This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another supergate

Well we know they have stopped the supergate from been able to dial in for now so why do they think they have a victory?they made that supergate pretty easy without anyone knowing of it so there already might be another supergate in the galaxy so why arnet they searching for it?

They are keeping an eye out for another one. It's a victory because they had something go their way after all the loss they and the Jaffa suffered.
    "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
      They are keeping an eye out for another one. It's a victory because they had something go their way after all the loss they and the Jaffa suffered.
      Yea i thought that at first then i realised they have as much info of the universe as the ancients so they will have a way for it to backfire

Comment

There could be a backup gate but considering that the Ori didn't pay much attention to the gate until the nukes started going off and the fact no one could use it or destory it probably lead them to build only one gate. I am sure this time they will be prepared considering this is the second one brought down (first was luck).
        "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Well, it shouldn't be to hard for them to get another supergate going. Just work their usual magics and this time, have the remaining three toilet ships guard the place until reinforcements come through. Seems simple enough and they're nothing we can do about it...
          *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

It's easier actually.

With 3 Warships on this side, they can build the supergate simultaneousley, and do everything in half the time.

Comment

yea that's true though we don't know who's providing the materials and technology to build the ships, i mean in Crusade we see apparantly primitive people of vala's planet building a ship .. HOW???
              Doesn't it require alot of scientific knowledge, unless the ori taught there followers about advanced technology

Comment

The Key Words here are "apparently primitive". If I had to guess I'd say they are rather familiarized with technology as much as Jaffa or more.

Comment

Maybe The Super Gate Dials Galaxy and not planets... Being that it is Super...

So perhaps we cut off their link...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

To dial a supergate you dial the planet on which it "is". Remember how it's made:

A planet with a normal gate is dialed. Prior does his stuff, segments reach the other side, the gate and planet are crushed and the wormhole jumps to the supergate in orbit. (this is also done on the other side, but before)

Comment

Once the Ori have enough followers in the Milky Way, they won't need supergates. They could use the production facilities that once belonged to the Goa'uld to build their ships.

Comment

It'd be funny if they keep building supergates though and crushing the planets into singularities, then eventually all they're going to have is an entire galaxy full of floating supergates! Also I was thinking, the ancients were originally hiding our galaxy from the Ori, so presumably they were hiding a whole lot of galaxies from them else the Pegasus and Asgards' galaxies would be ori infested as well. knowing that supergates can only be dialled from another galaxy, when the Ori find out that the Milky Ways' gate is blocked the Ori are going to find out that we've dialled in from another galaxy that they don't know about, therefore the Ori could have an all out search for the galaxies that have been hidden from them, meaning no race, not even the Asgard are safe anymore.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
                          the ancients were originally hiding our galaxy from the Ori
                          Thats possible the Ori had no idea about our Galaxy until Daniel & Vala arrived & once they knew about our Galaxy all they ever wanted to do was get more followers

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate
                            Thats possible the Ori had no idea about our Galaxy until Daniel & Vala arrived & once they knew about our Galaxy all they ever wanted to do was get more followers
                            Yeah, and if the Ori discover the Pegasus, and any other galaxy that is infested with humans, they are going to get overwhelmingly powerful, especially in Pegasus becuase I doubt the humans there would put up much of a fight if it got rid of the Wraith. The ancients won't stand a chance if that happens though, and the Asgard will fall like bowling pins, someone better warn them *toddles off*

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
                              Yeah, and if the Ori discover the Pegasus, and any other galaxy that is infested with humans, they are going to get overwhelmingly powerful, especially in Pegasus becuase I doubt the humans there would put up much of a fight if it got rid of the Wraith. The ancients won't stand a chance if that happens though, and the Asgard will fall like bowling pins, someone better warn them *toddles off*
                              The humans wouldn't, but the wraith would, and trust me, they would be far more effective than anyone in the MW.

Comment

Working...
                              X