty much a given that the majority of people found Sateda an excellent episode and the way that SGA should write...and yet they had the lowest ratings probably ever because of this episode.

I can't understand what's going on. I've been told that it's probably advertisement and this could be right. Don't get me wrong, I realize that SG1 made the writers and was a huge sucess for the stargate writers and Scifi. But I don't know why they spend so much time on SG1 promotion when SGA has actually proven to be a better show, ratings wise in S2 rather than SG1's S9.

Further more, I would hate to see a show that's just started with excellent potential overshadowed in such a way, when the cast is fantastic and as of late providing excellent storyline.

I was informed that there was some discussion that if the ratings for SGA fall below 1.7, that the show is pretty much on the brink of cancellation, and the show opened at 1.5, and has stayed at a relatively steady 1.4.

I wanted to know what some of the other fans think and what's going on?! Was Sateda that bad? Was it seriously poor advertising? And/or do you think that Scifi has an agenda to cancel SGA and will use the lack of advertising and this 'possible' rumored hiatus as a way to end it?!

And if anyone out there knows, is there anyway we the fans can bloody well stop the cancellation of a damn great show?! I still haven't seen all of Atlantis---:( :mckay: :( :mckay: :(

Sateda's Low Ratings (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/week4ratingsfalltoseasonlo.shtml)

VB

npattis
August 8th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I love Stargates, have been a fan since the movie and SG-1 1997 premiere. But I would be surprised if they survive another season the way the ratings are going.

[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
August 8th, 2006, 08:38 PM
if they cancel it.... Hate mail to sony and the likes to them...i really dont care for the ratings....they can go rate themselves for all i care...i dont want SGA/SG1 cancelled

npattis
August 8th, 2006, 08:42 PM
It's been discussed already, but SciFi has basically left it out to dry. Little to no advertising, no outside advertising, little to no word on the 200 episode, etc, etc. I mean, SciFi is basically killing the franchise.

Agent_Dark
August 8th, 2006, 08:42 PM
']Hate mail to sony and the likes to them...i really dont care for the ratings....they can go rate themselves for all i care...
You willing to fork out the millions of dollars per episode it costs to make the shows then?

Esquin
August 8th, 2006, 08:43 PM
A 1.4 isn't that bad. It's not what we're used to sure but plenty of shows have survived on less. I think if they upped the advertising it would help. But if this 6 month hiatus thing proves to be true the Stargate is dead.

If not, well then i'd say we have a shot at at least 1 more season of each show.

Jackie
August 8th, 2006, 08:46 PM
The ratings are fallen because of a few factors. First they have changed SG-1 to Val and SG-1. Second they changed the time slots and third they don't have Galatica on after words.

I would be surpirsed if both shows get renewed. The ratings may increase for the second half of season ten, now slated to be shown in March. Sci-fi is jugling the schedual i bit and I hope the people holding the ax will give the shows extra time for the viewrs to adjust.

Another thought on why they are pushing back the second half of the season is there may be another stargate show in the works and perhaps they want to try and lead into the new one...if it's a go.

I fully expect this summers ratings to be bad, RDA may bring in a few viewrs for 200, but I still think there is just too many changes all at once.

KadeCarrion
August 8th, 2006, 08:50 PM
It's been discussed already, but SciFi has basically left it out to dry. Little to no advertising, no outside advertising, little to no word on the 200 episode, etc, etc. I mean, SciFi is basically killing the franchise.

I agree - all issues of the writing/show direction aside, SciFi obviously no longer wants the Stargates. Now that production has reached that record-breaking tenth season on SG1, they no longer have any interest in the franchise or what happens to it. SciFi has a long history of abandoning tried-and-true hits for their (often crappier) new lineup: just ask any fan of Invisible Man, Farscape, the list goes on.

But if they are stupid enough to cancel Stargate, I will sure as **** stop watching their crappy channel anyway, as the Stargates are the only reason I tune in at all.

Kliggins
August 8th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Could be the fact that Monk and Psych over on USA at the same time as SG1/SGA is not helping the ratings either.

Ivegottheskill
August 8th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Too many people downloading?

Stargate is easily the most downloade show around, but I don't think it should cause poor US ratings (someone has to tape the show in the US for it to be on the net, since its released there first)

The ratings should not be that bad IMO, and a well established show (with an incredibly strong fanbase) should not need much advertising (maybe this is SciFi's angle?)

Maybe it should go back to Showtime? :p

Ouroboros
August 8th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Like I said in the other rating thread. What we're seeing now is, IMO, the result of the less than stellar quality of the last seasons of the show 9 and 2.

Basically people who were left feeling less than impressed following the finale's last year never went to the trouble to find out when the new seasons were going to start this year and thus haven't been watching them.

In the past when I've stopped watching a show it's usually gone down this way. I'll watch it till the end of the current season almost out of habit then over the break lose interest in it entirely and never bother to tune in again. Because last season has left me with no anticipation for next season I'm not sitting there ready to watch on premiere night.

Osiris-RA
August 8th, 2006, 08:56 PM
As Nem might say, What fate Stargate? Theories abound as to why the two shows have lost some 25 percent of their audience since the March season finales, and whether lack of advertising, SCI FI Channel's scheduling choices, competition from other networks (USA's Monk continues to perform well in its new time slot, now opposite Stargate SG-1), or simple viewer dissatisfaction is to blame

I must admit, I watch Monk first on Fridays. But fortunately, I don't miss any SG1 or SGA because they show them twice at night. I don't see why the ratings could be so low. My Friday night goes, Monk at 9:00, SGA at 10:00 and SG1 at 11:00. Works great for me!

It couldn't be veiwer dissastisfaction. Sateda kicked arse. SG1 is another story however...maybe the 200th ep will pep things up. (hopes)

npattis
August 8th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Well there are other factors as well. The characters that made the franchise as what it is were put in the backseat really. Teal'C a supporting character at best, and what the hell are they doing with Sam? While they are focusing on the annoying character of Vala that should be sight for only God knows why they brought her on. Cam, I mean what the hell? He got the medal of honor for something little compared what SG-1 has done and Sam and O'Neill with nothing? The whole situation with Jack and Sam, left it hanging, as with other storylines they conveniently have forgotten. They pretty much kicked Corin Nemec out and remember who Jonas Quinn even is? Then all of season 9 and mostly season 10 appears we have this big back enemy that is so abstract can we even imagine them? For the Gou'ald we had the system lords and special ones theat stood out such as Apophis and Anubis. The Ori are pretty much nothing but Ghosts.

And Atlantis, don't get me started on that. They pretty much abandoned the whole reason why we went. Remember that huge city that supposedly had all this technology and knowledge that could bring mankind into a new gold age? Oh yeah, forgot about that too!

ToasterOnFire
August 8th, 2006, 09:02 PM
The poor ratings this season for both shows is probably due to lots of things - no BSG anchor, more competition from other networks, more outside competition like movies or whatever, and/or viewers that are either unhappy or simply lost interest in SG1 and Atlantis after watching last season. Whatever the reason, a decent chunk of the Stargate viewing audience that was present last season is actively choosing to not watch the shows now.

The quality of an ep really doesn't affect ratings, since viewers can't tell if an ep is good or bad without watching it. Previews and advertising for eps may bring in or lose viewers and the previous week's ep may also have an effect on ratings. For example, if casual viewers really didn't like Irresistable they're probably more likely to tune out next week, thus missing Sateda. It's hard to verify those statements, though.

I highly doubt that downloading has any real effect on ratings, certainly nothing significant enough to cause these plummeting numbers.

vaberella
August 8th, 2006, 09:07 PM
The ratings are fallen because of a few factors. First they have changed SG-1 to Val and SG-1. Second they changed the time slots and third they don't have Galatica on after words.

I would be surpirsed if both shows get renewed. The ratings may increase for the second half of season ten, now slated to be shown in March. Sci-fi is jugling the schedual i bit and I hope the people holding the ax will give the shows extra time for the viewrs to adjust.

Another thought on why they are pushing back the second half of the season is there may be another stargate show in the works and perhaps they want to try and lead into the new one...if it's a go.

I fully expect this summers ratings to be bad, RDA may bring in a few viewrs for 200, but I still think there is just too many changes all at once.

I don't care about SG1, nor does my post care about SG1, I'm talking about SGA and why SGA maybe canceling. From the friends I do have who are die hards they would knwo better why SG1 is the verge, but why SGA!!

And as a matter of fact, there is serious massive self promotion of SG1 compared to SGA. After I'm done watching Eureka, I have to deal with an SG1 200 episode caption---where's the talk about SGA. And we all know around late August and September there will be huge push for BSG...who has scored less in the ratings department than SGA in many of the eps or at the same level.

So that would mean SGA is a better show, but it's the one on the verge of cancellation but BSG is sitting pretty!

The poor ratings this season for both shows is probably due to lots of things - no BSG anchor, more competition from other networks, more outside competition like movies or whatever, and/or viewers that are either unhappy or simply lost interest in SG1 and Atlantis after watching last season. Whatever the reason, a decent chunk of the Stargate viewing audience that was present last season is actively choosing to not watch the shows now.

The quality of an ep really doesn't affect ratings, since viewers can't tell if an ep is good or bad without watching it. Previews and advertising for eps may bring in or lose viewers and the previous week's ep may also have an effect on ratings. For example, if casual viewers really didn't like Irresistable they're probably more likely to tune out next week, thus missing Sateda. It's hard to verify those statements, though.

I highly doubt that downloading has any real effect on ratings, certainly nothing significant enough to cause these plummeting numbers.

I agree with you on a certain level Toaster. I think people got really cosy with space action back to back on fridays from SG1, to SGA, to BSG. But again BSG didn't look like an anchor for SGA, because again I've seen the ratings posted and SGA had been fairly consistent in S2 and have again beaten BSG. From what I gathered BSG has been living on hype, over sexualized sensationalism, and of course the curtails of SG1 and SGA fans.

And I agree with your last statement. I felt that because Sateda has so much fan promotion and probably many people didn't see it, they might tune in for Progeny, but ifi Progeny doesn't hold up, we're right back where we started. I have to say based on the minimal commercials I've seen, Progeny is almost another The Eye/Storm.

VB:mckay:

the fifth man
August 8th, 2006, 09:10 PM
If SG-1 and SGA do end up getting cancelled, I'm done with Sci-Fi Channel. I forgave them after what they did to Farscape. I won't do it again. Doing poorly or not, I just don't see them replacing the Stargates with anything of comparable quality.

vaberella
August 8th, 2006, 09:13 PM
If SG-1 and SGA do end up getting cancelled, I'm done with Sci-Fi Channel. I forgave them after what they did to Farscape. I won't do it again. Doing poorly or not, I just don't see them replacing the Stargates with anything of comparable quality.

You sound like my friend Sanssong, she said the exact same thing, word for word!! and she said BSG was not enough for her to stay. I can't agree more, I'm unsure if Eureka will be enough for me, since I love SGA and don't bother with either SG1 or BSG (personally one of the shows I despise the most).
VB

the fifth man
August 8th, 2006, 09:17 PM
You sound like my friend Sanssong, she said the exact same thing, word for word!! and she said BSG was not enough for her to stay. I can't agree more, I'm unsure if Eureka will be enough for me, since I love SGA and don't bother with either SG1 or BSG (personally one of the shows I despise the most).
VB

It's just that this channel has seemed to kill off way too many great shows. It just doesn't seem to know how to handle things sometimes.

npattis
August 8th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Well another problem is what they did with Atlantis. There was so much potential with the show from Season 1 Rising to the Seige II. Season 2 stunk more than SG-1's 9.

vaberella
August 8th, 2006, 09:24 PM
My 2000th post on a sad thread, which I started admittedly! I see what your saying Npattis, but I actually liked S2 and I do see where the writers wanted to go and it is their fault it went bad. They risked the characters, their development and growth, and of course relationship as they were building in S1 for pretty much wraith based eps and developing an enemy which should have been a bit more downplayed than it really was.

It was of course also trying to veer into another direction, which I personally liked, but I can see how many fans wanted more of the same from S1---it's sort of like a new music groups albums. The first album hits and is like wow... sophomore album is not normally so great and he third follows suit, cause it doesn't reflect the first.
I'm feeling if the transition was done slowly but in keeping with the first season we'd be good. Shoot, the way S3 is going, if it was actually S2, it would have been better for the show. S2 being what is S3, and they'd probably be around indefinitely; I always did say Michael was bloody well too soon, into the show to do.

I just don't want to see S3 being the end, I was so hoping for at least a 100th episode if anything!

VB

Gate Geek
August 8th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I am a huge SGA fan. I only watch Sci-FI for SGA. Everything else I've seen advertised for the channel is mind numbing crap.

I think that the gates are getting the shaft because someone somewhere thinks more money is to be made by dropping these shows and latching on to something bigger. Whether its the *new* Stargate movies or series or something completely different I don't know.

I just can't see how they expect to pull the crap they're doing: six month hiatus, lack of advertising, giving the impressions of possible cancellation etc and then in a month or two decide to just pull the plug on the show. Screw me over like that and I certainly won't be a follower to anything 'gate related in the future. My loyalty deserves so much better than that.

*ends rant*

m00nbrain
August 8th, 2006, 10:02 PM
It's just a series of common sense related follies and the most anyone can do is write a letter to anyone in charge and say "hey, fix this. we like this show."

It's really not the fans fault, and with episodes like Sateda it's not all the show's fault.

The storylines and characters have both been rather inconsistent and forget about withstanding character development just didn't happen much last season.

I'd like to know why Sci Fi hasn't been advertising like they have with Eureka, which I see everywhere.

Did not SGA get nominated for some music score Emmy?

[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
August 8th, 2006, 10:03 PM
You willing to fork out the millions of dollars per episode it costs to make the shows then?

errr on secound thought....Sony a big company they can afford it

as for the ratings...are they world wide ratings or USA ratings?

IcyNeko
August 8th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Well, if the emo writers quit the arc of making every stargate show so dark, I think things would be a bit better. First with Secret Nazi Atlantis, then with SG-1 and the controversial Daniel arc... no good!

That and no BSG Anchor...

But the plot.. seriously, I almost didn't watch Stargate this season cuz of how s2 went... Michael was a bit too nazi for me.

.. but Progeny.. Mmmm... sounds so tasty

hutchi4
August 8th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I am a big fan of SGA stuff those other shows SGA is all I need I don't want it cancelled at all. ;) :) and as someone said they want to drop it just to bring a new show on that they think will have big ratings but after the first episode it just ends up getting dumped I've noticed it's been happening on alot of channels.

SGAFan
August 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM
*sigh* So many factors I could rant for an hour.

Who, exactly decided to fill the 8PM slot with a network cancelled show that ears 1.1 if its lucky? What a horrible lead in for Stargate!

Where, exactly was the advertising? If I wasn't an internet involved fan, I would've never known when or even the fact that either show was premiering! (I seem to remember Stargate had a TV Guide cover last year?)

At least SG1 got attention in the off season. SGA was pretty much ditched for the hiatus, but then again it seems that most of the limited advertising Stargate gets has always been geared at SG1 anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like SG1, but I LOVE SGA and there has been a definite difference in the amount of attention paid to SGA compared to SG1 in the past.

The attention span of the average TV viewer isn't that long *G* You can't find, capture and hold it unless you have the show and promotions in front of them ALL THE TIME. I'm glad to see other people wonder if scifi is trying to kill Stargate, the thought has crossed my mind, but I thought I was being paranoid.

I can tell you one thing. I watch scifi only for Stargate. NOTHING else there (including their current flavor of the week, Eureka) appeals to me. No gates, no viewing from me.

I'm rather miffed at scifi for treating the Gates this way, when the Stargate franchise is responsible for a lot of scifi's success in the recent years.

Is there anything we, as fans, can do? (besides watch the show live) Would letters make any difference? If so, to whom do we write?

<bummed>

Metonic
August 8th, 2006, 11:54 PM
2 millionth thread on this topic...

it WONT BE CANCELED.

saberhagen83
August 9th, 2006, 12:28 AM
But couldn't also the ratings drop also mean that it is summer after all and it is a friday night? I mean aren't alot of people going out on a Friday night? That is probably why many Tivo it and watch it at another time. Or older fans has simply just lost interest in the shows.

I know it's been on Friday nights before, but still. And I doubt that a six months break will do the show any favours, if it really is true.

Also just a thought. But if people have droped watching SG1, couldn't SGA be suffering by it since it's shown right after? Maybe some don't bother to tune in? What would you all think about if SciFi changed the shows for a coming season, put them on seperate nights and not on a Friday? Maybe Wednesday and Sunday? Or should they just bring these two back together with BSG?

cpgfilth
August 9th, 2006, 12:34 AM
They don't even have a handful of shows that are good, they have both sg's, eureka which turned out to be great, battlestar gallactica and...............NOTHING ELSE.

Everything they air besides those shows is just crappy filler made up of failed scifi shows and insanely crappy scifi "movies". I don't see how or why they wouldn't up the advertising or somethen.

caty
August 9th, 2006, 01:20 AM
But couldn't also the ratings drop also mean that it is summer after all and it is a friday night? I mean aren't alot of people going out on a Friday night? That is probably why many Tivo it and watch it at another time. Or older fans has simply just lost interest in the shows.

I know it's been on Friday nights before, but still. And I doubt that a six months break will do the show any favours, if it really is true.

Also just a thought. But if people have droped watching SG1, couldn't SGA be suffering by it since it's shown right after? Maybe some don't bother to tune in? What would you all think about if SciFi changed the shows for a coming season, put them on seperate nights and not on a Friday? Maybe Wednesday and Sunday? Or should they just bring these two back together with BSG?

I honestly think any chioce would be fine and help the ratings a lot! They couldn't possibly have picked a worse night (except maybe saturday).. When I'm in the US, I have to tape Atlantis, cause I'm usually out at 10 PM. It's a friday, for gods sakes..
I've even started to let my TV run although I'm not even at home. That was before I heard of the nielson box..

HOW DO YOU GET A BOX???

GreyFox
August 9th, 2006, 01:23 AM
they need to include tivo/dvr data too. a lot of us dvr the eps.

leighanners
August 9th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I've read a lot of these posts lately. Not much on posting myself, but what someone wrote about fans losing interest struck me. Because I was one of those fans.

I wasn't ever a big fan of SG1. My mom watched it and so I would watch it on occasion. But I've watched SGA for the most part since the first episode. I did miss some of the first half of S2 (6 eps), because I forgot to watch it. Just wasn't appealing to me. I got back into it right before the winter break and finished watching the season. And after the finale, I wasn't sure I was going to watch it this season. I was like well that was crap and I don't think I'm gonna watch next season. But I decided to give it a chance after I bought and rewatched S1. I fell in love with the show all over again. And aside from Irresistible, which I found highly unamusing, I think this season's been pretty good. Despite ratings, which I think should be taken with a grain of salt. I seriously contemplated not watching after Irresistible, but I'm glad I did. Because I thought Sateda was great. Probably the best this season so far.

The way I see it, if SciFi wants to get rid of SG, then they are. Regardless of ratings and fans. No use getting worked up over it. I've been there and done that with other shows I've loved and have gotten cancelled. I've been angry at networks/production, etc. because of it. SciFi knows they have the fanbase for these two shows. My grandmother in her advance stages of Alzheimer's knows it. And it would be a huge mistake if they do cancel both shows. I can see SG1 being cancelled just because it's told its story, but SGA has a lot of potential. And despite how dense we the fans think SciFi is, they know they'll be losing a HUGE fanbase. I say just take it one episode at a time, and pray it doesn't end up with no ending like Firefly.

And BSG can suck my big toe! I personally don't see why this show is SciFi's golden child. I couldn't get into it. I tried. Watched about 20 minutes of it. It wasn't for me I guess. But then again my heart probably lies with the original. Back when cylons weren't blonde, leggy and seductively clad models! But that's just me, and obviously not everyone feels that way.

AGateFan
August 9th, 2006, 01:26 AM

Okay, I was just reading the news on SGA on the homepage of GW, and I noticed that the ratings for Sateda was a 1.4. I doubt it's from bad writing, it's pretty much a given that the majority of people found Sateda an excellent episode and the way that SGA should write...and yet they had the lowest ratings probably ever because of this episode.

I can't understand what's going on. I've been told that it's probably advertisement and this could be right. Don't get me wrong, I realize that SG1 made the writers and was a huge sucess for the stargate writers and Scifi. But I don't know why they spend so much time on SG1 promotion when SGA has actually proven to be a better show, ratings wise in S2 rather than SG1's S9.

Further more, I would hate to see a show that's just started with excellent potential overshadowed in such a way, when the cast is fantastic and as of late providing excellent storyline.

I was informed that there was some discussion that if the ratings for SGA fall below 1.7, that the show is pretty much on the brink of cancellation, and the show opened at 1.5, and has stayed at a relatively steady 1.4.

I wanted to know what some of the other fans think and what's going on?! Was Sateda that bad? Was it seriously poor advertising? And/or do you think that Scifi has an agenda to cancel SGA and will use the lack of advertising and this 'possible' rumored hiatus as a way to end it?!

And if anyone out there knows, is there anyway we the fans can bloody well stop the cancellation of a damn great show?! I still haven't seen all of Atlantis---:( :mckay: :( :mckay: :(

Sateda's Low Ratings (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/week4ratingsfalltoseasonlo.shtml)

VB
Ratings rarely have anything to do with the current episode that was rated (unless the advertisment looked aweful... like irresistables did). Usually ratings are an indication of dissatisfaction with the previous ep (like irresistable) or the general trend on the show. In this case I think SG-1 is dragging Atlantis down due to general trend and that last ep (irresistable) didnt help their cause.

wizz_kid_sid
August 9th, 2006, 01:39 AM
I believe that the reason why the ratings are low for SGA is because 1st of all they rate it only in the U.S as it's not coming out to the rest of the world for a month or so. 2 because of a large number of people downloading it through stuff like Limewire, and some upload it into sites (not that im complaining 'cos i live in the UK and it isn't out yet) such as www.youtube.com story line of Sateda was excellent, i liked it personally and stuff like that doesn't get a 1.4 or whatever it was.

Ratings should now be based around the world where the most major Stargate fans watch it. :)

Darkstar
August 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM
I think we've been down this road before, Here comes a rating scare that is lower than the average norm and a wisper of cancellation from somebody and then the panic ensues, and don't lie and say you aren't worried at the potential of this news lol:D

I for one won't worry too much, this has happened before in varying degrees and I don't see the franchise falling anytime soon.

Klenotka
August 9th, 2006, 02:33 AM
I think that someone on Comic Con said that there will be certainly SGA s4. That it is SG1, which doesn´t have sure future.
I think the main problem is length of SG1. I love SG but I think the SG1 had end in s7, then they should had start with SGA. If the SGA ran by itself, I think it would be great because it would be without influence of SG1. And after 4 years of SGA, they could come out with another spin-off. Simple. But they prefer to agony of SG1
I mean, SG1 ends eventually, it´s SGA which has bigger potential. So why is SG1 the preferred show? It runs in better time, it has bigger promotion. How do the people in SciFi think? Do they really believe that there will be 11s of SG1? Wouldn´t be better to concentrate on SGA so it would run at least 7 years? Already now the writers run between two shows and they don´t have enough ideas for both of them.
But I think they won´t cancel it, not SGA. If they should cancel something then SG1 which I think doesn´t have already too much to say. Last episodes show that. Contrary of the SGA, which episodes are better this year, especially Sateda that was opposite to Insiders.
I hope that the people in SciFi or who drives this madness, has so much clear mind that they will make right decisions. I know many people who don´t watch SG1 any more....the bad is that preffered SG1 takes SGA down as well.

So, it was long, and I know you don´t have to agree. I also hope you understand because my English isn´t perfect.

Adrius
August 9th, 2006, 02:41 AM
QFT. Nothing else on Sci-Fi is interesting enough (aside from BSG) to make me want to watch. Eureka is ok, but it doesn't hold my attention, same with a few other shows. If they cancel the Stargates, they can eat me.

Darkstar
August 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Bite me!

Sci fi Sucks ass anyhow, I can wait for the DVD releases of any show that keeps my interest

Yay to B5 by the way, lets hope this comes true:D

prion
August 9th, 2006, 03:55 AM

Actually, Scifi does push the 200th episode. THe TV Guide article is proof of that, but pushing ONE episode only becuase of it's # isn't what I consider to be great advertising. IT's ONE episode, and many folks may like it and others may go "blech" just from the picture. If it's TOO much for the hardcore fans, it's not going to bring in new viewers, which is what the show desperately needs.

However, Sateda did do better than Insiders in the ratings, so SGA is picking up more audience than SG1, which bodes better for SGA.

Jonzey
August 9th, 2006, 04:05 AM
However, Sateda did do better than Insiders in the ratings, so SGA is picking up more audience than SG1, which bodes better for SGA.
Not necessarily. The SGA ratings so far have followed the same trend as the SG-1 ones, so it seems to me they have a lot of the same audience (but that's not really surprising). I think if SG-1 gets cancelled, like sooooo many people have been crying out for recently, all it means is that the Atlantis ratings would take another major hit, as people who watched SG-1 stop watching the channel, meaning it would probably only lead to one more season of SGA after the current one before it also gets cancelled.

wizz_kid_sid
August 9th, 2006, 04:56 AM
basically saying that without SG1, SGA is going to hang on by thread

ToasterOnFire
August 9th, 2006, 05:52 AM
I agree with you on a certain level Toaster. I think people got really cosy with space action back to back on fridays from SG1, to SGA, to BSG. But again BSG didn't look like an anchor for SGA, because again I've seen the ratings posted and SGA had been fairly consistent in S2 and have again beaten BSG. From what I gathered BSG has been living on hype, over sexualized sensationalism, and of course the curtails of SG1 and SGA fans.
I dunno, I thought that BSG had the highest average ratings last season, followed by SG1 and SGA. Don't have the numbers in front of me, so I can't be certain. But I do remember several times in the second half last season where SG1 had decent ratings, SGA had lower numbers than SG1, and then BSG popped back to SG1's numbers or better. I see that and think that some viewers were watching SG1, tuning out SGA, and the coming back for BSG. Or some viewers were only watching SG1 while another set came in just for BSG. Either way, it seems like SG1 has a stronger viewing audience while a chunk of those viewers aren't interested in SGA. So the similar ratings drop for SGA this season isn't surprising, just continuing the trend. :S

I also don't think SGA would last long without SG1. Looking at the ratings trend I think it would go one, two more seasons at most beyond SG1. :(

Should be interesting to see how BSG does in October. I think it's a strong enough show to easily stand on its own without the Stargates, but we'll have to wait and see.

Ltcolshepjumper
August 9th, 2006, 05:57 AM
It has to be the advertisement. some of the stories aren't that good but still, they are pretty good episodes. Its just that Eureka is promoted like crazy, even on ESPN but SG1 and SGA are promoted one every 3 hours. The thing is, no one knows about them! And they shouldn't have taken away SG1 Mondays.:mckay:

lily
August 9th, 2006, 06:35 AM
I dunno, I thought that BSG had the highest average ratings last season, followed by SG1 and SGA.

Average ratings

BSG - s2: 2.0 (http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/s2/ratings.shtml)
SGA - S2: 1.9 (http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/ratings.shtml)
SG-1 - s9: 1.8 (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/ratings.shtml)

freyr's mother
August 9th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Okay, I am getting hellapissed about this Neilsen rating crap. It is probably rigged. Does anyone know how to sign up so that they get polled?

Cpt. Ritter
August 9th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Sateda was an example of what Stargate Atlantis can be at its finest, gritty dark, full of action and drama. Jason Momoa stole the show, Joe Flanigan and Rachell Luttrell were also at their finest. Paul McGillion and David Hewlett, comedy duo extrodinare. I don't know exactly how these ratings work, but SGA should not be cancelled in its prime, especially after an episode like this.

I was expecting ratings to sore.. but they're not based on the quality of the episode, they're based on the number of people watching it at said time, this doesn't count Tivo or DVR etc... which is probably part of the problem.

I think the ratings system needs and overhaul... Tivo and DVR need to be counted, because they are viewers all the same, right?

FoolishPleasure
August 9th, 2006, 07:36 AM
BSG consistently had the highest ratings for SciFi on Fridays last season. In the battle of season finales, SGA came in last, which meant people were watching SG1, tuning out for an hour, and coming back for BSG, which doesn't look good.

Last year I found SG1 to be reinvigorated with new characters and new story arcs, and the first few episodes this season have been good, especially "Pegasus Project". SGA, on the other hand, seemed to fall into a black hole in the back half of season 2, with little or no character development at all. A lot of fans, including my husband, quit on the show.

Season 3 has started out strong and interviews with TPTB show they understand where they went wrong in season 2 and that they will develop the SGA characters more this season, but it may be too late. The interesting character improvements that we saw in "Sateda" should have been done early in season 2, and the whole "babe magnet" push during season 2 was a huge mistake, IMO.

ToasterOnFire
August 9th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Average ratings

BSG - s2: 2.0 (http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/s2/ratings.shtml)
SGA - S2: 1.9 (http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/ratings.shtml)
SG-1 - s9: 1.8 (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/ratings.shtml)
Ah, so SGA did have slightly higher overall ratings than SG1! And that trend is continuing - SGA has higher ratings than SG1 so far for s10/s3. Thank you for finding that! :)

Odd though - at the end of last season SG1 was consistently pulling in higher ratings and now SGA is higher. So that means SG1 has lost more of its overall viewership compared to SGA?

I still can't see SG1 and SGA being cancelled simultaneously. I imagine SG1 will bow out first, end of this season or next, and SGA will go as long as it can afterwards.

N8ball88
August 9th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I still don't think the shows will be cancelled yet. They need to do something to get the ratings higher though. I felt we should have better technology by now, and be more of a force in the galaxy. Instead we're back to square one against the Ori. I would have liked to see them skip the Ori for a season. Where are all of the Nick Ballard, Nox, Tollen, Mini-Jack, Cassie, etc shows? Also, we haven't found enough in Atlantis yet. They said they've searched half of it so far, but what do they really have to show for it?

Mattathias2.0
August 9th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I think the low ratings are due to many different factors...

(1) Advertising. I would figure with SG-1 meeting it's 200 mark within a couple of weeks - they would be advertising the heck out of it. But what do they do? They air a sneak peak during one of their new shows, Eureka. Whether others may be interested in this show, I have no interest myself.

(2) Time slot. I notice that even with BSG not airing with SG-1 and SGA, they pushed the time slot back for both shows. The time slot it currently is in now makes it difficult for me to watch both, esp. SGA.

(3) Cast changes. I emphisize this all the time.

Mattathias

Noneareleft
August 9th, 2006, 09:31 AM
You know another thing to consider, well at least where I live in Myrtle Beach SC.
School started a week ago last year, this year they are starting two weeks later.
Myrtle Beach is a popular tourist destination, so I think a lot of people are still on summer vacation. We are still extreamly busy around here normally it is slowing down by now.

I still say they should show the shows on NBC as well, show them a week later on thursday or something. That way we can watch the shows on back to back days. They should at least advertise them on NBC.
Bring back SG mondays as well. They could do 2+2 episodes each.

Just a thought.

pattirose
August 9th, 2006, 09:48 AM
You know another thing to consider, well at least where I live in Myrtle Beach SC.
School started a week ago last year, this year they are starting two weeks later.
Myrtle Beach is a popular tourist destination, so I think a lot of people are still on summer vacation. We are still extreamly busy around here normally it is slowing down by now.

I still say they should show the shows on NBC as well, show them a week later on thursday or something. That way we can watch the shows on back to back days. They should at least advertise them on NBC.
Bring back SG mondays as well. They could do 2+2 episodes each.

Just a thought.

I totally agree, it needs to be on network tv with reruns on cable and more advertising. I see hardly any advertising of it anywhere mainstream.

It wouldn't surprise me if they cancelled it, they cancel everything I like and I think SG1 and STA are the best shows that have been on tv in the past 20 years.
It's all reality tv now, the episodes are cheap to make and that seems to be what people want. More people voted in American Idol than the US election - that says alot.

lily
August 9th, 2006, 10:37 AM
So that means SG1 has lost more of its overall viewership compared to SGA?

Well, I can't talk on the behalf of other fans. I can only say what happened to me.

I used to be an SG-1 fan. I watched SGA's pilot because it was an SG-1 spin-off, but wasn't sure what to expect. Man, it blew me away! I loved Shep since the very first second, and I loved the story, and got hooked on SGA from that very first second.

At first I loved both shows equally, but as the time went by, I started to lose interest in SG-1 until I finally got to the point where I didn't care for ANY of the SG-1 characters (even the ones that used to be faves of mine), the actors, the stories, anything. So I stopped watching SG-1. And I should add that I don't think it's just the new stuff. I own the seasons on DVD, and tried to watch earlier SG-1 seasons after I got hooked on SGA. I realized that I had lost interest in earlier SG-1 seasons as well.

On the other hand, my love for SGA kept getting bigger and bigger. I loved seasons 1 and 2, and I believe season 3 is the best yet. I adore SGA: its feeling, the premise, the stories, the actors and characters. My top fave is Shep/Joe Flanigan, but I really love all the other characters VERY much. The show has a wonderful main cast as well as great recurring people.

No offense intended to any SG-1 fan, but personally I really don't care whether SG-1 is renewed or not. If there's a season 11, great for the show's fans. But I won't mind if SG-1 is cancelled.

All I want is the renewal of SGA.

Pawe
August 9th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Beautiful words. I realise that the fans of the show (and by fans I mean people like us, who hang on the 'net and write things on forums, talk about characters etc.) are somehow upset by the low ratings of the tenth season of SG-1 and third season of SGA...

But I have to say one thing that you won't like. We're all biased about Stargate. Come on! Look at the weekly polls on Gateworld, it's almost 40% every single week that people think that the episode was worth full 10 points, which means it was excellent... Yeah right...

While I do like SG-1 myself and SGA a lot (more than SG-1 to be honest), SG-1 has been sub-par from season 8 onwards. I know, many of you will probably disagree with my opinion.. but ninth season sucked. I don't like Mitchell's character and I think that Vala is kinda "bleh". I almost placed a bet that the show won't be going for tenth season... but it did... somehow...

What am I trying to say? What's my point? Put away your fanboy/fangirl attitude and take a different perspective. Compare new seasons to the old ones. And then, in all pure honesty, say which ones of them were better.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see seasons eleven and four... but so far, season ten has been boring. Season three didn't offer anything new either. It's like "let's tell the same stories with different planets!" -theme has been going for the past few years.

Other than that, consider this option too. Last year they had Battlestar Galactica *after* SG-1, SGA, right? Perhaps people that used to watch Galactica, tuned in a couple hours before it (just because "there's some nice scifi going on") to watch SG-1 and SGA "for fun", so to speak. Now that Galactica will premiere in October... who knows, maybe then we'll get some boost to SG-1 and SGA.

Personally, if I would *have* to choose between SG-1/SGA and Galactica... I would choose the latter. But that's just me. Anyway. Not ranting, not trying to blame anyone here, nor trying to flame about fanboys/fangirls (hell, I'm one of them myself!). I'm just merely trying to point out a couple of things that *should* be taken into consideration while we watch our (favourite) show. :cool:

Elinor
August 9th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Gotta agree with you there lily!

I loved SG1 right up to s7, but then it started to get a bit dull for me, although I did watch all of s8. Watched about 5 episodes into s9, but it really didn't grab me any more and, I must admit, I stopped watching it. I've dipped in a couple of times since, but it just doesn't entertain like Atlantis does.

I adore the characters in Atlantis, especially Sheppy for me as well, and the storylines have been excellent so far in s3.

It's really getting goin' now and I love the team feel to the episodes so far and 'Sateda' was just fantastic!

:)

Falcon Horus
August 9th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Fans -> people who love a certain show but never seemed satisfied about it.

Aren't we supposed to stick with our shows through the good and the bad episodes?

Of course, it is not up to us whether a show lives or dies but we can make it a hit and keep it from dying.

I think it's way too early to talk about cancellation, for either shows. We've just started the new seasons, shouldn't we see how they end?

Anyway, I'm not giving up on them...

LORD MONK
August 9th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I think the Nielson rating system is one big joke. They give the high numbers to the shows they want to push for the advertising. It's all one big scam. First off do you know anyone on the nielson ratings system. I don't and I know a boat load of people from all over America. Not only do I not know of one person but I don't know of one that does. For something to be acurate don't you think I should know at least one person or know of one person that knows someone that is.

For the week that aired the Pegasus Project SG-1 scored an A rating and Ureka scored a C rating. It's like the Star System. (my brother told me this. He read it in a mag.)

caty
August 9th, 2006, 12:43 PM
What's an A rating and a C rating???

BTW: I don't think it is too early to talk about cancelation... They make the decision whether to renew the Stargates soon and won't wait for the seasons to end.
Plus, I don't think they'll bounce back for the ratings to be satisfying over the whole season...
Not with no advertisement and the time spot they're airing... :(

Arative
August 9th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I think the Nielson rating system is one big joke. They give the high numbers to the shows they want to push for the advertising. It's all one big scam. First off do you know anyone on the nielson ratings system. I don't and I know a boat load of people from all over America. Not only do I not know of one person but I don't know of one that does. For something to be acurate don't you think I should know at least one person or know of one person that knows someone that is.

For the week that aired the Pegasus Project SG-1 scored an A rating and Ureka scored a C rating. It's like the Star System. (my brother told me this. He read it in a mag.)

Well there is only about 5000 people that have a Nielson box, so that chances of you knowing one of the 5000 people out of 300 million is fairly slim. Plus there is another 10000 people or so with diaries that are hand written.

I don't think there is any one reason why ratings are down this year. I think it is a combinations of things, no BSG, different time slots, stiffer competition, no advertising, viewer fatigue. But I think ratings will have to sink lower for Sci-fi to cancel it.

caty
August 9th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Well there is only about 5000 people that have a Nielson box, so that chances of you knowing one of the 5000 people out of 300 million is fairly slim. Plus there is another 10000 people or so with diaries that are hand written.

I don't think there is any one reason why ratings are down this year. I think it is a combinations of things, no BSG, different time slots, stiffer competition, no advertising, viewer fatigue. But I think ratings will have to sink lower for Sci-fi to cancel it.

5000? So that means, if every person that owns a Nielson Box watches - lets say - the Super Bowl, they'd count it as if 300 Million people in the US watch it?
That's just ridiculous! The ratio changes drastically if just one person that owns a box is indisposed...
Why don't they just issue more? I'll never get it. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/caty84/sheppardanime27.gif

bluealien
August 9th, 2006, 01:17 PM
I have no intererst really at all in SG1. I watched it years ago but it has just lost any appeal it had for me now and even the characters I used to like don't interest me anymore.

I'm also NOT a fan of BSG at all. The first season had its moments but after that it just went downhill for me. BSG has also suffered a huge drop in ratings since it first aired and I know severel people who don't watch it now and used to rave about it when it first aired.

I still think that SGA has loads of potential and a cast that I still really care about. I love most of them to death and I think season three has started out really well and from spoilers we've had, we are in for some more great eps in the future. I think TPTB lost their way a little in season two and we are probably suffering for it a little now but they seem to be doing their best to fix the problems. Weirs characterizion was far too inconsistant and they made Sheppard a bit too laid back when he could have done with more meaty dialogue and situations.

I still enjoyed season two but I am glad that they are giving Sheppard back some fire - something he seemed to lose in season two when the writers turned him into Weirs yes man.

Progeny and Common Ground sound like really good episodes so I'm still pretty confident that the ratings will improve and the show will carry on for many more years.

jenks
August 9th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Well, if the emo writers quit the arc of making every stargate show so dark, I think things would be a bit better. First with Secret Nazi Atlantis, then with SG-1 and the controversial Daniel arc... no good!

That and no BSG Anchor...

But the plot.. seriously, I almost didn't watch Stargate this season cuz of how s2 went... Michael was a bit too nazi for me.

.. but Progeny.. Mmmm... sounds so tasty

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term 'nazi' then?

caty
August 9th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term 'nazi' then?

Obviously not, but this is probably the wrong place to go into that ;)

bluealien: I second everything you said!

ParadoxRealities
August 9th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I think the low ratings are due to many different factors...

(1) Advertising. I would figure with SG-1 meeting it's 200 mark within a couple of weeks - they would be advertising the heck out of it. But what do they do? They air a sneak peak during one of their new shows, Eureka. Whether others may be interested in this show, I have no interest myself.actually, for the money a promotion during Eureka is very good. it premiered with a 3.2, well above anything stargate ever got, i believe, especially in s9 and 10. because it's new Eureka's been getting a lot of add time; it makes sense.

guys, Neilsen's been around for a very long time. it's well respected, and while it may not be completely accurate, it's inaccurate relatively equally. it's not intentionally rigged. don't forget, this is the same system that showed SG-1s high ratings in past seasons. also, it's not surprising you've never heard of a Neilsen family, they're not supposed to tell people that they are. if they do, they're data is thrown out. i also think their cross-section is a lot larger. something like 10,000 meters and 1.6 million diaries.

Sateda's ratings may also better reflect Irresistible. people tuned in for that last week, decided they didn't like it, and didn't tune in again this week. just a thought.

LORD MONK
August 9th, 2006, 01:33 PM
What's an A rating and a C rating???

BTW: I don't think it is too early to talk about cancelation... They make the decision whether to renew the Stargates soon and won't wait for the seasons to end.
Plus, I don't think they'll bounce back for the ratings to be satisfying over the whole season...
Not with no advertisement and the time spot they're airing... :(
Entertainment weekly, I think. It rated the show and not how many people watched it. It gave Ureka a C and Stargate an A.

A=4
B=3
C=2
D=1
F=0

A report card rating system.

caty
August 9th, 2006, 01:35 PM
actually, for the money a promotion during Eureka is very good. it premiered with a 3.2, well above anything stargate ever got, i believe, especially in s9 and 10. because it's new Eureka's been getting a lot of add time; it makes sense.

Atlantis also premiered with a 3.2... They had advertisement back then, too..

LORD MONK
August 9th, 2006, 01:38 PM

And this is accurate, how? It is one big joke and the joke is on the Advertisers put on by the networks.

But I just gave you all of this money because you said you had this many viewers.
Networs; suckers

senordingdong
August 9th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I would say it's a combination of things.

My 2 cents on the matter.

*Dissapointement alot of fans had with season 9 stoped them tuning into 10 full stop.
-that said RDA is gone
-not everyone loved Mitchell
-Vala is now a full time character. (I know some like her but ALOT hated her since season 9)
*Atlantis' quality sank dramatically in season 2.

But even with these 'problems' the show is still great, but there is the matter of the air time changing. The shows now have to compete with other good shows. People downloading new episodes. Not enough advertising.

Personally I think the delay of the second half is good for a few reasons, all of which should help the shows.
*everyone get's a chance to catch up with both shows.
*the show won't have to compete with Monk and the other good shows.
*Galactica will be back and that should make more tune in.
*more advertising can be done
*new strategies can be thought up like how to get rating from TiVo or iTunes or different air times...over here, the shows air mid-week, tuesday and or wednsday. Sci Fi could learn from this, heck...even Sunday.

I personally don't believe that Sci-Fi want the show to end, there's no reason for it.

rarocks24
August 9th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Hell, I'd do the CGI for free if I knew how. Honestly, I don't think fans are willing to go the extra mile. I also think it has something to do with THE TIMESLOT. Brad Wright should be hounding SciFi to get it up, and I hope that Battlestar Galactica will help out Stargate somehow.

I also think it has something to do with the fact that the fans are tivoing it, and I don't particularly blame them. Not all of us are home on a Friday night.

stargaitor
August 9th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Hell, I'd do the CGI for free if I knew how. Honestly, I don't think fans are willing to go the extra mile. I also think it has something to do with THE TIMESLOT. Brad Wright should be hounding SciFi to get it up, and I hope that Battlestar Galactica will help out Stargate somehow.

I also think it has something to do with the fact that the fans are tivoing it, and I don't particularly blame them. Not all of us are home on a Friday night.

I don't think Brad Wright has a lot of say in the matter. It's Sony/MGM that should be hounding them.

But, I agree about the tivo

hutchi4
August 9th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I used to be a huge fan of stargate SG1 but as soon as season 9 started I just lost interest but SGA when I saw the first episode I just got hooked I never miss out on a single episode;) I just hope it doesn't get cancelled. I found sateda was a great episode I loved we need more episodes like that.;)

The_Fifth
August 9th, 2006, 05:59 PM
why u hate sg1 =( ? i love both shows

freyr's mother
August 9th, 2006, 06:31 PM
why u hate sg1 =( ? i love both shows
Yeah, whats only in Atlantis that appeals to you (directed at the person The_Fifth was quoting)? They have basically the same stuff. Technobabble, action, characters in jepoardy, nice long story arcs.

MediaSavant
August 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM

You are operating off of old and inaccurate information. There used to be 5000 households with national peoplemeters. Households does not equal people. There's more than one person per household.

Either way, it's old news. Nielsen has been increasing their sample and those are not the current numbers. It's more than double that now.

The diaries are irrelevant to this discussion. Diaries are used for local ratings only. Not national. Not part of the ratings you see for the show. Not part of the ratings SciFi uses.

Arative
August 10th, 2006, 05:13 AM
You are operating off of old and inaccurate information. There used to be 5000 households with national peoplemeters. Households does not equal people. There's more than one person per household.

Either way, it's old news. Nielsen has been increasing their sample and those are not the current numbers. It's more than double that now.

The diaries are irrelevant to this discussion. Diaries are used for local ratings only. Not national. Not part of the ratings you see for the show. Not part of the ratings SciFi uses.

My mistake, last time I actually checked lots of years ago, it was 5000 households. Today, according to the Neilson website, there are approximately 25000 metered households. During sweeps weeks, they collect 1.6 million hand written diaries. So Nielson has 25000 households, which will represent the approximate 109 million viewing households. The meters of course do not take into account households with multiple tv's. In today's digital world, neilson is woefully outdated, cable companies themselves could provide better metering of what is viewed just by making some software changes to their cable boxes, probably couldn't collect demographic data but could report what's viewed.

Here is a link with info on nielson's measuring techniques.
http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/portal/site/Public/menuitem.55dc65b4a7d5adff3f65936147a062a0/?vgnextoid=096047f8b5264010VgnVCM100000880a260aRCRD

MediaSavant
August 10th, 2006, 05:24 AM
The meters of course do not take into account households with multiple tv's.

Wrong. They will connect a meter to every TV in the household (and VCR or DVR).

In today's digital world, neilson is woefully outdated, cable companies themselves could provide better metering of what is viewed just by making some software changes to their cable boxes, probably couldn't collect demographic data but could report what's viewed.

Theoretically, they could, but not every household has cable--about 15% of all households have neither cable or satellite. Not every cable household has an addressable box. The cable companies would have to invest in the technology both on a software and manpower end. And, while Nielsen's method prevents counting TV's that are on, but no one is watching (because people have to punch in and prove they are there), just counting a TV that is on doesn't prove anyone is in front of the screen. My cable box is controlled by my TiVo and is on all the time--even switching channels while I'm not home, as the TiVo records various things. That doesn't mean I'm watching it. I also don't get around to watching everything the Tivo records.

The industry will only accept a system that has some control over proving a human being is in the room and will provide an estimate of the demographics of those people. Or else it's not acceptable as ratings currency.

Lot's of methodological issues that would have to be dealt with before implementation.

Wordsmit2
August 10th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Not necessarily. The SGA ratings so far have followed the same trend as the SG-1 ones, so it seems to me they have a lot of the same audience (but that's not really surprising). I think if SG-1 gets cancelled, like sooooo many people have been crying out for recently, all it means is that the Atlantis ratings would take another major hit, as people who watched SG-1 stop watching the channel, meaning it would probably only lead to one more season of SGA after the current one before it also gets cancelled.

I think you're absolutely right. Most of the people I know who watch SG-1 *watch* it, then leave on the TV and putter about while Atlantis is on. If there's an interesting scene they'll stop and watch it, then they'll drift off again.

I would like to see Sci-Fi exchange SG1 and SGA for a month and see what happens. It could be informative.

Wordsmit2
August 10th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Odd though - at the end of last season SG1 was consistently pulling in higher ratings and now SGA is higher. So that means SG1 has lost more of its overall viewership compared to SGA?

A simpler interpretation would be SG-1 tends to start weak compared to Atlantis, but Atlantis finishes weak compared to SG-1.

buzlighty1
August 10th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I'd watch it in canada if both of them were on in canada one right after the other rather then downloading it.

Wordsmit2
August 10th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Sateda's ratings may also better reflect Irresistible. people tuned in for that last week, decided they didn't like it, and didn't tune in again this week. just a thought.

Yeah, it's a problem. If people don't like an episode, and the trailers for the next week's episode look good, they're still likely to not bother to tune in. If people *do* like an episode, and the trailer for the next week's episode looks bad, again they may not to bother to tune in, not because of bad feeling, but because they vaguely remember they didn't like the look of the advertised episode.

So you need an episode of a certain qualilty plus a trailer for an episode that looks to be of similar quality, before you can regard the ratings with much confidence. That's why shows are not weighed on one episode's rating, but several episodes'.

Oreo
August 10th, 2006, 06:46 AM
They will not cancel both Stargates, Sci-fi will need at least one. So SG-1 will most likely get dumped because it's ratings are even worse. I think people, including the writers, are all Stargated out, just like Star Trek.

Jeyla4ever
August 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I've read a lot of these posts lately. Not much on posting myself, but what someone wrote about fans losing interest struck me. Because I was one of those fans.

I wasn't ever a big fan of SG1. My mom watched it and so I would watch it on occasion. But I've watched SGA for the most part since the first episode. I did miss some of the first half of S2 (6 eps), because I forgot to watch it. Just wasn't appealing to me. I got back into it right before the winter break and finished watching the season. And after the finale, I wasn't sure I was going to watch it this season. I was like well that was crap and I don't think I'm gonna watch next season. But I decided to give it a chance after I bought and rewatched S1. I fell in love with the show all over again. And aside from Irresistible, which I found highly unamusing, I think this season's been pretty good. Despite ratings, which I think should be taken with a grain of salt. I seriously contemplated not watching after Irresistible, but I'm glad I did. Because I thought Sateda was great. Probably the best this season so far.

The way I see it, if SciFi wants to get rid of SG, then they are. Regardless of ratings and fans. No use getting worked up over it. I've been there and done that with other shows I've loved and have gotten cancelled. I've been angry at networks/production, etc. because of it. SciFi knows they have the fanbase for these two shows. My grandmother in her advance stages of Alzheimer's knows it. And it would be a huge mistake if they do cancel both shows. I can see SG1 being cancelled just because it's told its story, but SGA has a lot of potential. And despite how dense we the fans think SciFi is, they know they'll be losing a HUGE fanbase. I say just take it one episode at a time, and pray it doesn't end up with no ending like Firefly.

And BSG can suck my big toe! I personally don't see why this show is SciFi's golden child. I couldn't get into it. I tried. Watched about 20 minutes of it. It wasn't for me I guess. But then again my heart probably lies with the original. Back when cylons weren't blonde, leggy and seductively clad models! But that's just me, and obviously not everyone feels that way.
I like the way you think...

well, I was trying to find the other thread with the email address but didn't find it..but I am so new at this stuff and really know nothing about it..all I know is that I've heard that SGA might get cancelled and I LOVE this show too much to just sit back and not let my voice be heard...not only is it one of the four or five shows that I watch on TV is the only one that I am committed to...and that I love..I love everything about it and I love all of the characters and I think it has great potential....and I would hate Scifi forever for doing such a horrendous thing...

so, I've chatted with a person who knows more about this than I do..and basically it is about ratings..it's about money...and SGA costs a lot of money to make and advertise..and if SCIFI can bring in viewers with poor quality shows like Eureka and others..they will....so, if you are going to write to Scifi telling them that you like SGA is not going to be enough...too many times, the corporate gurus know that they will cater to the latest....they need to know that this new generation of viewers do have a choice..and they care about our viewers..not the shows...

so, here are some addresses and some info that I got from a friend who knows a lot more than I do...emails isn't going to cut it...mail does...

These addresses come from the Internet list of business addresses. The
> ones on gateworld are from an old campaign to save an old show and reflect
> USA Network as Sci-Fi's parent company. In fact, Sci-Fi and USA now belong
> to NBC Universal. You can see this on Sci-Fi's terms of service agreement,
> where it says "us", "we" means NBC Universal, meaning your aggreement is in
> fact with NBC Universal. And if you want a jolt, click the link and see
> what NBC Universal owns. I had a "big brother" moment. All NBC stations,
> MSNBC, Bravo, Universal Studios, and a bucket load of other networks report
> to this conglomerate. Which in turn is owned by GE. Yeah...GE....

Addresses:
> Bonnie Hammer, President
> The Sci-Fi Channel
> 30 Rockefeller Plaza
> New York, NY 10112
> U.S.A.
>
> &
>
> Mark Stern, EVP Original Programming
> The Sci-Fi Channel
> 30 Rockefeller Plaza
> New York, NY 10112
> U.S.A.
>
>
> NBC Universal addresses...
> Jeff Zucker
> Chief Executive Officer, NBC Universal Television Group
> NBC Universal Television
> 100 Universal City Plaza
> Universal City, CA 91608
>
> Jay Ireland
> President, NBC Universal Television Stations
> NBC Universal Television
> 100 Universal City Plaza
> Universal City, CA 91608

Paraphrasing my friend...SCIFI executives don't give a CRAP about quality shows....they care about making a profit....
Shows like Eureka..and other scifi shows cost a lot less than Stargate... why pay a million plus per ep for Stargate? But if we let them know that we don't like their current shows and ideas and that they will loose viewers all together...if they loose their quality shows..then they will listen... In the words of my friend, "If they figure out people won't care that the less expensive "silver" cable package doesn't have the Sci-Fi channel because the Stargates are gone, they'll pay attention."

Mention in your letter this and also mention that you care about quality shows...and they will loose you and your family as a viewers...also write about their hiatus idea and how it will affect them as well...

In the end, someone here wrote that it's not the fans fault and you are absolutely right...it is their fault..but basically if they know that you will come back to view their channel, they won't care about Stargate or any other show getting cancelled.....

The letter should not be insulting but it should be professional, sincere and cold in your feelings...

okay, hope this helps some of you as it did me....

Lazymutant
August 11th, 2006, 03:34 PM

VB
will you stop with these posts already!!! every tv show on tv has their "bad" episodes... it in no way means that this will be the last season of SGA

Skydiver
August 13th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Ok folks, we are streamlining the ratings discussion. If you want to talk about the ratings generally, go to this thread in the general discussion area http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29646 .

If you want to discuss season 10 ratings only, please go here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=32556 .

If your want to discuss Atlantis season 3 ratings only, please go here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=32557

If you want to discuss negative only, please go to the appropriate anti/negative thread. If you want to discuss pro only, please go to the appropriate pro thread.

Any extra threads will be closed or merged into an appropriate thread. From now on, instead of posting the ratings in news, please post them in the appropriate thread

Mitchell82
August 13th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I'm not concerend. The show is getting really good and I don't think we have anything to worry about. I don't wasnt a show in it's prime to get canned. SG-1 and SGA have so much more to do!

lissa1000
August 13th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Ok folks, we are streamlining the ratings discussion.
Wow, it looks like the mods earned their keep today. Dealing with all the ratings threads looks like a massive amount of work.

morjana
August 13th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Ratings for "Irresistible" and "The Pegasus Project"

From SciFi Wire:

ECW-------------------------2.4 -Tsk, tsk, tsk
Eureka----------------------2.1
Stargate Atlantis-----------1.5 - "Irresistible"
Stargate SG-1---------------1.5 - "Pegasus Project"
Stan Lee's Lightspeed-------1.2
Nightstalker----------------1.1
Dark Angel------------------1.0
Star Trek: First Contact----1.0
Dead Like Me----------------0.9
Stargate (The Movie)--------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 7/24/06 -- 7/30/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

GreyFox
August 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
to 1.6

best in S3
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/week5ratingsreboundslightl.shtml

i predict 200 will get a 1.8-2.7

Lord of Nightmares
August 15th, 2006, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't exactly say the ratings are soaring, though they are indeed an improvement over those for the past few episodes. I'm personally hoping that '200' will average 1.8-2.0.

Mitchell82
August 15th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't exactly say the ratings are soaring, though they are indeed an improvement over those for the past few episodes. I'm personally hoping that '200' will average 1.8-2.0.
That be nice, and at least the same for The Real World!

[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
August 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
aleast a 2.0 thats what i am hoping for

theonebluegecko
August 15th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah a 2.0 (or better) would be cool. But I am glad that it is at least up.

vaberella
August 15th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Definitely a few came on board because they heard great things about Sateda and they missed that. It's like backlash, I think, more than waiting on this ep..although there was a great deal of talk about the Asurans..

tears of blood
August 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM
that was an amazing episode

my reaction to what happened when the atlantis city was being blown away by the wraith piece by piece and all the other stuff
was depressingi really assumed they did get away and well i felt :( since it was depressing that scene, but then what happened after well it was alright since it really didnt happen lol

caty
August 16th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Woah, don't get your hopes up for the 200th episode...

Do they advertise it on other networks? Because only if they do that, people (casual viewers) are gonna know about it and have a chance to tune in...

doylefan22
August 16th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Progeny was an entertaining episode with a good twist that was well played so hopefully it'll convince people to keep coming back.

Also, do these ratings include audience share or just raw numbers?

Doctor Who here in the UK was getting around 6 million viewers some nights and 9 million others, but if you look at the audience share it got it was always around 35-40%. Because it's summer the raw ratings tend to go down.

CHEL NAK GUY
August 16th, 2006, 03:24 AM
IMO the best SGA episode so far. Judging by the ratings others thout quite simular to me.

ussrelativity
August 16th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I'll try and see if I can get a chance to watch the episode.

Descent
August 16th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Soaring? Not really, especially when ECW is still beating out the gates in ratings. *curses under breath* But at least Atlantis is leading the Stargate ratings. :sheppard:

ReganX
August 16th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Hopefully Atlantis will continue to do well. I'd definitely like to see more than three seasons - I need to get my hands on Season Two before Season Three starts on Sky One, though, or I'll be completely lost.

vaberella
August 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Soaring? Not really, especially when ECW is still beating out the gates in ratings. *curses under breath* But at least Atlantis is leading the Stargate ratings. :sheppard:
ECW beats out everything...wherever wrestling goes...wrestling kicks butt and gets money...that's why so many cable channels have wrestling. I just wonked out that it comes AFTER Eureka. It's sort of like 'urgh?!' It works better after a skiffy B movie---wait can we call those movies B?---mutters to myself: 'scorpions in a plane..what kind of crap is that?!'

ussrelativity
August 16th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I still strongly believe that there should be much better advertising not only of quantity, but of quality. The trailers for SG-1 and Atlantis should be much better than they are currently.

Has anyone compared the SCIFI trailers for SG-1 as opposed to the trailers in syndication? I saw the syndication version trailer for "Prometheus Unbound" and compared it to the SCIFI one, and the "Prometheus Unbound" syndcation version was far better. The same goes for Atlantis. I haven't seen syndication trailers for Atlantis in a long time, but the one I did see for "Childhood's End" was a lot better than the one on SCIFI. I think also if there was better quality advertising in addition to better promotion, the shows can do better. The writing has improved and the show ambience is much nicer.

Descent
August 16th, 2006, 10:36 AM
ECW beats out everything...wherever wrestling goes...wrestling kicks butt and gets money...that's why so many cable channels have wrestling. I just wonked out that it comes AFTER Eureka. It's sort of like 'urgh?!' It works better after a skiffy B movie---wait can we call those movies B?---mutters to myself: 'scorpions in a plane..what kind of crap is that?!'

Still...ECW doesn't have a place on Sci-Fi, how do those two go together, just baffles me to no end. And hey, some of those B movies are entertaining...like that recent one with Sean Patrick Flanery. :ronan:

Anyways, when compared to how Atlantis did back in Season Two these ratings are still sub-par. :mckay:

ussrelativity
August 16th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I still don't understand how ECW can be on SCIFI. At least the network benefits from it, I guess.

vaberella
August 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I still don't understand how ECW can be on SCIFI. At least the network benefits from it, I guess.
It has nothing to do with scifi...but it brings in money so they do it. Have you seen the late night commercials advertising sex by phone on scifi?! What does that have to do with scifi..and on at about what? 10-12 pm when some kids are still up. Not even USA or TBS has sex adverstisements. Obviously they need the funds.

PG15
August 16th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Woah, don't get your hopes up for the 200th episode...

Do they advertise it on other networks? Because only if they do that, people (casual viewers) are gonna know about it and have a chance to tune in...

I don't know about other networks, but there's been a lot of talk about it in newspapers and other scifi websites and stuff.

Definately more than any Stargate episode I've seen.

Wordsmit2
August 18th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Hopefully Atlantis will continue to do well. I'd definitely like to see more than three seasons - I need to get my hands on Season Two before Season Three starts on Sky One, though, or I'll be completely lost.

I find this quote more than a little disturbing. What proportion of the people in this thread are judging Atlantis a good show without having seen the last, say, twenty episodes?

What I see elsewhere is contempt and indignation. What I see in this thread is adoration. The dissonance is bewildering.

morjana
August 18th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I find this quote more than a little disturbing. What proportion of the people in this thread are judging Atlantis a good show without having seen the last, say, twenty episodes?

What I see elsewhere is contempt and indignation. What I see in this thread is adoration. The dissonance is bewildering.

I watch every episode on SciFi Channel, and I watch every episode in Syndication a year later. And I watch ALL the episodes, whether they're the third or fourth repeat...

I like SGA very much. Of course I LOVE SG1.

Morjana

doylefan22
August 19th, 2006, 02:11 AM

But that's always the way in nearly every sci-fi show. Look at the polls on the main website and see how people are rating the episodes. Generally 'good' and above. It is just on most messageboards the voice of the disgruntled tends to ring louder than those who are okay with the show and are enjoying it.

I know one messageboard where, to read it, you'd think Doctor Who was the worst show ever and everybody hated it. Yet it gets 6-9million viewers and a very good response from the public in general.

I've come to accept over the years that overzealous contempt and indignation are rampant in most fandoms. Those of us who actually enjoy watching the shows just have to put up with the insults (against us and the show!) and get on with watching it.

caty
August 19th, 2006, 06:35 AM

I don't think there are many people at all in here that haven't seen the last 20 episodes..
And I think it's my own right to adore the show as much as I want to. There's no dissonance in that.. The fact that the first 5 episodes of Season 3 are quality ways so much better than what we got in Season 2 is the reason why many of us are starting to love the show again..
So the fact that we have seen the last episode is the reason for our adoration. Still don't get what's wrong with that, anyway. It doesn't mean we can't be critical. There's just not much to be critical about so far, IMO..

So all in all, I really don't get your problem...

morjana
August 20th, 2006, 09:40 PM
SciFi Wire: Ratings for "Sateda":

From SciFi Wire:

ECW-------------------------------2.4 - Tsk, Tsk, Tsk
Eureka-----------------------------2.1
Stargate Atlantis-------------------1.4 - "Sateda"
Stargate SG-1----------------------1.3 - "Insiders"
Timeline----------------------------1.2
Dead Like Me-----------------------1.0
Who Wants to Be a Superhero?------1.0
Big Fish----------------------------0.9
Black Hole-------------------------0.9
Dark Angel-------------------------0.8 - Hmmmmm

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 7/31/06 -- 8/6/06

(*)|(*)|(*)|(*)

Morjana

Xellos205
August 21st, 2006, 09:25 AM
Hope things will pick and will see the ratings we had during season 8 of Sg1 and First season of Atlantis.

morjana
August 27th, 2006, 08:40 PM
SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: Ratings for "Uninvited" & "Progeny"

From SciFi Wire:

ECW--------------------------------2.1
Eureka-----------------------------2.0
Stargate Atlantis------------------1.6 - "Progeny"
Savage Planet----------------------1.5
Stargate SG-1----------------------1.4 - "Uninvited"
Who Wants to Be a Superhero?-------1.2
Tornado: Nature Unleashed----------1.0
Volcano: Nature Unleashed----------0.9
Dead Like Me-----------------------0.9
Avalanche: Nature Unleashed--------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 8/7/06 -- 8/13/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Aw...Dark Angel didn't make the top ten. That's just so...sad. NOT!

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

morjana
September 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: Ratings for "200" and "Real World":

From SciFI Wire:

ECW--------------------------------2.2
Eureka------------------------------2.0
Stargate SG-1 ("200")---------------1.9
Stargate Atlantis--------------------1.8 - "Real World"
SCI FI Inside: SG-1 "200"------------1.5
Jeepers Creepers 2------------------1.3
Who Wants to Be a Superhero?------1.3
Dead Like Me-----------------------1.1
Cabin Fever-------------------------1.1
Snake King--------------------------1.1

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 8/14/06 -- 8/20/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

NOTE: "Dark Angel" ends its run in September and is replaced by "Tales of the Darkside" beginning in October.

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

morjana
September 10th, 2006, 08:52 PM
SciFi Wire: Ratings for "Common Ground"
From SciFi Wire:

ECW-------------------------2.2
Eureka----------------------2.0
Final Destination-----------1.6
Dragon Sword----------------1.6
Stargate Atlantis-----------1.6 - "Common Ground"
Stargate SG-1---------------1.5 - "Counterstrike"
Thirteen Ghosts-------------1.2
Boo-------------------------1.2
Freddy vs. Jason------------1.1
Stir of Echoes--------------1.0

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 8/21/06 -- 8/27/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

morjana
September 24th, 2006, 08:44 PM
SciFi Wire ratings for "McKay and Mrs. Miller":

From SciFi Wire:

ECW--------------------------2.0
Eureka-----------------------1.9
Stargate Atlantis------------1.6 - "McKay and Mrs. Miller"
Stargate SG-1----------------1.6 - "Memento Mori"
Sasquatch Mountain-----------1.4
Dark Angel-------------------1.0
Dead Like Me-----------------1.0
Beast of Bray Road-----------1.0
Sasquatch Hunters------------1.0
Sasquatch--------------------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 9/4/06 -- 9/10/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

morjana
October 1st, 2006, 08:46 PM
SciFi Wire: Ratings for "Phantoms":

From SciFi Wire:

Eureka-------------------2.1
ECW----------------------1.8
Stargate Atlantis--------1.6 - "Phantoms"
Stargate SG-1------------1.5 - "Company of Thieves"
Dead Like Me-------------1.1
Shapeshifter-------------1.1
Prophecy 4---------------1.0
Prophecy 5---------------1.0
Dark Angel---------------0.9
Hercules part two--------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 9/11/06 -- 9/17/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

morjana
October 8th, 2006, 08:44 PM
SciFi Wire: Ratings for "The Return, Part 1":

From SciFi Wire:

Stargate SG-1---------------------1.7 - "The Quest, Part 1"
Stargate Atlantis------------------1.6 - "The Return, Part 1"
ECW------------------------------1.5
Eureka----------------------------1.4
Kraken: Tentacles of the Deep-----1.2
Dead Like Me----------------------0.9
Night Stalker----------------------0.9
Octopus--------------------------0.9
Octopus 2------------------------0.9
Timeline--------------------------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 9/18/06 -- 9/24/06

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

caty
October 8th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Wow, number one and two for the Stargates... Their ratings are fairly constant, but what's up with Wrestling having 1.5 and Eureka only 1.4?? Reruns? If not, that would be a huge ratings slip...

Linzi
October 9th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Wow, number one and two for the Stargates... Their ratings are fairly constant, but what's up with Wrestling having 1.5 and Eureka only 1.4?? Reruns? If not, that would be a huge ratings slip...
I agree, Caty. The ratings for Eureka and ECW are interesting. Let's hope the 'gates continue to build on ratings and come out on top. If anyone actually knows to watch in March...

Ouroboros
October 9th, 2006, 06:30 PM
So what kind of ratings did the BSG premiere get last week?

morjana
October 9th, 2006, 06:56 PM
So what kind of ratings did the BSG premiere get last week?

According to the press release reprinted at The Futon Critic, BSG's 3rd season premiere did quite well in the ratings:

From The Futon Critic:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20061009scifi01

10.09.06 - 06:33 PM]

'BATTLESTAR' SEASON 3 PREMIERE LEADS SCI FI TO TRIPLE-DIGIT RATINGS
GAINS

Released by Sci Fi

#1 Cable Series for the Night

'SCI FI Friday' Reasserts Dominance

New York, NY - October 9, 2006 - Building on the summer ratings heat
that brought SCI FI more than 15 million new viewers via its original
series 'Eureka,' 'Who Wants to Be A Superhero?' and 'ECW,' the
Channel kicked off the fall with the hotly-anticipated season 3
premiere of 'Battlestar Galactica' (October 6, 9-11pm ET/PT). In the
face of stiff competition, the two-hour opener was the #1 cable
series of the night. And in combination with its lead-ins, 'Heroes'
(rebroadcast @ 7pm) and 'Doctor Who' (new episode at 8pm), SCI FI
reasserted its dominance on Friday nights, with triple-digit demo
increases vs. 4Q05.

The 'Galactica' season 3 premiere delivered a 1.8 HH rating with 2.2
million total viewers (P2+) - out-delivering its season 2.5 average
in total viewers (+2%), P25-54 (+7%) and P18-49 (1.4 million, +4%).

SCI FI's 7pm-11pm SCI FI Friday lineup averaged a 1.4 HH rating, 1.7
million total viewers (P2+), 1.2 million P25-54s and 1.0 million P18-
49s. Compared to the same time period last year (4Q05), this reflects
increases of:

+93% in P2+

+75% in HH Ratings

+120% in P25-54

+134% in P18-49

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

caty
October 12th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Ok, down to this point I get it, but the rest is beyond me...

The 'Galactica' season 3 premiere delivered a 1.8 HH rating with 2.2
million total viewers (P2+) - out-delivering its season 2.5 average
in total viewers (+2%), P25-54 (+7%) and P18-49 (1.4 million, +4%).

SCI FI's 7pm-11pm SCI FI Friday lineup averaged a 1.4 HH rating, 1.7
million total viewers (P2+), 1.2 million P25-54s and 1.0 million P18-
49s. Compared to the same time period last year (4Q05), this reflects
increases of:

+93% in P2+

+75% in HH Ratings

+120% in P25-54

+134% in P18-49

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Chick Starbuck
October 13th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Ok, down to this point I get it, but the rest is beyond me...

It just means the even though the show didn't show very much growth from last year, it still managed to whoop every record Scifi ever had for those slots. Scifi's little game of splitting up the lineup sort of paid off for them, they get to charge full ad prices all year long, but all shows are suffereing some loss of viewers. If too many viewers run, the show get booted, in the case of SG-1.

expendable_crewman
October 13th, 2006, 08:40 AM
On the Save SG1 site, I read that the 1.8 ratings for BSG's premiere meant 30% fewer viewers tuned in for its season 3 premiere (last week) than for its season 2 premiere last year.

How does that get spun into the joyful numbers posted above?

A 30% loss of viewers would be tragic.

Source:
http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=422

sueKay
October 13th, 2006, 09:00 AM
So in reality there hasn't been a *huge* difference in BSG and Stargate ratings, but Sci Fi spins this rating in a positive light after criticising SG?

hardly fair.

Chick Starbuck
October 13th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Well, not really, because you're looking at the wrong numbers. BSG's second season premiered at 2.6 (a number that was oddly high), but the season closed with a 1.8. It stayed at 1.8 for the third premier. During the second seasons course, ratings leveled off at around that number. The big reason their spinning the numbers positively (besides managing good numbers in the fall, a first for them) is because it was the only one of the three to keep it's previously aired episode's audience. Both SG's fell dramatically from their 2/9 premiers to 2/9 finales, like BSG, but also from their 2/9 finales to 3/10 premiers, which BSG did not.

Sort of confusing, but whatever. I'm not a ratings mongul.

I was happy to hear that ratings for SG1/A's half season actually averaged higher than their premiers. I'm hoping that BSG does the same.

morjana
April 30th, 2007, 12:21 AM
SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: Ratings for week of 4/9/07 -- 4/15/07:

From SciFi Wire:

ECW------------------------1.7
Stargate SG-1--------------1.5 - "The Quest. Part 2"
The Stand part four---------1.4
Stargate Atlantis-----------1.4 - "The Return, Part 2"
Painkiller Jane--------------1.3
Clive Barker's Plague--------1.3
The Stand part three-------1.3
The Dresden Files----------1.2
The Stand part two--------1.2
The Stand part one--------1.1

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 4/9/07 -- 4/15/07

morjana
May 6th, 2007, 08:54 PM
SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: SciFi Channel ratings week 4/16/07 -- 4/22/07:

From SciFi Wire:

ECW--------------------------1.5
Dinotopia part three-----------1.5
Dinotopia part two------------1.3
Stargate Atlantis-------------1.2 - "Echoes"
Cursed-----------------------1.1
Dinotopia part one------------1.1
Stargate SG-1----------------1.1 - "Line in the Sand"
Painkiller Jane-----------------0.9
Final Destination 2------------0.9
Jake 2.0----------------------0.7

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 4/16/07 -- 4/22/07

PG15
May 6th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Painkiller Jane-----------------0.9

Yikes, and I thought the Stargates' ratings were bad...

morjana
May 13th, 2007, 10:00 PM
SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: SciFI Channel Ratings week 4/23/07 -- 4/29/07:

From SciFi Wire:

Top TEN Sci Fi Channel Shows

Lake Placid 2--------------------2.2
ECW------------------------------1.4
Stargate Atlantis----------------1.3 - "Irresponsible"
Crocodile 2: Death Roll----------1.1
Jeepers Creepers 2---------------1.1
Snakehead Terror-----------------1.1
Frankenfish----------------------1.1
Stargate SG-1--------------------1.1 - "The Road Not Taken"
Painkiller Jane------------------1.0
Crocodile------------------------1.0

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 4/23/07 -- 4/29/07

PG15
May 13th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Heh, this is probably the first time in months that SciFi had something above 2.0.

morjana
May 20th, 2007, 09:08 PM
SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: SciFi Channel ratings week 4/30/07 -- 5/6/07:

From SciFi Wire:

ECW------------------------------1.6
Sightings: Heartland Ghost---------1.2 (starred Beau Bridges)
Lake Placid 2----------------------1.2 (repeat of movie)
Stargate SG-1--------------------1.2 - "The Shroud"
Stargate Atlantis------------------1.1 - "The Tao of Rodney"
Cabin Fever-----------------------1.0
Trilogy of Terror II-----------------1.0
Stephen King's Rose Red-----------0.9
House of the Dead 2---------------0.9
Cursed----------------------------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 4/30/07 -- 5/6/07

<><><><><>

Ooops..."Painkiller Jane" didn't make the top ten...

wm_1987
May 21st, 2007, 05:09 PM
Now this is just my opinion, so nobody get mad. But maybe the reason that Atlantis had it lowest rating in recent history (as GW put it) with “Tao of Rodney” is because they are highlighting the same character over and over again. Rodney is being shown a lot this season. They have a great cast of actors with the four team members. Lets actually use them.

Falcon Horus
May 22nd, 2007, 12:11 PM
Now this is just my opinion, so nobody get mad. But maybe the reason that Atlantis had it lowest rating in recent history (as GW put it) with “Tao of Rodney” is because they are highlighting the same character over and over again. Rodney is being shown a lot this season. They have a great cast of actors with the four team members. Lets actually use them.

That might be true.
The other reason why SG1 scored better this time... It was The Shroud and RDA was in it.

ses110
May 22nd, 2007, 12:19 PM
IMO your 1000% right. It's been McKay overload.TPTB might as well get rid of the other characters if there not going to be used.IMO the McKay character should not be getting this amount of screentime.I'd be shocked if there was not bad feelings among some of the cast.

david2708
May 23rd, 2007, 01:45 AM
No-one can honestly believe Atlantis will go beyond a forth season with ratings like those. Ratings will only contract the further it runs and I doubt Scifi will renew it beyond next year. End of franchise, I'm afraid.

vaberella
May 23rd, 2007, 03:48 AM
I actually thought the reason SGA did so badly was after "Irresponsible" and the death of Kolya. A lot of people who saw that, didn't want to tune in for the next episode. It's like a spillover affect. It fixes itself in the end, but if you notice the decent eps of the season were 1.3-1.4. While Tao came after such a crap ep, and with the death of Kolya---people are like not watching it. I also think that was the problem with Sateda---not to mention the fact that Sateda got barely any publicity---about 2 commercials before airing. While TRW got a bit of promotion cause of RDA---he's like a carrier monkey. Where he goes, so do the ratings.

I think this is far from the cancellation of SGA...shoot even ECW is down to 1.6---ECW was brought in because it maintains 2.0+ that says a lot.

MmmmMcKAy
May 23rd, 2007, 05:30 AM
I haven't seen Season 3, but aren't McKay and Mrs. Miller and Tao of Rodney the only Rodney focused Season 3 episodes? If so, how is McKay being overused?

wm_1987
May 23rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
I haven't seen Season 3, but aren't McKay and Mrs. Miller and Tao of Rodney the only Rodney focused Season 3 episodes? If so, how is McKay being overused?

Yes those are the only two episodes where McKay is the main focus. But in most of the episodes this season he has been the number two guy with a big part in the episode. Ronan had one episode early, and Telya hasn’t had any. Sheppard has had one (common ground) were he was the definite main focus. I guess I like team episodes a little better since they all get the spotlight. Okay, I’d watch any Sheppard episode, but I don’t want them all on him. How it is that Sheppard is the star of the show and you have so little on his background, I guess that’s another topic all together.

saberhagen83
June 1st, 2007, 01:24 AM
Yes those are the only two episodes where McKay is the main focus. But in most of the episodes this season he has been the number two guy with a big part in the episode. Ronan had one episode early, and Telya hasn’t had any. Sheppard has had one (common ground) were he was the definite main focus. I guess I like team episodes a little better since they all get the spotlight. Okay, I’d watch any Sheppard episode, but I don’t want them all on him. How it is that Sheppard is the star of the show and you have so little on his background, I guess that’s another topic all together.

I'm with you on this. I miss the team eps, most have been much focus on Sheppard and McKay. But neither, especially Sheppard has any backstory anyway! They need to start making proper team eps, everyone in focus and everyone developing their characters. That is the only thing missing in the show now. It's great, but there is much room for improvements.

randomfan
June 3rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
>>http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/
Stargate SG-1--------------------1.2 - "The Shroud"
Stargate Atlantis------------------1.1 - "The Tao of Rodney"
Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 4/30/07 -- 5/6/07
>>

Well,

I found this report very interesting.

Nielsen: Ratings drop nonexistent when DVRs are accounted for

"Among US households that have a DVR of some sort—approximately 17 percent—only 58 percent of prime-time TV content is watched at the time of broadcast. This is how viewership numbers are typically calculated, and so it would appear as if TV viewership had dropped alarmingly among these households. However, when Nielsen accounted for DVR playback within two days of a show's broadcast, that number went up to 92 percent, and within three days, 95 percent. At seven days past the time of broadcast, 100 percent of prime-time broadcast content had been watched either live or via time-shifted DVR playback in those households. This certainly comes as good news to the networks."

Full story here:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070601-nielsen-ratings-drop-nonexistent-when-dvrs-are-accounted-for.html

I checked into it a bit via searching, and there seems to be no way to verify the ratings posted by SciFi, and there is no indication of what the number means. I've read the gateworld report on what the numbers mean, but there is no explanation listed here, and nothing indicating if this is the live, +2, +3, or +7day results. There is no transparency. Also the DVR watchers, who are generating the data, can they opt out, or are they spied upon as part of their enforced contracts which service will be denied unless they agree. TiVo users are supposed to be able to opt out, but who knows.... I would like to know what the real numbers are, instead of the SciFi propaganda numbers hoping that the industry polices itself and fact checking is monitored. Unfortunately I don't work for a media company, or have the $ to buy the reports for myself.

RF

end rant, thanks for listening

penguininablender
June 10th, 2007, 07:40 PM
thanks for the post...it just goes to show you how sinister Sci Fi channel really is....evil monkeys!

gebtkd
June 10th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I don't post very often, but when something catch my attention I do. Everybody is going crazy over the ratings for SGA on SCIFI but I am sorry, they dugged that grave. They put both Stargate shows on ice for 6 months, 6 months, that was the most stupid executive decision ever. Ì'm lucky because I live in Canada and I have the Movie Network so I was able to see all the episodes a long time ago. That's an other reason why the ratings are low, A lot of people saw the episodes here in Canada and if you are not Canadian, you could watch the episodes on Youtube. How do they expect the ratings to stay up when you do something stupid like that. It's really frustrating to see that a channel is destroying their own shows. I hope SGA will survive to see a fifth season, because it`s a fun show to watch.

morjana
June 24th, 2007, 09:54 PM
SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: Ratings for "Family Ties," "Submersion":

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php

Ice Spiders------------------1.6
ECW------------------------1.4
Hannibal--------------------1.4
Ghost Hunters---------------1.3
Silence of the Lambs---------1.2
Lake Placid------------------1.2
Stargate Atlantis------------1.2 - "Submersion"
Stargate SG-1---------------1.2 - "Family Ties"
Destination Truth------------1.1
Red Dragon------------------1.1

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 6/4/07 -- 6/10/07

<><><><><><><>

Hmmm...no Painkiller Jane in the top ten list.

And the ratings for the three episodes that aired while I was offline:

ECW------------------------1.5
Stargate Atlantis------------1.2 - "The Game"
Stargate SG-1--------------1.2 - "Bounty"
The Last Sentinel-----------1.1
Star Trek Enterprise--------1.0
Basilisk: Serpent King-------0.9
Grendel--------------------0.9
Ghost Hunters--------------0.8
Painkiller Jane--------------0.8
Waterworld-----------------0.8

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 5/7/07 -- 5/13/07

<><><><><><>

ECW------------------------1.5
Heroes----------------------1.2
Stargate Atlantis------------1.2 - "The Ark"
Stargate SG-1--------------1.2 - "Bad Guys"
It Waits--------------------1.0
Mortuary-------------------1.0
The Bone Snatcher---------1.0
Ghost Hunters--------------0.8
Painkiller Jane--------------0.8
Rest Stop------------------0.8

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 5/14/07 -- 5/20/07

<><><><><><><><>

Meltdown-------------------1.5
ECW------------------------1.4
The Stand part two---------1.3
The Stand part one----------1.2
The Stand part three--------1.2
The Stand part four---------1.2
Fire Serpent----------------1.2
Star Trek Enterprise--------1.1
Stargate Atlantis-----------1.1 - "Sunday"
Stargate SG-1-------------1.1 - "Talion"

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 5/28/07 -- 6/3/07

morjana
July 1st, 2007, 08:27 PM
SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: Ratings for "Dominion," & "Vengeance":

From SciFi Wire:

ECW-------------------------1.7
Alone in the Dark-------------1.4
Ghost Hunters----------------1.3
Stargate Atlantis-------------1.2 - "Vengeance"
Destination Truth-------------1.1
Resident Evil-----------------1.2
Star Trek Enterprise----------1.1
Stargate SG-1---------------1.1 - "Dominion"
Clive Barker's Plague---------1.0
They Are Among Us----------1.1

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 6/11/07 -- 6/17/07

<><><><><><>

Hmmm...Painkiller Jane didn't make the top ten (again).

GateLadyM
July 2nd, 2007, 05:08 AM
Hmmm...Painkiller Jane didn't make the top ten (again).

In another thread, someone made the comment that Painkiller Jane has been renewed. I can't find anything at SciFi's website, have you heard this?

Would be a travesty if true. :S

morjana
July 2nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
In another thread, someone made the comment that Painkiller Jane has been renewed. I can't find anything at SciFi's website, have you heard this?

Eek!

I haven't heard any news about a renewal.

And - Yikes! - it's being syndicated in the fall according to The Futon Critic.

I just went to the official SciFi Channel, and there's no indication of renewal at the site, or at the Painkiller Jane forum there.

Morjana

morjana
July 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM
SG1/SGA - SciFi Wire: Ratings for Series/Season Finales:

From SciFi Wire:

Top Ten SciFi Channel Shows

Stargate SG-1 finale------------1.7 - "Unending"
ECW---------------------------1.6
Stargate Atlantis---------------1.5 - "First Strike"
Ghost Hunters------------------1.4
Harpies------------------------1.4
From Dusk Til Dawn 3-----------1.1
Star Trek Enterprise------------1.1
Painkiller Jane------------------1.0
Waterworld--------------------1.0
Destination Truth---------------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 6/18/07 -- 6/24/07

Briangate78
July 8th, 2007, 08:41 PM

If PKJ was renewed, then it looks good for SGA. I mean SGA only brings in like a , million more viewers. ;)

Ruined_puzzle
July 8th, 2007, 08:52 PM
If PKJ was renewed, then it looks good for SGA. I mean SGA only brings in like a , million more viewers. ;)

Isn't PK less expensive to make? Might make sense why it got renewed, if it did.

Briangate78
July 9th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Isn't PK less expensive to make? Might make sense why it got renewed, if it did.

So they renew cheap stuff like PKJ and yet the higher quality SGA is still undecided. I mean look at the ratings difference, take the finales for an axample, SGA 1.5 vs. PKJ 1.0, that is a .5 difference, that is about a 700,000 to 800,000 viewer difference.

Wish I worked for Sci-fi would make that network golden, lol. :p Bring back Farscape, get SG-1 to a season 11, work with Ron moore to get to a 5th season of BSG(which is hard since it was the producers decision to end after 4) renew the Dresden Files, Cancel ECW,Cancel PKJ, Bring in some Sci-fi animated cartoons and etc.