Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Order Season 7 to Support Gateworld?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Order Season 7 to Support Gateworld?

On the main page of Gateworld it says that if you pre-order season 7 it will support Gateworld. Yet when you click on the link it takes you to a page at amazon.com.

How is it supporting Gatworld?

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Because Gateworld has a deal with Amazon- for having a link to Amazon on Gateworld, Amazon pays 'em back by giving 'em a teensy (ha'pennies) portion back for every purchase made via the link.

MY question is, what does it apply to? If I wanna buy S6 on DVD and click the link, I assume that counts, too, right? Does it ONLY count for Stargate stuff, or can I go on and buy unrelated things and still be "supporting" Gateworld by doing so?

I could go nuts on spending if that's the case.

Comment

I'll be ordering mine on Amazon. GW<33

Comment

Well that makes a lot more sense. I just went to the main page an clicked under store and if you click on either DVDs, Videos, Books, or Music it takes you to amazon. So maybe you can buy anything Stargate related to support GW?

EDIT: I just found this on the Gateworld FAQ:
        How can I support this site?
        That's an easy one ... visit! GateWorld is here for you to enjoy. An occasional click on a banner ad for one of our sponsors also helps our ad revenue. If you'd like to help financially support the site more directly, buy something nice for yourself! The site receives a percentage (usually between 5 and 6 percent) of every dollar you spend when you visit Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk through GateWorld's links. (Your cost for the item is exactly the same -- GateWorld just earns a piece of it.)
        Last edited by Asgard Buddy; 10 August 2004, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Yep! If you follow a GW link to Amazon, we'll get a commission on anything and everything you purchase on that visit. Many thanks for supporting the site.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
            Yep! If you follow a GW link to Amazon, we'll get a commission on anything and everything you purchase on that visit. Many thanks for supporting the site.
            Really? Hmmm... I think I'll set one up for SGO and order all my Amazon stuff through that

Comment

Hmm.... Now I have to think of more stuff to buy. What a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Hmm.... Now I have to think of more stuff to buy. What a shame.
                Awww and they're even doing all that "free shipping" stuff. How nice of them to help you help Gateworld.

*Logs onto Amazon and starts browsing*

Comment

Glad to support GW ! There are loads of DVD's and books on my "To buy" list.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

So you're telling me, if I purchase my semester of school books through Amazon, by clicking on the link here at GW, a percentage of that purchase will also go to GW?! Wow, that's great!!! Especially considerring how expsensive some of these engineering books are.

Comment

'Zactly. Anything Amazon carries. Engineers are most welcome!

Comment

Alas, Teal'c my friend, the great irony of the Amazon affiliate program is that you can't buy stuff for yourself just to get a discount. When I buy stuff from Amazon, I go looking for someone else's Amazon affiliate (I've used FarscapeWorld.com's a few times).

If you do and Amazon finds out, yer busted.

Comment

Alas, Teal'c my friend, the great irony of the Amazon affiliate program is that you can't buy stuff for yourself just to get a discount. When I buy stuff from Amazon, I go looking for someone else's Amazon affiliate (I've used FarscapeWorld.com's a few times).

If you do and Amazon finds out, yer busted.
                          Ah, but if my website's owner were to set it up...

Bah, what do I ever buy from Amazon anyway

Comment

...the great irony of the Amazon affiliate program is that you can't buy stuff for yourself just to get a discount.
                            Wait, there's a discount? Or is that just for the people who have the site link thing (as in Gateworld workers/owners)?
                            Last edited by Asgard Buddy; 12 August 2004, 05:46 AM. Reason: Spelling... :rolleyes:

Comment

Darren just run to a friend and order from there=)

Comment

Working...
                              X