This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA "jail cells" (sp)

What's up with SGA "jail cells"? I mean the space between "bars" (sp) is so big you can escape tru them!

hah. yea i noticed that too. But i think in irrestible, they had the force field on so he couldn't get out. although it didn't look like it did it. john could have just slipped out from his cell.
    Brivy

4Eva

Comment

Originally posted by Brivilya Almasy
      hah. yea i noticed that too. But i think in irrestible, they had the force field on so he couldn't get out. although it didn't look like it did it. john could have just slipped out from his cell.
      Doesnt look like they have force fields or stuff like that. For exemple the "jail cell" from the last ep. Granted they had guards but please. Those spaces were huge. And those little ropes wouldnt stop anyone.
      Last edited by kes; 05 August 2006, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I think the force field can be turned on or off. I distinctly remember a Wraith jamming his hand into it, but another Wraith stuck his hand through the bars and nearly grabbed Sheppard.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I mean every single one. The one in Atlantis, the one in the Wraith ship, the one in the Atlantian (or whatever it is called) ship, every single "jail cell" (sp) that appears.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
            I think the force field can be turned on or off. I distinctly remember a Wraith jamming his hand into it, but another Wraith stuck his hand through the bars and nearly grabbed Sheppard.
            The first jail was on Atlantis, the second jail was on the homewold of the Hoffans.

I don't think the bars are that far apart. I think it has more to do with how they are shooting that scene that gives that impression.

I can't believe the Ancients would not have force fields for their jail cells either.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
              I can't believe the Ancients would not have force fields for their jail cells either.
              Maybe they ran into budget constraints.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The holding cells on Atlantis are equipped with force fields. They're invisible unless something comes in contact with them. In 'Irresistable', no one touched it, so it never flared up and became visible.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                  Doesnt look like they have force fields or stuff like that. For exemple the "jail cell" from the last ep. Granted they had guards but please. Those spaces were huge. And those little ropes wouldnt stop anyone.
                  You're talking about the pen Sheppard, Ronon, and Teyla were put in in 'Sateda'? Given the fact that those people lived in tents, it's about all that could be expected of them. It wasn't intended as any kind of permanent solution anyway, just to restrain them long enough for the Wraith to arrive. Sure, they could have escaped, but it would have been cumbersome going through the gaps, enough to let the guards take them down.

a time to mourn

Comment

in atlantis, the jail cells have spaces but they are covered with force sheilds. The first time a wraith was in there, he tried to attack shep, but was stopped by the sheild.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                      The first jail was on Atlantis, the second jail was on the homewold of the Hoffans.

I don't think the bars are that far apart. I think it has more to do with how they are shooting that scene that gives that impression.

It has nothing t do with the way it is filmed, you can clearly (sp) see anyone of them can fit tru it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                        You're talking about the pen Sheppard, Ronon, and Teyla were put in in 'Sateda'? Given the fact that those people lived in tents, it's about all that could be expected of them. It wasn't intended as any kind of permanent solution anyway, just to restrain them long enough for the Wraith to arrive. Sure, they could have escaped, but it would have been cumbersome going through the gaps, enough to let the guards take them down.
                        Yeh, like I said there were guards. But I mean they build that couldnt they make the spaces just a little smaller? It was made of wood, its not like they ran out of it.Wood I mean.

Comment

The wraith cells are the same. Just not has obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                            What's up with SGA "jail cells"? I mean the space between "bars" (sp) is so big you can escape tru them!

Nope... Not with all his gear, it looks about 8 to 12 inches apart, so chances are something get hooked, and due to the security cameras and gaurds he'd get caught by the time he slips out of the Cells on Atlantis... Thats assuming your talking about the episode where they tossed shep in...

Now about Pegasus Cells ingeneral...
                            Atlantis Cells have shields, which we have seen.. and have not seen as well... best explanation would be a switch, seeing as how they can get the prisoner in. They probably only activate when they have a serious threat or can spare the power...

Ancient Cell on the Aurora have sheilds as we have seen.....

Wraith Hive cells - Giant doors with barly any room to get thru.

Wraith Cacoons - have to cut it open...

I dont see what your saying about being able to get out of the jail cells.. If your in there chances are ur being watched, or a shields up... sliding out would be hard, because you have a gaurd or a shield stopping u...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                              Nope... Not with all his gear, it looks about 8 to 12 inches apart, so chances are something get hooked, and due to the security cameras and gaurds he'd get caught by the time he slips out of the Cells on Atlantis... Thats assuming your talking about the episode where they tossed shep in...

Now about Pegasus Cells ingeneral...
                              Atlantis Cells have shields, which we have seen.. and have not seen as well... best explanation would be a switch, seeing as how they can get the prisoner in. They probably only activate when they have a serious threat or can spare the power...

Ancient Cell on the Aurora have sheilds as we have seen.....

Wraith Hive cells - Giant doors with barly any room to get thru.

Wraith Cacoons - have to cut it open...

I dont see what your saying about being able to get out of the jail cells.. If your in there chances are ur being watched, or a shields up... sliding out would be hard, because you have a gaurd or a shield stopping u...
                              Gear? Pass the gear, then you pass.
                              But I'm talking about cells in general.
                              Have you seen the wraith cells? In many eps they have holes big enough to get tru. In the corners. And they obviously arent watching cos Ronon was throwing nives (sp) at the thing that opens the cell for, what appeared to be, quite some time.I mean look at this:http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...hehive059.html top left corner. Near the guys head.
                              Yes we have a cell and will waste man power to watch the dude cos the space between bars is huge.
                              Yes, the Atlantis cell does seem to have a shield. But still why make the space so big?
                              Hell in SG1 when they were in the Bedrona (sp) continente and were in those little boxes where they could barelly move those still had an electrical (sp) xharge on the boxes.
                              Last edited by kes; 06 August 2006, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X