This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey...we're all ok no matter what...

I just thought about something...they still have the Time Jumper (It's Good To Be The King, Mobius) So no matter what...if worst comes to worst they can go back and stop themselfs from activating the Ancient Communication Divice and exposing themselves to the Ori
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

Not gonna happen.

Comment

The Ori would probly show up eventually anyway.
      What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
      I made a big decision a little while ago.
      I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
      That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
      Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
      Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
      Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
      Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
      And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

True but one reason they're such a threat is the Galaxy hasn't had a chance to grow and rebuild after the Goa'uld fell...they didn't come before because the Ancients shilded us from them....no reason for them to stop

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
          I just thought about something...they still have the Time Jumper (It's Good To Be The King, Mobius) So no matter what...if worst comes to worst they can go back and stop themselfs from activating the Ancient Communication Divice and exposing themselves to the Ori
          that would be a really bad plot device, and it would most likely kill the show

Comment

Well if ur gonna do that, then send a a peacekeeper back to earth before the Ancient factions formed the rift and have them settle their differences early on, so the Ori and Alterans wudnt be enemies. Also tell them to be a little more generous with their knowledge

Comment

I think they proved though with Moebius that going back in time to "fix" things doesn't necessarily mean make it better. They might solve one problem and then create another...maybe even just by their presence in the past.

For example, let's say one of them is on a street corner, just standing there. A man comes along, turns and smiles to said SG team member, and then continues across the street.

But what if in the original timeline he was meant to cross the street prematurely, get hit by a car and die? This man, who "should have died" according to the original timeline, was saved by that momentary pause to acknowledge the presence of the SG member and then goes on and gets married and has kids, who have kids, etc.

The future of the earth and time forever altered because of one of them just standing there.

This is why the first alternate future Sam from Moebius 1 said that she was scared she would accidentally step on a bug and change the future.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Bacardi
                Well if ur gonna do that, then send a a peacekeeper back to earth before the Ancient factions formed the rift and have them settle their differences early on, so the Ori and Alterans wudnt be enemies. Also tell them to be a little more generous with their knowledge
                well we wouldn't be here if that happened. The Alterans only left their home galaxy because of the Ori.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

We learned in "Mobieus" that they can't time jump to periods less than a few 100 years.

Comment

So jump back 102 years, then jump back 100 years. Not that hard.

Comment

I meant it as just a worst case scenario...the Ori push us back to our own solar system...there's no other choice...

Comment

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't give them any ideas!

Comment

Didn't Sam said that they needed to destroy the jumper? I guess she followed up on her word.

So no, we're not gonna be ultimately ok.

Comment

Using the Timejumper would simply create an alternate timeline that the Timejumper crew would be stranded in. The present timeline would still be in exactly the same peril.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                              Didn't Sam said that they needed to destroy the jumper? I guess she followed up on her word.

So no, we're not gonna be ultimately ok.
                              That was the alternate Sam. Since they buried the ZPM and we found it, there was no reason for us to go back in time and do it all over again.

So the Time Jumper is still around, because the mission to Maybourne's world still took place before they found the ZPM.

It's all about causality. The event which caused SG-1 to find the Time Jumper still occured. The event which caused SG-1 to go back in time never happened because it was made unnecessary by the alternate SG-1.

The SG-1 we're watching now isn't the same SG-1 we had been watching previously. We're now in a different alternate reality because of what the alternate SG-1 did.

Comment

Working...
                              X