This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Episode: General Hammond?

Does anyone know why in the Episode where they imagined were made to imagine that they went back to Earth by the gas people why it was general Hammond in charge of the base instead of General O'Niell? I can't figure that one out.

They also had Sheppard meet his dead friends. The gas people did a lot of mistakes when probing their minds.

Comment

Yes but that was what I'm saying, O'Neill's in charge of the SGC by this point and to be greated by General Hammond would be like, "Sir, it's great to see you here but WHY are you here and where's General O'Niell?"

Comment

actually, i think it was landry by that point was it not?

hammond -> o'neill -> weir (barely) -> landry

Comment

you might be right. Regardless, it wasn't Hammond. So what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryu
            Does anyone know why in the Episode where they imagined were made to imagine that they went back to Earth by the gas people why it was general Hammond in charge of the base instead of General O'Niell? I can't figure that one out.
            Well probably because they could get Don and they couldn't get Rick.

But seriously, Hammond at that time was in the charge of Home World Security - so there is no reason for them to think that he WOULDN'T be the one to interogate them.

Weir really didn't know O'Neill that well, but she had dealt with Hammond.
            sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
            Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by genome
              actually, i think it was landry by that point was it not?

hammond -> o'neill -> weir (barely) -> landry
              Uh... No. 'Home' was in season 1 of Atlantis, which ran alongside season 8 of SG-1 - when Jack was in charge.
              hammond -> weir (barely) -> o'neill -> landry

Comment

Originally posted by qksilver99
                Well probably because they could get Don and they couldn't get Rick.

But seriously, Hammond at that time was in the charge of Home World Security - so there is no reason for them to think that he WOULDN'T be the one to interogate them.

Weir really didn't know O'Neill that well, but she had dealt with Hammond.
                actually weir never met general hammond she dealt more with the then colonel o'neill than she did with hammond.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill
                  actually weir never met general hammond she dealt more with the then colonel o'neill than she did with hammond.
                  It's been a while since I watched this episode and the others, but didn't Weir replace Hammond (I'd think she'd talk to him - even off screen) while at that time Colonel O'Neill was busy getting his mind overwritten by the alien database.
                  sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                  Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Yeah I noticed a lot of mistakes which most of you outlined it, I guess without those mistakes they wouldn’t even noticed and therefore Weir and Sheppard’s team would of died on that planet, so they were there for a reason…. I Assume,
                    or maybe that the mist is giving them something that they want but can’t have in reality,
                    Sheppard ---> Dead friend
                    McKay ---> That chick whose his next door neighbour

I don’t know their all assumptions

Comment

Working...
                    X