What episodes feature the scenes
    where you feel that
    Amanda Tapping's
    wonderful acting talents
    get to shine?

(without reference or consideration
    for hair or clothing styles...
    or ship or such... )

Please note that you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
    but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

You can vote in the poll, and then post your comments in this thread.
    Comments and discussion may also overlap into the Sam's A Great Character Thread.

Pics that capture your favorite AT acting scene are greatly appreciated too!
    (A picture is worth a thousand words...)

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season 8 Episode Summaries

The Poll

-------

Over the years, we've discussed which episodes (and scenes) were the best, or most important, for the Stargate characters. We've run 'Best Episode' Polls for each season and such.

However, when trying to decide which episode was the best of a season for a certain character, such as Sam, one of the issues that fans have wrestled with is... whether to pick the episode which features the most/best AT on screen, or the episode which features the best Sam Carter scenes. Examples include Entity (which had some wonderful AT acting scenes, but she wasn't playing Sam Carter, as much as she was playing/acting an alien entity). Another example would be an episode with lots of RepliCarter, or Geek!Sam, where again, these are wonderful AT acting scenes, a wonderful look at AT acting out-of-the-regular-confines of the character of 'our' Sam Carter.

So, we've already done the 'Best Sam Carter' Episodes of each season (polls were done last year on the GW forum, and informal polls were also conducted again recently on the Sam's A Great Character Thread), and many have recommended that we should do some 'Best AT Acting Polls'... so here we go

The Poll

---------

Results of Season 7 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 6 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 5 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 4 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 3 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 2 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 1 Poll + posted comments
    New Order, parts 1 & 2
    14.45%
    Lockdown
    0.78%
    Zero Hour
    1.17%
    Icon
    0.78%
    1.56%
    Affinity
    1.17%
    Covenant
    7.81%
    Sacrifices
    1.95%
    Endgame
    2.73%
    Gemini
    15.63%
    It's Good To Be King
    3.13%
    Full Alert
    0.39%
    Citizen Joe
    0.39%
    Reckoning, parts 1 & 2
    12.89%
    Threads
    16.41%
    Moebius, parts 1 & 2
    18.75%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by astrogeologist; 03 August 2006, 02:03 PM.

I chose New Order, Covenant, End Game, Gemini, Reakoning, Threads and Moebius. My most fav being Gemini, Threads and Moebius.
    I loved Gemini coz I thought Amanda did a fantastic job playing Replicarter...it was a nice change to see her portray something bad instead of good.
    I loved Threads coz of the emotions she played through Sam losing her father.
    I loved Moebius coz she played our Sam as we know her and geeky Sam...which was a blast to watch.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Mine are:

New Order: Love how much emotions she shows when Fifth tortures her. She doesn't hold back. She even cries what I never saw her do much. The Pete part is great too. How quickly she believed him

Convenant: She gets to fly!!!! That's enough for me. And we learned a tiny bit from her past.

Gemini: Even if she did do a fault when she trusted RepliCarter it was still a fantastic job. two roles at the time? Awesome!

Threads: The acting she did when her father died was amazing. When she broke up with Pete. The issue she finally wanted to discuss with Jack. Coming to her sences. Amazing. (no wonder she won an award for it)

Moebius: Ok, who can not love Geeky Sam? The role was so different from her usual self but she managed to pull it off beautifully.

Edit: wow 1600th post! Happy it's here
      Last edited by Lizlove; 05 August 2006, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
        Mine are:

New Order: Love how much emotions she shows when Fifth tortures her. She doesn't hold back. She even cries what I never saw her do much. The Pete part is great too. How quickly she believed him

Convenant: She gets to fly!!!! That's enough for me. And we learned a tiny bit from her past.

Gemini: Even if she did do a fault when she trusted RepliCarter it was still a fantastic job. two roles at the time? Awesome!

Threads: The acting she did when her father did was amazing. When she broke up with Pete. The issue she finally wanted to discuss with Jack. Coming to her sences. Amazing. (no wonder she won an award for it)

Moebius: Ok, who can not love Geeky Sam? The role was so different from her usual self but she managed to pull it off beautifully.

Edit: wow 1600th post! Happy it's here
        Ditto! I love that AT got to stretch her acting muscles on portraying her Evil Twin RepliCarter and the zany Lucille-Ball geeky Sam!

Congrats on your 1600th! Way to go, Liz!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
          I chose New Order, Covenant, End Game, Gemini, Reakoning, Threads and Moebius. My most fav being Gemini, Threads and Moebius.
          Unreal! EXACTLY the same as me! Reasons are slightly different, but those eps were great. Gemini and Moebius being the most amazing displays (especially if you remember In the Line of Duty and Entity) of someone capable of displaying subtle (or in Moebius - not so subtle) differences to become a different person or character. I don't know how AT does that! It's really quite remarkable!

I can't think of a person on the planet who could not love Geeky Sam. She was just soooooooooo funny!

Even though this was not my favorite season of the show, I really think it showed Sam/AT off better than any other season.

Meg Meyer
          (quiet until now, but just can't get enough of Geeky Sam!)

Comment

i picked reckoning, threads and moebius. i cant decide which one is my fav cause i think they are all great.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I don't have time to write why I chose these episodes, but these are the ones I voted for:

New Order
              Gemini
              Reckoning
              Threads
              Moebius

As usual, AT was wonderful......

I wasn't really a fan of Season 9 so I'm not sure if I'll be voting in that one....

Comment

Let's see...another fabulous season of Sam!
                New Order: The torture scenes. I know it must be hard to act those, but Amanda did a wonderful job. It was very believable and very emotional.
                Zero Hour: I just love the little bit at the end with Jack. Amanda is SO radiant! What a beautiful smile!
                Covenant: Sam did so much this ep! She was in heels, on TV, and flying an F-302! Sam is a very well-rounded woman, and Amanda can act each unique part of Sam to the hilt.
                Gemini: WOW WOW WOW!!! Amanda had to play opposite herself. She was technically the same person, but there were subtle differences that Amanda brought out. Amazing work.
                Reckoning: These are some of the best episodes of SG-1. Just great acting on everyone's part. And of course, Amanda had great chemistry with Carmen(and Cliff!).
                Threads: Didn't she win an award for this? This was an emotional episode for Sam. She had to deal with her feelings for Jack and Pete, her father dying, and Daniel being missing. Amanda showed her as a strong woman who had come to a crossroads in her life. A very powerful episode.
                Moebius: Two Words-Geek Sam. How can you not love her! Amanda played our normally cool, competent Carter as an insecure geek! What a treat. In some scenes, she reminds me of Lucille Ball. Amanda's definitely got comedic talent!

This season had SO many great moments, I can't list them all. Just know, Amanda, that your acting abilities made this entire season a pleasure to watch!

Comment

New Order, Parts 1 and 2 - A great pair of episodes. Amanda did a wonderful job handling the scenes with Fifth, both the torture scenes and the scenes at the fake farm and I especially love the scene at the end when Sam is promoted to lieutenant colonel.

Covenant - I thought that the issues in this one were very well handled, Amanda was able to capture both Sam's reluctance to discredit somebody she knew to be telling the truth and at the same time her knowledge that the Stargate Program could not be revealed to the public. The flight scene was lovely.

Reckoning, Parts 1 and 2 - Amanda always does an amazing job showing Sam's relationship with her father and these episodes were no exception. The scenes with Replicarter were really well done. Amanda did a great job playing two characters who are so different but who have a lot in common too.

Threads - A fabulous episode. Amanda did a beautiful job with the emotional side, between Sam's relationships with her father, Pete and Jack.

Moebius, Parts 1 and 2 - Amanda truly has a gift for comedy. GeekSam was wonderful.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                  X