Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis 0.1 Beta - The Tower (spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis 0.1 Beta - The Tower (spoilers)

Is anyone else a little disturbed by the secondary Atlantis in "The Tower"? I felt it rather cheapened exactly what Atlantis was that there was a second IDENTICAL city out there that could ALSO fly. How many of the damn things are there? It really makes Atlantis feel less unique in my opinion.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

I agree. It makes Atlantis less important. Instead of it being "the Lost City", it becomes "one of the Lost Cities"

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

How many aircraft carriers of the Nimitz class does the US Navy have? It sure makes the CVN-68 – USS Nimitz far less important, despite it being the first of its class. How many Aurora class warships did the Ancients construct? The identical Orion makes the Aurora far less important. etc..

It's basic logic to assume the Ancient built more of their Atlantis class ships, and why wouldn't they? It doesn't make Atlantis less important, especially since Atlantis was their capitol, and besides in season 7 (Lost City) we already got proof the Ancients built far more of these Cities.
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I dont see the connection between the S7 finale and your "proof".

But that's beside the point. I basically stand by Cameron's point that it defeats the object of it being their greatest city, their last defence and so on so forth.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Nope - doesnt bother me. What I find amusing is that when Atlantis first started, people wondered, and hoped we'd find more Cityships...now we do and people moan..its funny.

ANYWAY - nope, doesnt bother me - when you build something great that works you build more and more....logical.

Atlantis was the last city to stand against the Wraith as far as we know, it was the last place you could dial Earth from, it was the councils City, it was the first.
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
            besides in season 7 (Lost City) we already got proof the Ancients built far more of these Cities.
            What? No we didn't.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
              What? No we didn't.
              He might mean outposts.
              You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

I'm sure he did. My point was (I'm sure you gathered) that outposts are not indicative of Atlantis-class cities.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425
                  He might mean outposts.
                  Which is, quite frankly, daft as we are talking about Atlantis cities.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

yes he might be daft but not about this,
                    the pegasus project/progeny
                    Spoiler:
                    as we have seen in this episode all ancient city designs have the hole(for lack of a better word) out of the middle for the outpost and in TPP morgan la fey said that proclarush teonas was once an ancient city

Comment

didnt these new repicators build their citys to copie atlantis? also the ancients prob had planets ful of these citys they wud have used them wen they moved on to pegasus.

i want them to steal an atlantis type city ship and take to too earth. if the stargate is disclosed ow even if it isnt with a cloak the ship could be an new sgc sumwhere nutral on earth and staff from many millitarys and countries

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

It is strange but its just like a class of ship. For instance all BC 304's are the same so why not an ancient city ship. Atlantis is only special because it is the the only gate in pegasus that can dial earth (because of that extra control crystal they use in 'Home'.
                        Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Well of course there's a lot more than ONE city ship....i don't think the whole Alteran race could fit into one city ship, besides Atlantis is called "THE lost city" because the Ancients didn't talk about any other city ships, not because there weren't any more city ships.
                          Elizabeth Weir, Ph. D.: I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony.
                          Dr. Rodney McKay: Oh, believe me, that's not the first thing we tried.
                          Maj. John Sheppard: [Smug] I shot him.
                          [Dr. Weir gives him "the look"]
                          Maj. John Sheppard: In the leg!
                          Dr. Rodney McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                          Elizabeth Weir, Ph. D.: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                          Dr. Rodney McKay: [Smug] In-vul-nerable!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathDealer19 View Post
                            Well of course there's a lot more than ONE city ship....i don't think the whole Alteran race could fit into one city ship, besides Atlantis is called "THE lost city" because the Ancients didn't talk about any other city ships, not because there weren't any more city ships.
                            atlantis is "special" (for want of a better word) because it can gate to earth whereas the other city-ships can't
                            SG-1 members
                            Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
                              atlantis is "special" (for want of a better word) because it can gate to earth whereas the other city-ships can't
                              Its been 3 years since the post you quoted mate.....don't hold your breath for a reply
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X