This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Bal's voice (spoiler?)

Now that he's not using his "Goa'uld voice", I've noticed something...

The thing is, he's gone without it before and I DIDN'T notice this last time...

He sounds FOREIGN.

I don't mean British. More like ITALIAN or possibly French. A real hint of an accent there, and I sure didn't notice it before.

Am I losing it, or does the actor naturally speak with a slight accent, and was he sort of "faking British" last time he spoke for himself (without the Goa'uld distortion)?

Originally posted by ECN

He sounds FOREIGN.

I don't mean British. More like ITALIAN or possibly French. A real hint of an accent there, and I sure didn't notice it before.

Am I losing it, or does the actor naturally speak with a slight accent, and was he sort of "faking British" last time he spoke for himself (without the Goa'uld distortion)?
    he's from africa
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
      he's from africa
      That doesn't address my question.

Why does the accent of his "human" voice sound different now from the way it did last time?

Comment

I think he's got a cool voice.

Comment

Originally posted by ECN

Why does the accent of his "human" voice sound different now from the way it did last time?
          He is South African, and I guess the voice software makes the accent less evident. It's like when people are singing, you usually can't tell if they have an accent.

Personally, even with his Goa'uld voice I found his accent quite notably South African.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

^^ so did i. seoth eefriken accents stand out a mile away.
            VL2DY4 - Why drink and drive when you can boost and slide...

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
              He is South African, and I guess the voice software makes the accent less evident. It's like when people are singing, you usually can't tell if they have an accent.

Personally, even with his Goa'uld voice I found his accent quite notably South African.
              like keith urban... Damn... his accent is heavy.. but he sounds hick on the radio lol no offense to any hicks or listeners...

He's from South Africa, He was Mr. South Africa, i think... And his voice probably seems diffrent because He talked alot more this episode than any other...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

1. Don't ask questions about Baal's voice, unless you ask Cliff Simon to read the latest erotic novel bestseller aloud, tape it, and mail it to me.

Please?

2. I noticed his accent before, but... I don't know, it DID sound a bit thicker in this episode. Yet when he said the word "answer" in the interrogation room, it sounded rather American. Just the one word. Could have something to do with Cliff implanting subtle differences in the various Baals, which I think shone through quite nicely.

Can you tell that I'm a big Cliff/Baal fan?

Want to see some shameless advertising? I think you do.
                MySpace
                My fiction portfolio-type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah

That's the same place the guy played Grodin is from i think. They must have alot of british sounding people down there.

And yeah his accent is distinuishable even with the deeper voice. Infact almost every Goa'uld we know of has a unique sounding voice if you listen closely.

Comment

Originally posted by ECN

He sounds FOREIGN.

You never knew that?! Yeah, he sounds sorta half Australian/ British to me.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

^^^ South african. The british colonized both south africa and aussie thus the slight overlap in accent qualities.

It is definitely south african but it sounds a bit more british than I am used to... Anyways... it is a very dynamic voice for a very dynamic gou'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by ECN

It wasn't different. You just never noticed it.

Comment

Working...
                        X