Island Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Island Location

OK, Ocenic Flight 815 was a Sydney to LA Flight. It was Flying over the Pacific Ocean. That's Solid Fact.

Due to Serveral Instrument Failures Midflight, 815 attempted to Land in Fiji, putting the Plane 1,000~ Miles off Course. The Plane then Tore up. This is Rough Fact, There's some speculating by the Characters (The Pilot & Cindy, the Airhostess).

Danielle's calculations put the Island Location about 3 Days off Tahiti. What speed we're talking at is unknown, whether by Boat, or by Plane. This is up for debate, as she's possibly insane, & her calculations are incoherant & possibley flawed.

( A bit Blurry, yes.... It was done on Paint)
    (Map thanks to Loria)

This Puts the Ilsand somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, possibley the Indian Ocean too, if you ignore Danielle's Calculations.

They're are a Few Phantom Islands in that area, Islands that were put on Ancient Maps, but then taken off, or described as a Myth or Error.

Taprobana Your Average Phantom Island.
    Schjetman Reef A Recent Search ws undertook for it in January 2006, by two Norweigans
    Dougherty Bogstandard Phantom
    Ernest Legouve Reef Possible Phantom Island
    Maria Theresa Reef Mentioned in a Couple of Jules Verne Novels, a Phantom Island
    Podesta Italian Phantom island

And Of course Lemuria Scientists Answer to Lemurs in Madagascar, before Plate techtonics...

There's an Interresting note though, aside from the Above Indian/Pacific Phantom Islands, There's One Interesting Phantom that is Located at the Magnetic North Pole. Rupes Nigra. It's said to be an answer to why Compasses point there (Locke's 'Broken' Compass) & the island is a 33 mile wide magnetic island of Black Rock! (Danielle's Slave Ship!). Plus, with the odd magnetic qualities of the island (The Swan EMP), This Magnetic Island seems oddly familiar...

Discuss, Debate, Critisize, etc...

Also of note: there was the massive statue leg with only four toes that Sayid, Sun and Jin found around the other side of the island. I read somewhere that the Colossus of Rhodes had a four-toed foot too. That fits in with the idea that they're on an ancient world island removed from modern maps.

Comment

I never really completely subscribed to this theory, but many believe that the location of the Island is determined when you input the numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42) on a map generator as coordinates, because you end up somewhere in the South Pacific.

As for the Colossus of Rhodes theory... I have to admit when I first saw Live Together, Die Alone and saw the foot statue, I immediately thought of Colossus, but isn't that island nowhere in the South Pacific, but in the Mediterranean? Although with Lost you never know...

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X