This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis is really maturing

Atlantis has been excellent from the beginning. However I did fond the good cop, bad cop routine a little tedious and very repetitive. For example Childhood's end we have the Kids that don't live past 24.
    You have the good guy Keras and then the other guy (Ares I think his name was), the next to come into power. He struts around with a permanent scowl and says things like "we don't need to explain our selves to them!" and the such (not a very good diplomat).
    However Stargate Atlantis has edged off that cliche in the second season and appears to be holding steady with the new episodes in season 3. Not that I didn't like Childhoods End, however I think the writers at Atlantis have realised the premise has been horrible over used and focussed on other things. I say... Kudos.
    Edit: Sorry guys I posted in the wrong forum. Any moderators feel free to delete this thread.
    Last edited by behemoth100; 02 August 2006, 07:29 PM.

Kavasir: The perilous nature of this mission should not be taken lightly. There is a chance the Prometheus may not survive this voyage. But courage... and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable asset in this undertaking... Well, good luck to you all. (Beams out)
    Daniel: I miss Thor.

Don't worry, man. I'll keep it on topic for ya. watch this:

The science and tech is maturing as well. It's great now.

BAM! now it's more on topic than any other thread here.
    MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Spoiler:
    Snape kills Dumbledore
    Spoiler:
    Darth Vader is Luke's Father
    Spoiler:
    Rosebud is a sled
    Spoiler:
    Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
    Spoiler:
    The planet of the apes is actually Earth
    Spoiler:
    The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
    Spoiler:
    Clark Kent is Superman
    Spoiler:
    What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyalcapones

U sayit like that guy on the food network lol BAM!

I beleive that the way they're approaching everything seems to be far better then in the previous seasons. They, so far, have had 2 alien vessels, destroyed both of them, and managed to learn nothing from the encounters lol. I understand the neccesity in which both were destroyed, so I'm not hating on it like others would.

I would like to see some other kind of ancient technology become available to the team for regular useage on the show from Atlantis. They havn't explored all the city yet, so they should be able to find something powerful enough to play with lol

Thanks to Captain Jake for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by muddyalcapones

Wow! That move was like a magician showing you the card you picked: HOW DID HE DO THAT!?!?!?!

Originally posted by bentley2003
        I beleive that the way they're approaching everything seems to be far better then in the previous seasons. They, so far, have had 2 alien vessels, destroyed both of them, and managed to learn nothing from the encounters lol. I understand the neccesity in which both were destroyed, so I'm not hating on it like others would.
        You read my mind lol. I was talking to my friend about this: I wish they could keep any advantage they get for more than about 1-2 episodes. They find the Aurora, blown up by the Wraith by the end of the episode. FInd the Orion. Blown up in season opener. Get Hive ship. Blown up within one episode. Fabulous

Kavasir: The perilous nature of this mission should not be taken lightly. There is a chance the Prometheus may not survive this voyage. But courage... and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable asset in this undertaking... Well, good luck to you all. (Beams out)
        Daniel: I miss Thor.

Comment

Yeah and they make everything new they get seem insignificant. It would be really great if they could keep 1 advanced ship. The least they could have done was taken the drones from the Orion. I guess every new toy we get is gonna get broken. But, I agree, the show is maturing. I only hope the Asurans can be a more challenging enemy than the Wraith(not that the Wraith aren't challenging). The Wraith aren't as fearsome. I hope the Asurans can be. I guess I just want to see some ancient tech in action.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
          X