Serenity's future: DVDs/tv movies/mini-series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity's future: DVDs/tv movies/mini-series

I'm a big fan of Firefly/Serenity and while I know for sure that the tv show is forever gone, the possibility of the saga continuing in a movie series is not out of the question. Considering how well the DVD sales were for Firefly/Serenity, I think the most viable option for a sequel remains in a direct DVD release or perhaps Whedon should team up with the Sci-Fi Channel and do a series of tv movies or mini-series. You can't go home again but a visit would be nice. MOVIE TIME!!!!

What does everybody else thinks?

Whitestar
    Last edited by Whitestar; 01 August 2006, 12:30 PM.
    Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

I would love a mini-series.

Comment

I disagree that there couldn't be another tv series- I believe there could be, but it would certainly not be the same show that "Firefly" was (not to say it would be worse- it could be better), but if this does not happen then optimistically I'd like Whedon to finish his trilogy, preferably on the big screen.

Comment

If this "trilogy" isn't finished it could potentially be one of greatest "lost" movies like.....ever. How can such crap movies like "Little Man" get made, but Joss can't get his movies done?

*sighs* Yup know the answer..... $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          Couldn't he just ask his fans? I'm sure there are plenty of people who would donate to see another Serenity movie, or another series for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
            Couldn't he just ask his fans? I'm sure there are plenty of people who would donate to see another Serenity movie, or another series for that matter
            That would just be.....wrong. Studio's don't seem to like to take fan money. I think the Browncoats are better off continuing with the charity work.

Comment

That and the fact that, aside from small groups of outspoken fans, the fanbase for Firefly/Serenity is large but not, IMO, vocal enough.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolKlingon
                That and the fact that, aside from small groups of outspoken fans, the fanbase for Firefly/Serenity is large but not, IMO, vocal enough.
                Actually I think it's the other way around. The Browncoats and the general Flans are very loud and outspoken but are not numerous enough - at least, not as numerous as other fan groups like Trekkies or Star Wars fans.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                  The Browncoats and the general Flans are very loud and outspoken but are not numerous enough - at least, not as numerous as other fan groups like Trekkies or Star Wars fans.
                  But they continue to grow, which is the main thing
                  Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Exactly!
                    Just you watch, the Browncoat numbers will eventually swell to such a size that we can get Universal to greenlight a second Serenity movie. And in the meantime, we'll have WW and Goners to tide us over.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                      Exactly!
                      Just you watch, the Browncoat numbers will eventually swell to such a size that we can get Universal to greenlight a second Serenity movie. And in the meantime, we'll have WW and Goners to tide us over.
                      It's only a matter of time!

Whitestar
                      Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

i dont mind if its another tv series, mini series or film as long as we get some more firefly/serenity

sig by starlover1990

Comment

A TV contuation is out of the question unless Sci-Fi gets the right idea and decides to buy the rights from Fox already. A Miniseries would be great!...don't know if that would count as part of the TV rights though.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                            Studio's don't seem to like to take fan money.
                            What the **** are you smoking? Studios would steal the candy from the baby's hand if they thought it was worth something. They release 10 different version DVDs of the same movie over and over. They want money, anyone's money.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                              What the **** are you smoking? Studios would steal the candy from the baby's hand if they thought it was worth something. They release 10 different version DVDs of the same movie over and over. They want money, anyone's money.
                              Since when have they made a show out of the money that fans have just handed them to try and keep a show alive? There's a huge difference between selling a product and getting fans to pay for the show out of their pocket.

Comment

Working...
                              X