Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did the Wraith feed on before they developed space travel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did the Wraith feed on before they developed space travel?

If each wraith requires a single being to feed upon - that would require a lot of animals for each wraith each day. Probably they didn't eat the body parts either which would would have increased their available food supply.

Well, The Wraith were Born when the Iratus Bug fed upon Humans, incorperating their DNA (or Humans turned into Wraith?). So it would sem that the Humans arrived their, either by Gate or by Ship, So it would seem that the Wraith always had the ability to Travel to other Planets & Harvest Lives.

What the Iratus Bug ate though? Probably The natural creatures there (possibly Mammels?). Though they didn't need so many Humans/Lives in so much demand...

Edit: 800th Post! WHX Movie 7!

Comment

Humans, can't be anything esle.

Comment

Well, they're no reason to believe they can't feed on other animals like the bugs must have done for quite some time. Humans probably just taste better than other animals. And it's not like a Wraith has to feed every day, we know they can go quite some time without, especially when they're hybernating.
        *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Someone - Wraith Scientist, I think it was - and I came up with several hypotheses regarding the Wraith. One of them was that they were intentionally engineered by a race related to the Iratus (we called them Iratus sapiens) that were basically to the Iratus bugs as we know them as we are to lemurs.

The premise of the idea was that the Wraith are a combination of human and Iratus sapiens (not the Iratus), possibly designed as some kind of soldier with the thoughts of destroying humans in mind - hence their inability to feed on anything else. (Makes for good motivation.)

Eventually, the Wraith somehow left the control of the Iratus sapiens and have been roaming the galaxy since. It's possible that their creators were wiped out, don't care about, or have no use for their soldiers.

It's only a hypothesis, but I think it would fill a lot of gaps nicely.
          [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Umm, Stargate?
            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

They probably fed off of other organisms on their planet. We know they can feed off of other things. They are able to feed off of each other as well as the little glowy bug thingies.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Don't ask me why, but I somehow saw the little glowing bug things as some kind of sugary candy for the Wraith... but not a viable food source.
                [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

well, they feed on aniamls, and rpobably still can, it may be though that humans are in greater abundance, or provide more energy for them, perhaps since they are only part human, they desire to become more and that desire pushes in a need to be human and that need to be human comes with their need to eat and bam they eat humans...

Or perhaps because their half human, they require the minerals and such in the human body..
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

In the season 2 episode Condemned a little light is shedded on the subject. I believe in another episode it was mentioned that the feeling of defiance in humans is why the wraith prefer feeding on humans instead of livestock.

"MAGISTRATE: I must admit, I still find it intriguing to watch you eat actual food.

WRAITH: Our lineage may have diverged, but there are those of us who still retain an appreciation for finer things. (It lifts another forkful of food and looks at it.) And although it may provide a moment's pleasure, it does not sustain me. (It puts the fork down, stands and walks closer to the Magistrate.) This arrangement I have made with you and your predecessors has served both of us well. While others of my kind have been forced to sleep between cullings, I have enjoyed a steady stream of humans for my consumption -- and the taste of their defiance is sweet. You, in return, have been allowed to live in peace."

Comment

My idea is that the wraith were created by the ancients possibly as research into ascension.

Comment

After depleting their planet's supply of humans, they may have used the Stargate to travel to other planets.

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                          Someone - Wraith Scientist, I think it was - and I came up with several hypotheses regarding the Wraith. One of them was that they were intentionally engineered by a race related to the Iratus (we called them Iratus sapiens) that were basically to the Iratus bugs as we know them as we are to lemurs.

The premise of the idea was that the Wraith are a combination of human and Iratus sapiens (not the Iratus), possibly designed as some kind of soldier with the thoughts of destroying humans in mind - hence their inability to feed on anything else. (Makes for good motivation.)

Eventually, the Wraith somehow left the control of the Iratus sapiens and have been roaming the galaxy since. It's possible that their creators were wiped out, don't care about, or have no use for their soldiers.

It's only a hypothesis, but I think it would fill a lot of gaps nicely.
                          They could have been another human killing invention of the Hot Zone Villians

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                            well, they feed on aniamls, and rpobably still can, it may be though that humans are in greater abundance, or provide more energy for them, perhaps since they are only part human, they desire to become more and that desire pushes in a need to be human and that need to be human comes with their need to eat and bam they eat humans...

Or perhaps because their half human, they require the minerals and such in the human body..
                            They can feed on animals? When did this happen? I seem to recall that they'd tried to feed Steve animals, but he wouldn't feed on them... and he was starving.

As for humans being in greater abundance... right now they're not. Thanks to the Wraith being woken prematurely, the human population hasn't had the chance to regenerate properly, and so is a bit scarce.

Comment

Well Ronon did say that the Iratus bugs were probably not the top predator on their homeworld and that something even worse hunted them. Not sure if that helps but.....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X