Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone think that it's strange how...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone think that it's strange how...

there are always a lot of people on the forum but there's only a new post every 15 or 30 minutes?

well, whenever i go for new posts, there seems to be new ones all the time. lol... but, i don't really look at the times so.... lol

... so, how's the weather? lol

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Well, look at the season 8 board, there's like 25 viewers but the last post was more than 1 hour ago.

Comment

I don't know what the timeouts are, but those people may have loaded the S8 board, read something and then walked away or went to another site.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
          there are always a lot of people on the forum but there's only a new post every 15 or 30 minutes?

I don't find that strange at all. If you click on New Posts, you can see that there are new posts every couple minutes depending on the time of the day. The one thing that I do find strange is that the number of "guests" usually equals, and sometimes outnumbers, the number of "members" on the boards.

Comment

i think that all the posts happen during the times when it's not working for me so when i finally get to the forum, i have about 10 or 11 pages to go through, and then only every now and then there's new posts... lol

Comment

I always find it weird to imagine that people would enjoy the show enough to seek out a board like this, and then when they find it, simply lurk rather than post anything.

I think I lurked for about a week before I posted my first comment. but that was more to get a feel of the board..

I know that some people feel intimidated, and a bit scared of posting, believing that people will think they're silly or boring or whatever.. again thats weird... for the most part, I doubt anyone could call me shy
              but I quickly figured out in my lurking time that this board is unlike most that you find. People are (generally) respectfull and nice. which is a bonus

And I'm incredibly curious to find out what those people think. They're all lurking out there... thinking their thoughts forming their opinions....and then...nothing? what an anti-climax.

Comment

Jafana, I lurked for years. I guess I'm just strange that way. (Actually, it was a Delphi thing...)

Maybe they're all PTB?
                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                once done, cannot be undone...
                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                  I guess I'm just strange that way.
                  Well, I didn't want to say anything, but now that you mention it.....

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                  Maybe they're all PTB?

It would be nice to think that. considering that I have this weird faith that they really do know what we want, and are gonna fight to have it happen. (whatever that might be...)

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                    I always find it weird to imagine that people would enjoy the show enough to seek out a board like this, and then when they find it, simply lurk rather than post anything.

I think I lurked for about a week before I posted my first comment. but that was more to get a feel of the board..

I know that some people feel intimidated, and a bit scared of posting, believing that people will think they're silly or boring or whatever.. again thats weird... for the most part, I doubt anyone could call me shy
                    but I quickly figured out in my lurking time that this board is unlike most that you find. People are (generally) respectfull and nice. which is a bonus

And I'm incredibly curious to find out what those people think. They're all lurking out there... thinking their thoughts forming their opinions....and then...nothing? what an anti-climax.
                    Also, there is probably a large number of people that come here for news and other info, but are simply not interested in adding to it, perhaps feeling that they don't have anything to add. Not everyone is all that opinionated

But I do agree, this forum is pretty newbie friendly (trust me, I've seen some real hostile ones). But that may be because the newbies for the most part behave intelligently.

Comment

heck, I seem to see a post every split second - can barely keep up with you guys!
                      sigpic

Comment

I keep going to the "New Posts" part of the forum. I like to keep the conversations hot, fresh and awefully controversial. jk

Comment

Generally, I just look out for the activated wormhole image! I see a new post, and give it a read.
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                            I keep going to the "New Posts" part of the forum. I like to keep the conversations hot, fresh and awefully controversial. jk
                            i only really like to go around little new threads. i don't really feel like reading through pages, and pages, and pages of a thread. don't wanna hang out in threads about a certain character (unless it's someone i love). i usually just hang around in the music video thread, but i'm going around more...

mmm this cheeseburger is really yummy.

Comment

Working...
                            X