Have we ever seen a Stargate destroyed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we ever seen a Stargate destroyed?

It's something that's come up a fair amount recently - and I'm wondering if we have ever actually heard of a Stargate actually being destroyed. Sure we've thrown them into Suns, the proximity of black holes, been present on ships that have exploded, taken direct meteor hits - but they always seem to survive. Does anyone recall it being stated that one was destroyed?

If a ship with asgard shields can't stand up to a black hole from transporter distance - it's impressive a stargate with no shield can survive. (Or is a shield implied as per the older SG1 episode when they throw it in the sun)

yup...redemption...the earth gate went boom!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

if i recall, we saw a huge explosion after the gate went into hyperspace - but it wasn't confirmed the gate was destroyed - that could have just been the x-302 exploding as a result of the overload. (although I agree the gate being destroyed in that case is likely)

Comment

The gate itself is what was overloading. What was the point of them even trying to get rid of it if it wasn't going to "blow up"?
        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRLeggett
          if i recall, we saw a huge explosion after the gate went into hyperspace - but it wasn't confirmed the gate was destroyed - that could have just been the x-302 exploding as a result of the overload. (although I agree the gate being destroyed in that case is likely)
          It was the gate. That's why they had to get it out of the SGC.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Um didn't the Tok'ra mention something about the shields on the sun-go-blewy one being able to keep the 'Gate from being disentigrated for just enough time to make the sun go blewy?
            When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
            Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRLeggett
              I devoted an entire thread to this theory. I believe once the gate entered hyperspace the wormhole closed and the massive explosion was due to the naquadria generators aboard the x 302 when the energy overloading the gate transferred to the 302.

Anyway it would make a great story.

Comment

In '48 Hours' when the Alkesh [sp?] falls to the ground after Teal'c shoots it.

Comment

And that one when they through it into the sun.
                  ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

According to Teal'c in "Singularity", Nirrti once destroyed a Stargate by sending a booby traped emissary for a negotiation...

Teal'c: "This Goa'uld Nirrti, he [Guess they didn't know that HE was a SHE] once sent an emissary of peace, to negotiate a treaty concerning a Stargate, Apophis had taken control of. The negotiations was a ploy, the Stargate was destroyed."
                    Drahc
                    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

Comment

... And I assume the Stargate in
                      Spoiler:
                      "Trinity" was also destroyed... along with 5/6 of the solar system
                      Drahc
                      "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

Comment

From the above posts, I'd say it's safe to assume we've seen quite a few Stargates go bye-bye actually over the seasons.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          yup...redemption...the earth gate went boom!
                          the Antarctic gate went boom poor thing
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

but we saw a stargate survive a multigigaton blast when the first supergate was attempted and we know they survive volcanic eruptions

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                              but we saw a stargate survive a multigigaton blast when the first supergate was attempted and we know they survive volcanic eruptions
                              The Prior Shielded it.

Comment

Working...
                              X