Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do the Ascended Ancients know that the Ori don't ascend their followers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do the Ascended Ancients know that the Ori don't ascend their followers?

For them to know that the Ori don't ascend their followers means that they are present everywhere and not just within our galaxy. So if there is a device that can destroy ascended beings, it would mean that it would destroy all ascended beings regardless of which galaxy the device is activated within. So that is probably why the "Others" refuse to help and was probably what Morgan (Pegasus Project) was trying to tell us before the "Others" stopped her.
    sigpic

I don't believe Orlin. But, I have to reiterate, I don't see how you can destroy one, and not the other. Different galaxies shouldn't make a difference, these are extra-dimensional beings.

Comment

well, orlin said to demarus that his life was an open book the moment he came into our galaxy, as he pointed out by talking about his family. That would mean, that not only did he know about his past memories and stuff he also knew about the knowledge the ori passed onto him, whether conscious or unconscious knowledge. This is probably the same explanation why the ori knew everything about daniel jackson and that the ancients weren't "sharing" knowledge as the ori claim to be doing. although the ancients knew where the ori were, the ori didn't know where the ancients were, so that would exclude ascended beings from being everywhere. ascended beings can also "block" the view of other ascended beings....like when sam first met orlin, she had mentioned that her people might have met his kind before, and he said that he didn't know where his people were, he hasn't seen them in a long time. I guess what i'm saying is that once he stepped into their galaxy or daniel stepped into the ori galaxy, that the ascended beings were able to see one another and see what was going on in each galaxy.

Comment

The way I see it, Orlin and the ancients can't know if the Ori are or aren't ascending their followers(unless you believe that their claim that the Priors are just pawns of the Ori is a lie, because they can't both be true). I think the Ancients lied to the Tau'ri so that they would keep fighting the Ori(like they wouldn't anyways? But still), but not suspect that the Ancients aren't as innocent in all this as they claim they are. I'm really interested to see how this all plays out, cause you know that it's gonna blow up in the Ancients' faces sooner or later.
        I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

I guess the answer to the question comes from discovering the motives of the Ori.

We know from experience that the ascended alterrans punish their members for meddling in worldly affairs. We also know that the Ori force their followers to adhere to a strict code of obediance and destroy those who stray.

In both cases, the ascended beings have some stake involved in how the lower beings conduct their lives. So the big question is what stake they have in our lives that causes them to act as they do.

The biggest piece of evidence that lends itself toward the alterran ancients is Oma. I tend to trust her because she gave up her eternal existence to fight Anubis. If the alterrans were so bad, why wasn't she fighting them, and why would she break the rules to ascend Daniel? Furthermore, why would Orlin forsake his existence only to lie to the woman he loves?

I think the best way to answer these questions is to accept that the alterrans are looking out for what they believe will be in the best interests of peaceful enlightenment. Therefore, we can be pretty sure that Orlin was telling the truth.

Comment

Simple: Ancients know everything!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
              I don't believe Orlin. But, I have to reiterate, I don't see how you can destroy one, and not the other. Different galaxies shouldn't make a difference, these are extra-dimensional beings.
              I might be wrong, but is this device supposed to use energy to cancel out the ascended beings? Energy dissipates, so perhaps there is enough to cancel out the ascended beings in one galaxy, but not enough to travel the vast expanse between galaxies and cancel out other ascended beings in other galaxies.

EDIT: Another thing just popped into my mind. Even if the weapon wiped out all ascended beings in existence, since SG-1 is in out galaxy, the ascended in our galaxy could descend before the weapon went off, and then re-ascend later.

Comment

I'm sure that if it came to us wiping the Ancients out, they would interfere a bit to say "point that the other way"

Comment

Also, none of the believers in the milky way ascend when they die. The ori send their believers to destroy anyone who stands in the way of origin, which kind of suggests that they aren't really going to bother doing the good thing and ascend their followers.

Also the weapon was made by a descended ancient, so he'd probably make it with safe guards that if it was used it wouldn't destroy his fellow ancients, unless he had a grudge, but I doubt that.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

I don't think they can ascend when they die, without the Ori in the Milky Way to help them. I wonder if the Ori can recreate the people who've died? The Ancient's aren't going to allow followers of the Ori to ascend in the Milky Way.

Comment

Maybe we'll find out in
                      Spoiler:
                      The Quest when Danny becomes a Prior
                      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                      X